Trailer Trash

NB MT 101 Alternatives (Read 21 times)

Messenjah

So I think that my 2nd (and last) pair of MT 101's are almost shot. 1500 miles (3000 for both pairs) and I find myself looking for replacements. I went to my LRS and literally no shoes compared. The 110's are were really narrow and I don't want to go to a zero drop. Looking for something with a rock plate and can be used on road or trail. As you can tell I put a lot of miles on my shoes and don't want to switch out shoes every 2-3 months. I tried on the Pure's (not the Grits because they didn't have them) and they said that they are built for 200-300 miles.

Occasional Runner

That's a pretty tall order to fill. A 1500 mile shoe, with a rock plate, that works on trails and road?

Why are you giving up the 101's?

The only thing that would suggest is the NB 1400's. They're a road shoe and don't have a rock plate, but I use them for an all around shoe and love them. I have no idea how many miles I'm getting in any of my shoes these days because I rotate so much.

I've recently decided that I will only buy 3 shoes moving forward...

NB MT 10's....Minimus for training and 50k races

NB 1400's......Daily running shoe for trails and road

NB 1210's......50 and 100 mile race shoe

Messenjah

I wouldn't give up the 101's if it wasn't for the sole actually separating and coming off. I failed to mention that I also have the Cascadia 7's. I would wear these more often but they don't suit me well on the road.

Brian Runner

I ran in the 101's (and still have some laying around that I wear as a work shoe) and then switched to the 110's. But the 110's (which felt great on the feet) just don't hold up to Pennslyvania trails. As an alternative I switched Inov-8 TrailRoc's. The 235's are fantastic (but lack the rock plate). The 245's have the rock plate, and feel similar to the NB 100 series shoes. They look and feel sturdy as far as construction goes, though I did manage to blow a pair of them out in like 300 miles.