Trailer Trash

Sundailies (Read 31 times)

Marley and I had another great 3 mile trail run. It was pretty warm, but the trail was still frozen solid.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Just getting moving.  Easy run today to shake the legs out.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

hog4life

I've been MIA for a couple days. I finished my HM pushing a stroller in 2:12:10 which I was really pleased with. I'll try to get a few pics up soon. A lot of my local friends did Delano 12 hour yesterday, so I'll be looking for some reports. It's on a 1 mile loop, and they also offer a relay option, or 50 mile option I believe. I have been wanting to participate in this for a few years, but think I would like to start as part of a relay team. Not quite ready to run for that long by my self. Today is back to work, so no running.

Sandy-2

I was going to meet a friend for a run at 6:30am this morning. But a got a text at 6:00 saying she wasn't going to be there.  That settled it.....  that text plus the rain falling was "a sign", I slept in.  :-)

Actually I have this tiny thing in my calf, I've been babying it for a few runs, it's trying to figure out if it's gonna cramp up into a "calf strain" of get better.  Perhaps with this URD I can help push it towards getting better.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

hog4life

The top one has to be my favorite picture from yesterday. If you have never pushed a special needs child, you really should, it will touch your heart like nothing else. Hank couldn't speak to me and Amy, but he could answer yes/no questions, so we were able to ask him if he wanted something to drink going through the aid stations. His Dad and personal assistant were able to strap him into his walker, and he was able to move himself, with a little help from us through the finish line.

AT-runner

Tim

hog- That last picture tells it all, pure joy in that kid's face.  Awesome job!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

For the first time in months, I'm planning on my run for the evening time versus the morning today. Spent yesterday in the mountains, so legs are a little beat up...I could use the afternoon relaxing. Plus, I have a new hour tonight to work with. Smile Will get in a 2 hour run tonight.

As mentioned, spent yesterday playing in the hills. About 10 miles and 4000' of gain. Not really "running", but its the reason "why" I run!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

hog- very nice! 

going to try and squeeze in 14-ish miles this afternoon

legs are a little fatigued from our snowshoe trip yesterday- only a little over 8 miles, but the four mile trip in to Elkhorn Peak gained ~ 3000'.  my wife was too fatigued to summit and waited for me about a 1/2 mile shy, I made a big push and took a gamble when I hit the ridge proper and dumped my snowshoes as the snow was thinner and firmer due to the wind- it paid off and I made it in a hour (1/2 mile in an hour = 120 minute mile )

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

Got in 6.3 miles last night. I think today, even though it is 45° and beautiful out will be URD. I'm thinking all the snow running is hurting my groin.

Mt Warden and DerekF nice pictures, looks like a great time!

Hogforlife, nice half marathon, i'm glad you had such a good time pushing that young man!

runtraildc

Hog- what an amazing experience you gave that young man!  (and his family).  Thanks for sharing the photos.

raced a 15k this morning.  Lots of fun, though not terribly speedy.  Still lots of snow and ice on the biker-hiker trail, so the route was amended to include some road.

Sandy- I hope that calf feels better asap.

have a good day trailers!

Daydreamer1

Did 10 miles on the mountain yesterday. Driving into the parking area was sketchy due to the amount of snow. Ended up running on a state forest road. So many ruts and holes that it was like running on a moderately technical trail. I tried some of the side trails but it was impossible to do more then wade through the 2-3 feet of snow so I gave up on that pretty quickly.  Hope they melt down quickly, I was planning on using those trails for hill training for Hyner. Calves and ankles are quite sore today.

Heading out for 7-9 miles on the dirt roads around the house this afternoon. Temps are up into the 40s with plenty of sunshine .

Hog - Great job!!!

Derek -  Looks like fun.

Sandy-2

mtwarden and DerekF - great photos.  Inspiring, when I get back to Korea I think I'll have to drive over to the higher 'mountain' maybe there will be snow over there.

runtraildc - thanks.

Hogforlife - really like the last photo, you're a good egg.  I hope you got him a PR !!!!  LOL

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

16 miles after work on bike path and snow-covered trails. Now my legs are shot. The ankle-deep, wet, heavy snow was very slippery, and it was just exhausting. The few clear patches on the bike path were a very welcome relieve.

DD ran 3 miles with me, and then I just kept going, all excited about the sunshine and the mild temperatures. Very pleasant and fun.

Hog: Great race, and congratulations to the little guy. It is very touching to see him walk on his own across the finish line, and it must have been a wonderful experience for him and his family.

Derek, warden: wonderful pictures!

Sandy: Keep babying that calf, hopefully it will get better soon.

Anyone planning on taking advantage of the full moon these days?

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

Wow, you all are doing such cool things. Hog, that's great!

I, otoh, am angry at the outside world not complying with my training for a stupid marathon. I ran 17 miles on the treadmill today, a new record for me. Did you know that MIT has about a million different lectures up on their OpenCourseware site for free?

moonlightrunner

After reading all of your posts I am almost ashamed to write of my meagre run today. I went to the state park to run 7, learned I needed to be home sooner than I thought so I decided to do the 5 mile loop. It has not had much traffic, the snow was deep and wet/heavy. I slogged, and ran and hiked and struggled.  But...the weather was so nice! It was about 40 degrees and I ran most of it in tights and a tank top. The coldest part of me were my lower legs. I should have worn my visitors.

Warden, Derek and Hog....great pics!

You all have put in great miles this weekend and had great adventures! Such an inspiration. AT, great miles yesterday! I am hoping to get my ass back in gear so myvruns can be post-worthy.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k