Trailer Trash

"Crazy" Races (Read 56 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I know we have probably beat this subject to death but here is a list of some "crazy" races as per RW.  http://www.runnersworld.com/photos/our-favorite-crazy-races

...some not crazy...just plain dumb...ut you can be the judge.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

My cousin live in Raleigh and does the Krispy Kreme Challenge every year.  He says donuts are cold and slightly stale and you have to look closely at people to try and judge who is going to barf so you can get out of the way.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My cousin live in Raleigh and does the Krispy Kreme Challenge every year.  He says donuts are cold and slightly stale and you have to look closely at people to try and judge who is going to barf so you can get out of the way.

What if you combined the beer run with the Krispy Kreme run?? Hmmm...

AT-runner

Tim

What if you combined the beer run with the Krispy Kreme run?? Hmmm...

I would do the beer and hot dog run and then run through the mine.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I knew about some of the races, like the wife-carrying event in Finland - fun stuff.

I'd do the burro race, sounds like fun to me. I wonder why they haven't included the run up a ski-jump, which is held in Austria (Red Bull 400m Uphill): http://speedendurance.com/2012/01/17/redbull-400-meters-uphill/

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I knew about some of the races, like the wife-carrying event in Finland - fun stuff.

I'd do the burro race, sounds like fun to me. I wonder why they haven't included the run up a ski-jump, which is held in Austria (Red Bull 400m Uphill): http://speedendurance.com/2012/01/17/redbull-400-meters-uphill/

Oh come one...it's ONLY 400 meters.  How hard can it be? (actually I could feel the lactic acid building just watching them)

Let's combine this event while carrying your spouse, a beer and hot dog (or krispey kreme) in one hand and pulling the burrow with the other hand.  Then it would be a worthwhile race.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'd like to compete in a beer event.  When I was little they had a ski race but you would stop at each gate and slam a beer.  Us kids got rootbeer.  Lace did some night time beer event that sounded fun.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Irish Luck

The Half WIt Half Marathon is held every August in Reading, PA (on Mt. Penn). Like most Pretzel City races, there is an "alternate beverage station" along the course, but with Half WIt, there is a hydration challenge involving Dixie cups of beer. It's around mile 10-11, and comes in handy if you are in need of calories, but there have been plenty of "ringers" that have pulled over to participate in the hydration challenge and become King or Queen of the Half WIts.  It's tons of fun.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

I participate in an annual "Barathon" which is  a 5k race, with one cup of beer (8 oz for women, 12 oz for men) every kilometer. Vomiters are DQ'ed. I've come in 2nd place for women 2 years in a row, only behind a woman who regularly wins marathons and trail races. What a great event.

Irish Luck

I participate in an annual "Barathon" which is  a 5k race, with one cup of beer (8 oz for women, 12 oz for men) every kilometer. Vomiters are DQ'ed. I've come in 2nd place for women 2 years in a row, only behind a woman who regularly wins marathons and trail races. What a great event.

Do tell where this event takes place. Is it in Philly?

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You make me proud cocktails and trails! Big grin

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Do tell where this event takes place. Is it in Philly?

Well now it's held in Lancaster....it's an event my friend puts on.  Very small and very low key. The original event takes place in Colorado, where my friend got the idea from.