Trailer Trash

Sunday..first day of the week and the month if June. (Read 34 times)

Occasional Runner

Ran 56 hilly, hot and humid miles. More on this later.

QOTD: I only use the "jogger" term when I want to insult the person I'm talking to. Which is probably what he intended to do as well. Looks like he nailed it.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm surprised our ultra jogging moderator hasn't chimed in with her two cents, she's probably out with her

bike friends. Trader.

Messenjah

In Africa and still checks in on us 

Ran 56 hilly, hot and humid miles. More on this later.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm surprised our ultra jogging moderator hasn't chimed in with her two cents, she's probably out with her

bike friends. Trader.

I am actually visiting our old friend from RWOL...mnkiwi aka Deana...this weekend.  We're both recovering from surgeries so no one ran, but we did go for a nice hike.

I'm also buying a brand new fancy bike tomorrow 

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

So these are the dailies I'm told to post in! Hmmm....  Came back early from a wknd at the cabin. The mosquitoes were like something from a bad horror movie. Been years since I've had that kind of fun. Actually yelled uncle and headed home early. They were even drilling me as I ran which while moving is usually not a problem. Almost cried like a baby when a shoelace became untied and I had to stop for a minute. Only armed with deet and I was no match for a tiny bug. A long winter with deep snow has left standing water everywhere, could be a real bad summer in the north.   So not many miles and I didn't bust out my mountain bike either. I am a slacking wimp.

QOTD--I usually just look at the source. Plenty of people mean well but just have no clue and are trying to make conversation. But some are certainly insulting you, no doubt. Funny though as these days I call myself a trail jogger at my pace but I don't really want anyone else to. I suppose next time I'll just say "I am on my 3rd trip around the world in total miles. How's your mileage?"

If we need to apply labels I think MarkO says it right as a jogger is just a casual non-regular runner. Anyone who needs to apply a pace per mile criteria to it is just displaying his/her ignorance.

moonlightrunner

So these are the dailies I'm told to post in! Hmmm....  Came back early from a wknd at the cabin. The mosquitoes were like something from a bad horror movie. Been years since I've had that kind of fun. Actually yelled uncle and headed home early. They were even drilling me as I ran which while moving is usually not a problem. Almost cried like a baby when a shoelace became untied and I had to stop for a minute. Only armed with deet and I was no match for a tiny bug. A long winter with deep snow has left standing water everywhere, could be a real bad summer in the north.   So not many miles and I didn't bust out my mountain bike either. I am a slacking wimp.

QOTD--I usually just look at the source. Plenty of people mean well but just have no clue and are trying to make conversation. But some are certainly insulting you, no doubt. Funny though as these days I call myself a trail jogger at my pace but I don't really want anyone else to. I suppose next time I'll just say "I am on my 3rd trip around the world in total miles. How's your mileage?"

If we need to apply labels I think MarkO says it right as a jogger is just a casual non-regular runner. Anyone who needs to apply a pace per mile criteria to it is just displaying his/her ignorance.

+ 1 regarding the mosquitoes! Ticks are bad this year too.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So my run today turned into a jog, we'll barely a jog more like a power hike.  Lot's of snow and eval gain.  We went up to 9,000 feet.  Power

hiked 13 mikes.

Actually the guy at work is a nice guy and an athletic, it just bugged me when he said jog.  Totally agree with what Mark said..I'm a trail runner it is who I am.   Just wondering what use guys thought.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MarkO1969

Sue, where were you in that much snow specifically?  Friends of mine just rode their bikes around Tahoe today, apparently 72 miles (crazy), and I noticed some snow in higher peaks in the backgrounds of their photos.  But I don't know the area well enough to know which actual peaks had the snow... unless it's as simple as it being the ski areas like Squaw, etc...

Mark O.

Rocklin, CA

Baby steps towards lurking less...

Ran 16 lovely miles on trails through redwoods with RC friends.  Surprised that there's as much water as there is in the waterfalls (we were in Waddell -- Berry Creek Falls, Sunset Falls -- for anyone in the Bay Area) since there's been so little rain.  Rather glum about going back to work tomorrow but what can you do.

Hey Mark O, what do you do in Rocklin?  And since I'm being nosy about fellow Northern Californians, Queen of Nothing, what do you do in Grass Valley?  MTA: Besides jogging, I mean.

QOTD: Nothing to add really.  Really depends on who's using the term and how.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sue, where were you in that much snow specifically?  Friends of mine just rode their bikes around Tahoe today, apparently 72 miles (crazy), and I noticed some snow in higher peaks in the backgrounds of their photos.  But I don't know the area well enough to know which actual peaks had the snow... unless it's as simple as it being the ski areas like Squaw, etc...

I was on the PCT trail off the 80 by Boreal.  Fun fact the PCT trail goes under the highway via tunnels.

Gatsby:  Kayak, Mt Bike, ride Quads, boating, jeeping, snowboard, camping oh yea and I Work for the county.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Queen... I think you need more hobbies!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k