Trailer Trash

It's just Fridailies, nothing else. (Read 38 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

I woke up at 2 a.m., stared at the clock until 3, realized I wasn't getting back to sleep and left for a run at 3:15.

Got in 5 miles at the track.

It's going to be a long day.

QOTD: what you favorite, easy "healthy" snack?

I've been substituting my morning work break candy bar with a string cheese or V-8 for the last month or so.

I need some new ideas.

p.s., for those with a significant other, it is valentines day. Hopefully you remembered before right now.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, We got a lot of snow again, and meanwhile I don't even know any more where to run. I might go snowshoeing instead. Birdwell: that's how my early morning runs sometimes come to happen. QOTD: just an apple, simple and good.

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

SRD for me today, this past week was my first consistent running week in a

few. I need a few good 20+ runs before April but this damn snow is screwing

up my plans. Tomorrows forecast reads: "a little snow in the a.m., then snow".

QOTD: Sunflower seeds, I have a bottle in my desk, my car, at home. A little protein and

nice and salty. I have one drawer in my desk at work with clif bars, protein bars, tuna packets,

instant pad thai, crackers, peanut butter.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Valentine's Day.  SRD for me today.  18" total of snow yesterday so now I'm at the office early making sure walkways.and parking lot are safe.

We've been able to run in this weather by following the snowmobile tracks.  After a few have gone through a trail, they pack it down enough for us to use.  Plus it's pretty easy to hear those chain-saws-on-wheels coming from miles away, so we can jump to the side if we have to let them pass.  We also have a few old logging roads that the park service keeps plowed, so that's my other option.  Good luck, Couch and jonfger, finding places to get your run in.

QOTD:  I try not to eat too healthy, but when I do I guess it's a banana.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

I've been getting my workout shoveling snow yesterday and today.  I may or may not get out on snowshoes later.

QOTD: Not sure how healthy they are, but I'll say my home made banana, nut, bran muffins.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

Came to work sick yesterday and had to leave at noon. I had a 102* fever and pretty much purged every drop of fluid from my body before I crashed for about 16 hours. I feel much better today, but I don't see a run happening before Sunday afternoon, still weak.

QOTD: I guess an apple would be my favorite.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Doing a fly by the home with a quick stop of a couple hours. I'll grab my much better half and hope to be heading to the shack by noon to go embrace a real winter. Snowshoe race up there on Sunday.

AT--Did a quick skim of the recent postings and saw that you qualified for the trials in swimming. That is awesome my friend. Awesome. But yeah the '80 Olympics, jeesh!

QOTD--Pretty boring--either a simple banana or a glass of chocolate milk.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  What is this Valentine's Day stuff?  It is Bella's 9th birthday today!  Celebrate properly, people!

Unfortunately I won't have time to give her a real birthday run, but she will get some miles today.

QOTD: Greek yogurt, banana, string cheese, apple with peanut butter, nuts, etc.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening, weekend weather looks pretty promising

qotd: I brought a bag of Costco fruit and nut medley to work for a quick snack, it's been a big hit Smile  a banana probably is my most go to quick snack though

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

sugnim

Happy Valentine's Day, trailheads.  Now go hug some dirt and tell it how much you love it.

2 people went home sick at work yesterday and I ended up having to work some extra hours, so I missed my run yesterday.  Today, I have to  get to go to the DMV to renew my license, and it is Valentine's Day, so I may get to   have to wait until tomorrow to run in this freezing rain.

QOTD:  Fruit.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Happy V-Dday all,

Plan is to run (7 miles) , bike (30 mins), and abs/core (10 mins) before my fiance gets home.  Dinner reservation is for 8 at Morton's Steakhouse, which is usually too rich for our blood, but we decided we would stash some money for it and eat like royalty... we (she) made the reservation during x-mas time...really looking forward to it.

QOTD: Toast with almond butter.  Better bread is better.

**Ask me about streaking**

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am resting today.  Doing the last 20 onthe Western States trail as I plan on pacing or at least crewing Jason this year, I think his screen name use to be Run Junkie.

qotd:  yogart for lasting power but carrots to fight boredom.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

qotd:  carrots to fight boredom.

(Insert tasteless joke here.) 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

(Insert tasteless joke here.) 

baby carrots... 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

Plan on 6 or 7 after work somewhere.

Happy V-day everyone!

QOYD I try to eat bananas or peanut butter and apples, but it's usually somthing not so good.