Trailer Trash

Tasty Tuesdaily (Read 25 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's Tuesday and I am so wishing it was Friday.  That is the problem with the holidays, they leave you with a "long weekend hangover".  I did read Harrier's post from yesterday with his schedule and I think he has the right idea.  Work is so over rated!

Went to the gym last night and ran 4 TM miles followed by the stairs o death.  Monday is a typical gym night for me but it was appropriate that the temps dropped dramatically from over the weekend to yesterday.  I don't mind cold running but it takes a little for my body to get used to it.  There were a lot more people last night at the gym than I have seen in a long time for late at night.  It was either the cold weather pushing people in or "New Year's Resolutions".

QOTD: And new tasty recipes or foods tried lately?

DW made a really good one the other day that is supposed to be a soup but turned out to be more of a stew.  Has sweet potatoes in it.  Ummm...Geez I forget what else it has.  I will try and get the recipe and post in the recipe thread.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Planning on heading up onto the mountain for some miles. Don't know how many yet, just depends on how I feel. Of course I'm having trouble motivating myself to get out in the cold today, so I might just do a trainer and elliptical session at the house.  If so that will be 45 minutes on the trainer and 30 on the elliptical.

QOTD: Nothing outstanding. DW has a niece in Texas and her Husband makes some really delicious barbecue chicken. I've been trying to replicate that but have had only moderate success, at least by my standards.  DW has been trying some new recipes and while they are OK, it's nothing really great. 

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 10 miles in the cold windy woods. 9* with below zero wind chill.  I usually like cold runs, but this year I haven't acclimated to the cold yet. Beautiful out there all alone in the woods.

QOTD : Tried a new sandwich at Subway the other day, does that count? Otherwise, no experimentation for us in the kitchen.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

NH,  I  want to be you, when I grow up.

Jamie, how is the promotion working out?

Dd, Hawaii sounds great. We have 30th anniversary this year and looking for options. We're thinking some sightseeing in a national park somewhere.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's cold and rainy outside so I am not getting out of bed to run.  It makes it darker.  I was thinking I may run after work but that puts me on the road, unless I drive to a park.   We shall see...I need Jamie to get my arse moving. 

QOTD:  I made a butternut squash soup.  It has ginger and quinoa in it.  Loved it!  Husband not so much, said he felt like he was eating baby food.  It was very simple to make.

AT:  You the man!   10 miles 9 below!!!   and ......in the kitchen. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Winter finally made it to Michigan. Me and the dog hit the road early this morning for 6, temp was just under zero. I like running when it's that cold, all you hear is the squeak squeak squeak of your shoes on the hard pack, the whole world feels a little cleaner at that temp.

QOTD Roasted garlic ranch dressing. It's taking over for blue cheese in my lunch box.

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  You the man!   10 miles 9 below!!!   and ......in the kitchen. 

It was 9* above zero with the windchill at -1.

Nothing too special about that, I'm sure our northern friends get that all the time (on their warm days).

It felt colder because I haven't had any really cold runs yet this year.  Even in Oregon it was 25* most of the time and then when we got back it's been in the 50's for most of my runs.

The sub I had, at Subway, was a Turkey Italiano Melt. Yummmm.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 miles up to the fire tower, in the sun and cold. 12 degrees when I started, and it sure was colder up on top, and down in the shadowy valley.

But I enjoyed the sparkle of the sparse bits of snow or ice, and the rushing of the creek, which is surprisingly not iced over yet at all.

Had the trails all to myself, too.

QOTD: Gluten free sugar cookies. It's my usual sugar cookie recipe, made with a gluten free flour mix. They are even better than the original!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Queen - you totally reminded me that the soup DW had made was not indeed made with sweet potatoes but it was buttermilk squash.  It had chicken, kidney beans, and other veggies in it.  So good.

And I think I need the motivation too.  I was a little burned out by the time New Years Eve hit.  Not that I was glad I got sick over the weekend but it gave me a good excuse to take a break.  Now to figure out how to get quickly acclimated to the temps AT referenced.  

AT - promotion going well so far although I do not have anyone under me yet.  That should change real soon.  But I am certainly busy preparing for some things and getting all my former responsibilities done in the mean time of hiring.  The pay is better though! 

XtremeTaper

Brisk crisp 6 miles on the trails of Coventry Woods with the Lady at lunchtime. Downright balmy compared to some of you... low to mid 20's I suspect with bright sunshine. Actually felt pretty good. Still shorts weather!

Oh,  mass quantities of resolutioners at the gym last night. Luckily they did not slow down my routine too much.

QOTD: While down in GA we always get something from the local butcher near my sister's house. This year it was his slow cooked smoked brisket. That was pretty much to die for with his homemade BBQ sauce. My only regret is not buying more. We had very little leftovers.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a frosty run in after work last night, need to snap a pic next time I get the good one pound ice stache 

going to try and get 5-6 miles in tonight, should be warmer

qotd: my wife made some hors d'oeuvres, the one I really liked were bacon wrapped dates- thinking they would make good marching fare

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

All you cold, cold running folks are making me feel like a wuss for not getting out in the rain and running.  I would do the treadmill back that upset my dog because I am running without him.  Isn't that pathetic!

Jamie what is the name of your team? I need to keep a eye on you.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

5:00:00am alarm goes off...  at 5:00:01am I decide to take a SRD.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

All you cold, cold running folks are making me feel like a wuss for not getting out in the rain and running.  I would do the treadmill back that upset my dog because I am running without him.  Isn't that pathetic!

Jamie what is the name of your team? I need to keep a eye on you.

I think we (or someone) decided on "Born to Pun".  It's team 2.  Oh and guess who is on the team.  Nathan.  Good to see he is still around...and running.

LB2

A fast 3 after work.

QOTD: I experiment all the time, but nothing comes to mind right now. My brain is fried, over easy.

LB2