Trailer Trash

Mistletoe Mondaily (Read 245 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

Heading out soon for 12 miles on the trails. Another nice, warm morning, so there shouldn't be any ice to worry about on the trail.

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas Eve!

QOTD: Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

Rather than have a big holiday meal today, we'll eat breads, cheeses and those types of foods. I'm not sure where the tradition comes from but I've been doing it all my life.

good morning all!

lace: enjoy your run

missed the dailies all weekend so here it goes ran 18 on the trails at Lake Redman on Sat, did 12 there Sun, and 6 road miles to his morning.

qotd: we go to my pop pop's for dinner. Yummy Italian food...now that I've been vegetarian for the past 8 months I'll only get to eat the meatless lasagna and cannolis. Still good though.

everyone have a great holiday.

Trail Monster

Have a nice 12 lace! That sounds like what we did for my side of the family Saturday. It was nice to just graze and mingle instead of sit down and stuff our faces.

Tmot, nice runs! Enjoy dinner!

An easy 3-4 recovery miles for me today. Then prepping for Christmas dinner at our house for DH's side. I'll get my exercise cleaning and dusting and trying to make space for all the toys that I know are coming.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

runtraildc

good morning-

Will fit in a  short, fast run after work.  4 or 5 miles at most.  but after today, it'll be easier to fit in long workouts for the next week.  Looking forward to it.

Lace- enjoy the run (and relative warmth).

Tmo-- busy weekend.

Banshee- enjoy the cleaning.  and the onslaught of new toys

qotd: packing

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning all

w/ the windchill sitting at -20F, I'll be whimping out and hitting the gym for the stairmaster for an hour (actually after an hour on the stairmaster it doesn't feel like whimping out! Big grin)

qotd: we have a slug of hors d'oeuvres in the evening and then open gifts from family (Santa's gifts are open in the morning Smile)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Merry Chirstmas Everyone.

Did a pretty good 10 miler this morning.  Happened to bump into a friend and ran a few miles together.  Now I really do think my nkle has turned the corner, but I'm still not going further than 10 miles for a whie though.

qotd:  We always have bagels and lox on Christmas eve, a nod to my DW's jewish side of the family I guess.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Ultra Cowboy

We'll skate outta work at around 2 and I'll get in 6 miles of mixed road and trail.

No Eve traditions here except planning who is getting up early to feed which critters.  When we were milking 250 cows I'd get to milk in the morning and feed in the evening, so each of the hired men could have a morning or evening with their family.  Now it is just 5 horses to take care of, and what ever neighbors are out of town...

WYBMADIITY

Save

NorthernHarrier

Greetings folks,

Got in 8 miles last night and then did another 4 this morning. Have to now head out to the in-laws for the whole family dinner/gift thing. Not sure when or how Christmas eve evolved into a day long holiday. But it's not up to me. I'll try not to become too inebriated as I would like to do a good weight, core, and elliptical workout later.

Mtwarden- seeing the picture of your youngster on your back in the other thread reminds me of my daughter years back. She was on snowshoes at age 3 and skiing at age 4. Great fun.

QOTD- well as above-big deal at the in laws every year, hence the need for alcohol.

Have a great holiday folks.

Sandy-2

Now it is just 5 horses to take care of, and what ever neighbors are out of town...

Rocky2 do you do endurance riding as well as trail running?  Between my DD and I we did the double out your way... she rides and I run.  I did WS100 in 2011 and she did Tevis last summer.  We now have buckles that sorta match.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Birdwell

Hello!  Got wrapped with work early today. I'll be heading out for 6-8 miles on the mixed use trails here in a little bit.

QOTD: Christmas eve around here means driving around to see christmas lights, reading Luke 2, and opening one gift from mom and dad tonight. The gift will be pajamas. For as long as I can remember, we would always open up a present Christmas Eve, and it's always pajamas, which you are expected to wear in all Christmas pictures the next day.

Daydreamer1

Rest day today. Did 4.5 miles yesterday and will try to do 6.3 tomorrow, all on the road. Haven't been out on the trails in ages.Sad

QOTD: My family is not really into Christmas, especially since the kiddos got older. We don't really have any Christmas eve or Christmas day traditions. Unfortunately my side of the family doesn't get along very well so we don't get together at all and my wife's family have all moved out of the state so it's difficult to get together with them.

Watoni

Well, probably a ride in the rain near my mom's in Del Mar ... ran just a few hundred yards on the beach racing my younger son and this ankle is still wonky .... arggghhhhh!

QOTD: Traveling to family ... my side has mom's walnut pastry and various cookies (wow ... the walnut filling wrapped in homemade puff pastry with yeast and baked is amazing). It has also been the case that I cook more now to help my mother or mother-in-law out depending on where we are.

Ultra Cowboy

Sandy, I would like to do a ride and tie event sometime this year.  Most of my trail riding is packing in the mountains and recreational trail riding.  Getting my horse legged up has been my biggest obstacle.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Occasional Runner

opening one gift from mom and dad tonight. The gift will be pajamas. For as long as I can remember, we would always open up a present Christmas Eve, and it's always pajamas, which you are expected to wear in all Christmas pictures the next day.

I know other people that do this exact same thing.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Sandy, I would like to do a ride and tie event sometime this year.  Most of my trail riding is packing in the mountains and recreational trail riding.  Getting my horse legged up has been my biggest obstacle.

You need an Arab ! I'd try ride and tie too but I don't have one that would stand tied ( I have Arabs ) . I added my name to the list a few years ago but for every horse there was at least 10 runners . I'm a much better rider than I am a runner and the runner with a horse could pick and choose from the very best runners looking for a horse.