Trailer Trash

Explosions at Boston Marathon finish area (Read 63 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Watoni

This is just appalling. My friends there are safe (thankfully), but what a tragedy for Boston and for running ...

Occasional Runner

I got a text from Bart Yasso. He usually works the marathon finish lines so he was the first person I thought of. He's ok and the rest of my friends seem to be alright too. It's unbelievable.

AT-runner

Tim

Kelly, are Ron and Helene ok?  I saw some FB pictures from Helene earlier in the day.

One of my friends was was having a bad day and was walking it in.  He was 1/2 block from finish when 1st bomb went off.  His wife was initially at the finish line and she had just moved up to see him earlier to see if he was ok.  2 other running buddies had finished about 1/2 hour before.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

So far everyone I know, including a lot of people from RWOL/RA are okay.  This is so scary.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Kelly, are Ron and Helene ok?  I saw some FB pictures from Helene earlier in the day.

One of my friends was was having a bad day and was walking it in.  He was 1/2 block from finish when 1st bomb went off.  His wife was initially at the finish line and she had just moved up to see him earlier to see if he was ok.  2 other running buddies had finished about 1/2 hour before.

Ron and Helene are ok. Nobody has heard from them directly but their daughter made a post on FB.

KreegSauceRuns

Wow, Kelly has Bart Yasso's digits.

It's ridiculous that the world has come to this.  I'll take my chances with the coyotes, bears, and rattlesnakes in the woods and mountains.  Humans are scary.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

under a rock

It's ridiculous that the world has come to this.  I'll take my chances with the coyotes, bears, and rattlesnakes in the woods and mountains.  Humans are scary.

I had this same thought today.

All my local friends and my RA friends are accounted for and well. My heart  goes out to those not as fortunate as my friends.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Running sunday we thought we saw Mt Lion tracks.  My friend asked if I was scared and I said "No, humans scare me." 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Running sunday we thought we saw Mt Lion tracks.  My friend asked if I was scared and I said "No, humans scare me." 

Too true!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday