Trailer Trash

Busy Tuesdalies (Read 33 times)

Daydreamer1

SRD for me.  I was scheduled to work a oddball shift today. Was supposed to be in at 10 and work until 8 tonight. That should have left some time for a morning run, but I decided to go in early to do some training that I can only do on the company computers and they want it done by the 31st.

QOTD: How many miles a week do you need to average to feel strong?  For me I need at least 25 and 30 is better. It's really only when I get >30mpw that I really see real improvement in my performance. This holds true for both longer slow runs and shorter speedy runs. If I'm looking for good on the bike performance I need to get in 75-80 MPW to feel strong and 100+ is better.

Hope everyone has a good day.

NorthernHarrier

After multiple workouts yesterday today is a rest day. Just about to start on a light core, weight, and a little elliptical but that will be all. Just enough to keep the blood flowing. Last nights run, well I made the best of it as the trails I drove to and figured to be in good shape were pretty muddy in spots, actually most of the trail was a mess. Hopefully the weather this week will accelerate the drying out.

QOTD--Doesn't really apply to me these days as I am just an old guy holding on so I'll answer as to a few years back.  I always figured 40 was perfect for me and my goals at the time. I could get the right balance of workouts in(speed, distance, tempo, hills, etc.) but also maintain a balance in my life(family, work, other recreation). Plus it seemed whenever I upped it to 50mpw I always seemed a little fatigued and I think the laws of diminishing returns was a factor. Very little if any difference in performance for the additional work.

Marley and I got out for a quick 3 mile run  from the new house.  The trail starts a half mile from the house and is pretty nice.

QOTD:  25-30

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

XtremeTaper

Good morning all. Had a nice 7 miles on the trails of Coventry Woods last night with the Lady. Temps in the mid 50's but still pretty windy. The good thing about that wind is it's drying out the trails. Nearly normal conditions right now. Damp, soft trails with just a few muddy spots. Felt pretty sluggish for the first 2 miles during the big climb but later in the run on top of the ridge I was running east away from the setting sun, chasing my shadow and feeling pretty good. Something in the 5-6 mile range this evening. Might be some rain or something they say.

QOTD: Improvement in performance may be a thing of the past for me. Other than some soft times at very long distances I don't see myself beating certain PR's or maybe I just don't care to train that way anymore. That said I feel pretty good at 60-70 miles per week but typical weeks are more like 50-60. My problem with performance right now is I don't plan workouts. Just sort of run whatever pace and try to push things once or twice a week on certain trail routes.

Tromper - So you are down in FL for good now?! You and Marley enjoy those new trails.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

sugnim

Good morning all.  I had a nice 4.5 mile predawn run this morning before work.  I checked the sunrise calendar and it looks like I should only need my headlamp for about one more month.

QOTD: As long as I'm active on most days, I feel good.

AT-runner

Tim

Shake out run of 4 miles on the road.  Felt pretty good with no soreness from my weekend running.  Results have me ending up 3rd in my AG, so that was nice surprise.

QOTD:  More about maintaining my fitness level now, and I feel good with 45-55 mile range.  I add more for race build ups and drop down a bit in November and December. If I push above 65+ miles per week, I start to get nagging injuries.  I run 4-5 days per week, so long run is usually 40-50% of my weekly mileage.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Harrier, where did you run yesterday?  Lodi?  I'm really hoping Brooklyn is mostly dry by the weekend.  Maybe I'll skip that 5K even though Prairie Runner offered to pace me.  I'd rather trail run if we're going to be in good shape.  Then again, it looks like rain Thursday.  Ugh.

I'll run 6-7 road miles after work today and hope that my foot cooperates.

QOTD: I like 40mpw.  I haven't seen that in a long freaking time.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Have to stay longer at work today to cover for a sick co-worker. I hope I'll still get a run in later.

QOTD: above 25 to feel ok, which for me means to not get lightheaded when standing up, or fall asleep when sitting down. Low blood pressure at work there. Above 35 to see an improve in performance, and above 45 to see significantly faster times. I usually try to keep it around 35 in between races, when I run just for fun, but missed some miles this winter.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lunchtime five planned.

QOTD:  Greater than 30 for sure.  If you look at my running log for the last year I have just  been maintaining.

Northern:  Dude your not an old man you're my age and I'm not an old lady!!

AT:  Nice job on third.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Harrier, where did you run yesterday?  Lodi?  I'm really hoping Brooklyn is mostly dry by the weekend.  Maybe I'll skip that 5K even though Prairie Runner offered to pace me.  

Yeah, Lodi. They hardly had any of that last snow so I figured..... essentially unrunnable. I wouldn't be too optimistic on Brooklyn as they got close to a foot of snow the other day but we are having a good week right now so who knows.  Donald would probably decent.  Maybe Friday morning I'll recon a couple spots before work since I start late and it will be a rest day.   Saturday for me is up in the air as I want/need to run long but supposedly my new canoe is gonna be delivered but I have no idea if and when. Maybe the Kettle Moraine later.

What 5k? That Bunny Rabbit run in Fitchburg?

BTW, I'm at Subway right now in Hometown USA.

runtraildc

hi trailers!   Got in yoga this morning, am planning an easy 4 around the neighborhood tonight.  Spring-like temps here today.  Might have cherry blossoms before the festival ends here.

qotd:  You all are a bunch of over-achievers.  I like to be around 25, but lately it is more 20 or so.  Not a big difference physically; more of a mind matter.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Yeah, Lodi. They hardly had any of that last snow so I figured..... essentially unrunnable. I wouldn't be too optimistic on Brooklyn as they got close to a foot of snow the other day but we are having a good week right now so who knows.  Donald would probably decent.  Maybe Friday morning I'll recon a couple spots before work since I start late and it will be a rest day.   Saturday for me is up in the air as I want/need to run long but supposedly my new canoe is gonna be delivered but I have no idea if and when. Maybe the Kettle Moraine later.

What 5k? That Bunny Rabbit run in Fitchburg?

BTW, I'm at Subway right now in Hometown USA.

Sigh.  Stupid freak snowstorm.    Keep me updated on trail conditions if you go anywhere!  And yes, some Easter themed 5K in Fitchburg.  I only registered for it because it was $10 at the time.  Apparently there are "sugar stations" every mile.  WTF.  Road races are dumb.

Of all the places in Hometown USA you picked Subway?  LOL.

Running is dumb.

muppy

Planned on 8 miles ended up doing 15.4 on the horseshoe Trail and rocky  trails around Governor Dick.

Congratulations on third-place AT!

QOTD  I like to be between 40 and 50 miles a week. I haven't been there in over a year, but I'm slowly working my way back.

moonlightrunner

A little over 4 today with the pointer. It is only 40 degrees out...they promised 52! 

Qotd: based on last summer If I am doing 35-40 I feel very invigorated. ---Sigh--- such fond memories!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run today.  Still working my way back to feeling normal.  I am not there yet.  Not sure when I will attempt a run.  Hoping soon but I have no reason to rush.

QOTD: It's been a long time since I have had any decent mileage but between 30 -40 was a good range for me.  I have never done well with consistently hight mileage (50mpw+).

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday