Trailer Trash

110 miles: Swimming (Read 31 times)

Daydreamer1

So you can run a 100 miles but can you swim that far Big grin?

http://news.yahoo.com/nyad-1st-swim-florida-cuba-without-cage-180026706.html

I found this inspiring for several reasons.

1). This is her fifth attempt. Never stop trying, you don't know what you can achieve if you stop.

2).  She is 64 years old. Age does matter, to a point. There are quite a few things that I want to achieve in life and for some of them I know I'll probably be in my late 50s or into my 60s when I get to them so I found this inspiring.

3).  If you stop for discomfort or in the face of danger, one danger for her was sharks, you'll never accomplish much in life.

Oh, BTW, sorry for the off topic post.

moonlightrunner

She is an inspiration. Since I am 55...she Gives me hope I can accomplish them. However...none of my goals will EVER involve shark infested waters.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Uh oh... now what?

Ah c'mon, she is barely in her sixties... Big grin .

Just think -- 1984, they (the men in charge) let women into the Olympic marathon, but their (the men) wisdom kept the women, frail things that they are, from running the 5000 until 1995 (IAAF) and 1996 (Olympics).

Next thing you know they'll think...

I was so inspired following this story over the weekend. Especially because she said this would be her FINAL attempt,  no matter what happened.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I was very happy for her.  This story speaks of so many things.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I read about it a few days ago, and I really admire the commitment and perseverance.

There was also a report about another endurance swimmer in Germany, attempting to swim 55k (as the crow files, it usually is much more because of strong drifts) somewhere in the north, but she did not make it. Still a great endeavor.

Run for fun.