Trailer Trash

Mini Monday (Read 30 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's another Monday.  What's on tap today?

Got in a short run last night, hopefully a little longer tonight.  Temps are supposed to be warm.  Yesterday was nice, with a nice breeze.  DS 2 had his end of the season soccer tourney yesterday - three games.  They won 2 and tied one.  The last game was a 1-0 nail biter.  It was fun to watch.  The kids played their hearts out.

QOTD: October mileage.....and have any running plans the rest of the year?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD: 150...wished I have run a bit more but I am feeling ok and I will take it.  Had some back issues which I feared would get worse but seems to have cleared up mostly.

I have a fun run in a couple weeks.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to strength train this morning and a short run (5-ish) this afternoon/evening- supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow, if we do- elk hunting on Wed 

qotd: I had a very good month (by my standards) 175 miles (including what may be a record 51 mile week)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Got in a lot of yard work, plus 5 miles in late afternoon so I did manage to pull my act together and get out.  I'll report on today, tomorrow.  Kiddos are home with a day off from school so we're still trying to figure that out.

qotd:  105.  And the plan for the rest of the year is to keep running at least a little, every day.  I'm seeing improvements on my base,  my speed and my weight, so it's all going well right now (knock on wood).

Occasional Runner

I'm traveling, so I ran some roads and a bike path this morning. Dead flat the entire way, but its good speed work.

QOTD: It came out to 341 for October.

I hope you all have a great day.

XtremeTaper

Good morning.. happy standard time... not!!

Had a pair of 8.5 mile runs this past weekend, one a flat one on the cinder path/rail trail (Schulykill river trail) and the other a normal hilly trail run at Coventry Woods. Both out/back runs. I was able to run the Lady leashless on the rail trail for the most part. Bikers and other trail users were not overly prevalent. I need to get back to running rail trail more and working on turnover. It's sort of boring but I've use it the past for thoe fast workouts. It's a perfect place for it.

Today, I guess a road/trail hybrid run at lunch for about an hour.

QOTD: 196.. had 4 days off in a row early in the month which is unusual for me, else I would have been in the 210-220 range. No races planned, just some running. I might jump into something local like the night trail race up at Mt Penn this month (Ghouls and Fools) or the Dirty Bird 15k at French Creek the Sunday after turkey day.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I got 4 this morning with a little rain. I may get some more after work, but that is unlikely.

QOTD: I missed my mark by 15 miles or so and ended up with about 185.  Close enough for me. I had two weekends in a row that were just total washouts. Plus, I am tapering for a race, so... Fuck it.

LB2

muppy

6.7 miles on the rail trail last night.

QOTD I had 137 for the month,  which is probably  a record since  i've been fighting the injury bug since spring.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

SRD.  Will probably try and run tomorrow.  My hip seems to be doing better since I've been doing more glute work again.  We'll see how the next few weeks go.  I need to try and get back to 3 days a week and see how that feels.

QOTD:  Well, someone has to bring up the caboose.  65 miles for the month, which is my highest in a while.  No running plans for the rest of the year.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

3.7 this am with mutts which is HUGE given the fact it was raining this morning.  Sure like my day light savings so much easier to wake up and get out of bed.  Enjoyed the run.  Gym at lunch upper body.

QOTD:  106.2  goal was 150.

LB2:  So this house put up a fake turkey in the yard.  At first I thought it was to keep out the wild turkeys because they have a lot in their area.  Today there was that fake turkey surrounded by at least 15 live ones.  So is this turkey thing to attract or detract turkeys from coming in their yard.  Also I heard turkeys eat up to 200 ticks a day.  Any truth to that?  If so Northern my want to get some for us property.

Jamie:  Fun run my ass!

runtraildc:  I focused on your weight comment being a woman and said way to go DC... when I should have focused on your

speed progress !  I just set up a weight tracker for the rest of the year.  Maybe I should run more.

Kelly:  Shit man!  I've said it before; what are you running from!

