Trailer Trash

The Thursdaily! (Read 31 times)

Occasional Runner

& trail miles with the puppy. It was 41 degrees this morning and felt almost too warm. Acclimation is in full effect!

The trails I run in the morning are kinda spooky in the dark. I'm very tempted to go for an early morning run in a clown costume with full horror clown makeup.  I can ditch my headlamp when somebody comes down the trail and just stand in the middle of the trail when they come by. I know that would scare the shit out of me.

QOTD: I see the "World Series" has concluded. Did you get into it at all?

I barely knew it was happening. It seems like it used to be a much bigger deal when I was younger.

Birdwell

Clown costumes?

That's all kinds of messed up. 

another SRD for me. Or maybe I'll go run later, who knows.

QOTD: I followed it a little.Game 7, bottom of the 9th in the world series gives me goosebumps no matter whose playing.

AT-runner

Tim

Heading out to the AT for 10-12.  Got a new pair of Lone Peak 2's in yesterday and they need to get dirty.  Amazon has them on sale for $97 if anyone is looking.

QOTD:  I'm a baseball fanatic, so yes, watched all of the playoffs and WS.  157 days until opening day 2015.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Pretty awesome run last night, not so much in terms of pace but just the look and feel of the outdoors. Cool, grey, and drizzly when LadyB and the woods had that wet earthy damp smell of fall. By the time we hit the endpoint of the loop the clouds were starting to break up and the fading sun added a nice orange glow to the western sky where we were heading. We ran this loop opposite of our normal direction, meaning we did the upper woodsier trail first and the lower lakeside trail to finish up. Sort of on purpose to give us more light at the end of the run since darkness falls so early now and it's a bit more open nearer the lake. I was taken aback a few times how different the trail looks in this direction. A few times I had to think about where I was at on the trail though I've run it hundreds of times. Towards the end of the run I started to notice just how colorful it is still in the woods right now, the trail and forest floor covered in brown/burnt orange leaves, with the smaller trees and saplings still blazing in yellow and orange with still just a few tiny hints of green to be seen. It was really nice, and other than the dog and myself, and one lone hiker we had the place to ourselves. It still amazes me the things you see when you just get out there. A damp yucky day turns  into something special during an evening jaunt in the woods.

Today, another evening run over at Monocacy Hill. It's sunny today. Should be nice. There is a little tunnel of small trees over there in the opening mile that I can't wait to see.

QOTD: I casually followed the Series and was pulling for the Royals. I did not watch any of the games except for the last 2 innings last night. Dang, the tie run stranded on 3rd in the bottom of the 9th. The place would have gone nuts had a homer been hit then.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Marley and I had a nice cool 4 mile trail run this morning.  They are saying it could snow here in the next few days!

QOTD: Not much.  I did watch a few innings here and there when DW had it on.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

7 this a.m. on the roads - enjoying running under the stars, but still looking forward to an extra hour of sun in the morning next week.

QOTD:  No rooting interest, but I followed the playoffs and WS and watched a few innings of a few games, including last night.  I watched the first couple of innings with my kids - they don't know much about baseball but were still excited to watch.  Would have liked to see the Royals win, but that's baseball...

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

4.5 miles with Bella this morning, which gives me 100.3 miles for the month.  Fuck you, and take that, hip surgery!!!  Now, off to Chicago.

QOTD: I'll never watch the World Series unless the Cubs are playing, which means I never watch the World Series.

Running is dumb.

dpc3

I'll get in a bunch of riding today: ride up to DD school and back twice, ride up to DS school, and might break out the ol' stationary bike stand and get 30 minutes in. It's a riding kind of day. Can't wait for the DR's appt next week to get an idea of when I can run again. Have a good day all.

QOTD: Last night was the first portion of the game I saw due to a youth baseball party for my son. I am losing interest in main stream professional sports for some reason. Don't know why just am.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So close at getting up but didn't...wish I had because when I rolled out of bed at 7:20 the sky was glowing pink.    So that leaves a night run with Earl.  Ran 5 with a group last night.  Fun running in the dark, I was in front because I have Earl but I also know the park well and they had no idea where they were.

QOTD:  I was out running..but one guy was checking occasionally on the score..I did not give a shit.

Kelly: guessing you either ran 7 mils or just some additional (&Wink miles.  If I saw a creepy clown in the woods in the middle of the night that just might permanently ruin my ability to run in the woods.

AT:  Enjoy the new shoes.  I just got a Pair of Cascadia 7 for $59 (ebay) and 4 new pairs of tough wool socks....so exciting.  Wore them last night.

Xtreme:  Namaste...aka yes..wow..uh ha..isn't it great..

Mady:  Way to go!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Kelly: guessing you either ran 7 mils or just some additional (&Wink miles.  If I saw a creepy clown in the woods in the middle of the night that just might permanently ruin my ability to run in the woods.

Sue, that's obviously a capital 7!

Gator eye

Hit the roads for 8 this morning.

Lace- when running at o-dark thirty I sometime scare myself with just thoughts of that happening. I'll probably poop myself.

QOTD I like to watch but most games are on to late for me to watch

DigDug2

XT - great description of your run.  Many of my "magical runs" seem to be on the trails in autumn...

AT-runner

Tim

Like my new Altra Lone Peak 2.0's.  This is my second pair, and I wasn't sure at first if I would keep using them since I liked the 1.5's and this is a big difference from that shoe.  Kelly's review is spot on.  Kind of a morph between the Lone Peak 1.5 and their Olympus shoes.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Got out of work late this morning, got home and took a nap that lasted longer then I wanted it to . On the flip side I'm feeling well rested for a run so It looks like a nice 8-10 miles is in order.

QOTD:  What is this "World Series" event you speak of ????.  Didn't watch a bit of it. I forgot where the Giants were from and kind of hoped that the Royals would win since they haven't won it in a long time, at least that's what I gathered from hearing a few news reports. When I was driving truck I used to follow baseball a lot. Now I barely know anything about it. It seems that the more active I became the less I followed baseball and among the "ball" sports, the more I prefer soccer, football and even basketball.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Hiya all!

I got out for 4 miles yesterday (on the roads).  It pretty much sucked.  I'm out of running shape.  Only one way to fix that!

QOTD: I attended/watched 1 Yankees game for a work event this year...that is the extent of my baseball following this year, but I'll jump on the Phillies bandwagon whenever they're doing well.

**Ask me about streaking**