Trailer Trash

Winter like Wednesday (Read 33 times)

Occasional Runner

Lace:  3:30 are you frigging kiddin me!  When do you go to bed, 8?

I try to be asleep my 10:00. 5 hours of solid sleep is totally sufficient.

LB2

I know there are a few hunters around here and a few that don't like dead animal pictures. But should we start a hunt picture post for people to share that sort of thing? Not sure if that is acceptable running forum content... Confused

Send a picture to my email:

longbeard2@yahoo.com

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I know there are a few hunters around here and a few that don't like dead animal pictures. But should we start a hunt picture post for people to share that sort of thing? Not sure if that is acceptable running forum content... Confused

On the old forum, we decided it was cool as long as y'all started your own thread and kept it in the thread.  I don't want to open the dailies and see a bunch of dead deer.  I'm a sensitive flower.  Joking  And acceptable forum content is whatever we want to talk about!  There are hunters here and you all can talk about hunting if it floats your boat.

Running is dumb.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

2.5 this AM with the dog.  NIce and quick (for me anyway) at 10.09 pace, including dog stops.

2 more to go.

QOTD:  I sacrifice morning sleep, alarm is set for 4:15 some mornings, especially for MLR Tuesday.  Slept in today until 6:00, since it was only a warm up/taper run.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

DigDug2

6.8 this a.m. on rail trail/real trail.  Getting really dark on the trails in the morning - I must say that hills feel much smaller in the dark.

QOTD:  I don't function well without averaging 6.5-7 hours of sleep, so I try to avoid sacrificing sleep to run.  I also fall asleep when my head hits the pillow so never have the problem of not being able to fall asleep.  Occasionally when I'm travelling and jetlagged I'll go running at times that are ridiculous by local standards.

Daydreamer1

Hoping to get out for something between 4.5 to 6.4 miles. Just depends on which loop I decide to do.

Low O2 - Congrats on scoring on the bull. I have no problem with hunting pictures being posted as long as they are tastefully taken. You could always post them on a separate thread so that those who don't like seeing dead animals wouldn't have to look.

QOTD: I'm more likely to go for a run in the late evening after dark if I don't think I'll be able to sleep anyway. I'm not a morning person so I rarely get up early to run. That's the one thing I hate about race days, having to get up so early.

Years ago I used to get up at 5-6 and go out for a hard bike ride. It always made me feel better but now I just can't seem to get out of bed.

Wandering Wally

Morning all.  Got in 6.2 miles last evening in some wonderful golden autumn sun.  We are having a nice warm stretch.  Planning the same for tonight.

QOTD - Nope.  Never.  If I wake up in the middle of the night, I go take a leak, lay back down and I usually go right back to sleep.  If I can't sleep, I'll read a book for 15 minutes and that usually does the trick.  I need about 7 hours of sleep per night or my work suffers the next day.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Birdwell

dc - I'll be waiting. Don't think my wife is as excited as I am to have so much venison...

It was a nice 6X6, haven't scored him yet but probably close to 300". Not huge, but it was an awesome experience. I wasn't in the mood to be too picky knowing I should be at home dealing with my yard. So I couldn't pass him up when he came in screaming to 20 yards!

start a thread and post it, i wouldn't mind seeing it. I saw a giant bull elk yesterday on my way to work. I was driving fast, so I didn't get the best look, but he could have scratched his hind quarters if he wanted to.

He was up near Navajo Lake, in Southern Utah.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Plan on getting some miles after work today.  I guess you could call this week a taper for this weekends 50k but really I just haven't been running much.  I feel solid in an "injury free" sense, but I'm concerned my legs won't be there with me when it comes time to do the final 8 mile loop.

QOTD: Can't think of a time I've sacrificed sleep for running...the other way around, yes all the time.

**Ask me about streaking**

NorthernHarrier

DFL again I see. Nice.  I guess I just don't manage my time well or it just goes too damn fast some days.  Squeezed in a road bike before dark last night then was up early and did a nice mtn. bike. Weights to end the day. I'll be doing intervals in the morning on our wheel measured trail.

As much as I love hunting and have done it for over 40 years I never really got off looking at pics of dead animals. I have a few myself laying around in files mostly from when I was a kid or some of my dogs doing retrieves with a pheasant but that's more for the dog pic. Not even sure if I could find my pic of my large bear anywhere. But if the Mod says it's OK go for it gentlemen.

QOTD--Yes, it is now confirmed that some of you are real strange. If I have ever woken and not been able to fall back asleep, trust me....running is not on my mind...at all.  Have a beer before bed and not a Bud light.   Now if I ever were to have a problem falling back asleep I think I would just wake my DW up,  I trust you know what I mean. Wink