Xtreme:  I disagree... you should try running in the am so as soon as you get home from work you can drink a beer, eat dinner, a little tube with a fire and early to bed to rise early.  Oh and also impressive numbers!!  Your dog must be tired!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Another viewing to go to tonight for a friends father who died last Thursday. Might grab a beer with the friend after the viewing.

Sue - Thought you said you were done with distance stuff and now I see you signed up for a 50k  And women always wonder why men can't figure out what's on their minds.

QOTD:  180's.  Never completely sure of mileage when I'm in the woods, so I should start posting hours instead.I'm around 45 miles per week right now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Been insane at work the last 10 days, so basically nothing for the last week until Sunday where I got a 2:40 ride and 30 minute run in. Passed a couple smoking dope and hiking on a restricted trail ... it was funny to try not to inhale as I ran by Smile

QOTD: 80 miles including my 30k (I owe a report), most since the ankle injury in April.

Running camp this weekend in wine country (with Tropical John, Ann Trason, etc.)

Maybe a NFEC challenge in December but the 50-miler seems out of reach now ....

NHLA

Raining hard so rest day.

qotd  186 miles

AT  It is hard to know trail miles here too. Pisgua trails on web gives mileage. Race director for pisgua trail races gives me distances.

Veni Vidi Vici  two day trail race gives map and route for a 20.5 & 16.5 miles.

Cradle to grave  30k

Yeti or not    12k  25k  & 50k courses.

Not planing any races till foot stops hurting.

NorthernHarrier

Heading home in a few minutes though I really hate to leave. The lake is like glass and there is no one around except for one lone fisherman. In the interesting wildlife sightings question from a day or so ago I just had a majestic bald eagle roosting in the top of a hemlock maybe 50' from my deck. Nice.  Managed a tough 8.5 mile run on the nearby mtn. bike trails. That trail system can work me over whether running or biking. I think next season I'll run most of my up north miles there from now on. The season is really drawing to a close up here and I think my next time up running here I'll probably be wearing micro spikes. Or snowshoes.

QOTD--About 140. I'm always 32-35 per week and even that exceeds what my ortho suggested.  There are 3 trail races worth going to in the state this coming weekend and I have pondered each of them but I'm kinda sick of driving so probably stay home though one is somewhat local.  Possibly a mid December 6 mile trail race over near Kenosha, Wi. otherwise my snowshoe race season starts up here around Jan 1 and there are multiple events in the north every weekend into early March.

Queen--Funny. Guess I should lose the dog and get a turkey on a leash.

Watoni--I find myself taking a long, deep inhale in those situations. Haven't touched the stuff in decades but I do love the smell.

AT & NHLA--I have heard there is this device called a GPS that you can wear on your wrist or maybe even this cell phone thing that can track miles if you are real anal about these things. On the other hand it's really not all that important in the bigger picture.   I do remember years ago the first time I checked one of my regular routes. The GPS was a dose of reality. Truth serum.

AT-runner

Tim

AT & NHLA--I have heard there is this device called a GPS that you can wear on your wrist or maybe even this cell phone thing that can track miles if you are real anal about these things. On the other hand it's really not all that important in the bigger picture.   I do remember years ago the first time I checked one of my regular routes. The GPS was a dose of reality. Truth serum.

Haha, I'm old, so new technology scared me.   Plus it sounds WAY cooler to tell a non-runner "I ran for 3 hours" than to tell them the actual distance.

I wear my Garmin only to map out new trail routes. Distance on my trails is usually way off since it tends to straighten out my twisty tree covered trails.  When I was a marathoner, I was anal about distance and would be "that guy" running an extra 1/10 mile to get to whatever distance. I kinda enjoy not being "that guy" anymore and just running for time.

Fellrnr had a comparison years ago about GPS, it was very good and showed how much deviation you get even from the same watch on the same road course.  I got 2.95 miles for our XC course that I had wheel rolled to be exactly 5000 meters (3.1 miles). The course was partly in the woods and had some good curves and Garmin made straight lines through the turns.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!