Trailer Trash

Leadville Silver Rush 50 Mile RR (Read 48 times)

Occasional Runner

Here's my RR with a smattering of insight regarding the mental struggles that have plagued me for a couple of months. It's easy to get stuck in that trap, but I think I'm clawing my way out.

Thanks for checking it out.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2014/07/2014-leadville-silver-rush-50-regaining.html

Birdwell

I'm glad you're getting your running mojo back!

Congrats on a solid race.

moonlightrunner

That was an inspiring report. I am glad you rediscovered what is most important. There are many things in our lives that can cause us to lose site. Congratulations.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Watoni

Well done! If I can recover we might even see each other at a run this year ....

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks for sharing Kelly...sometimes when it's no longer fun we need to step back and take a good look at what's going wrong.     9 hours for 50 miles sounds pretty //jacking good to me.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Sounds like you had a great day out there. I am glad to hear you are back on track.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Glad you found your Mojo.  Sometime you just need to "run like no one is watching".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

Great run and report - nice to feel the magic again.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Lace- nice run and glad you're back on track!  Simply running in the mountains is all the fulfillment ones needs Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Kelly, can't agree with you more.  Great report.

I'm kinda contemplating my DNF this weekend at Hardrock, but also thinking I had the best 85 miles in the San Juan's, so it's ok.  I guess I'm learning the same lesson, thanks.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations on a great race!

Very inspiring to follow your thoughts along the process of your healing. Glad you're back with passion and stronger than before.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

I'm thinking about running next year as an unaffiliated athlete so I don't have sponsorship pressure. But it does have it perks...

Thanks for checking out my RR.

Low_O2

Great run Lace! Nice job throwing all the worries aside and just enjoying the day on some beautiful trails. Something we should all do more often I imagine.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thank you Kelly. My last two races have been disappointments and I needed that reminder to enjoy the running and take what the race and course gives me that day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Birdwell

I'm thinking about running next year as an unaffiliated athlete so I don't have sponsorship pressure. But it does have it perks...

Or, you could change your blog approach to a "sunshine, lollipops, rainbows and unicorns" aka "everything is awesome" and "fun is more important than results" and be that guy who gets sponsored.

I bet you could get INKnBURN to sponsor you that way