Trailer Trash

It's Wednesdailies, right? (Read 37 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!    It's Wednesday, the sun is shining, and this weather makes me feel like I've been lifted out of a deep 4 month long depression.

Guess who I'm running with after work today?  Our long lost PrairieRunner.  I will be sure to tell him you all say hi.  Not sure what our plan is, but I'm thinking around 7 miles.

QOTD: What's one thing that you frequently do that adds a little bit of happiness to your day?

Running is dumb.

9 pre dawn miles. Birds seemed extra cheery this morning for some reason, too!

qotd: sit with my coffee, by myself, after my run but before my little ones wake up, and do absolutely nothing for about 10 minutes...(before jumping on the bus and heading downtown for work.)

XtremeTaper

Forecast is nearly 60 degrees today. The snow is melting, but not quite fast enough for my tastes. I am ready for it to be gone. I'll probably do a 5/5 double today. 5 miles on the road at lunch, 5 miles on the trail after work. I'd run longer on the trail but suspect they are going to be a mess so a shorter run should be sufficient.

QOTD: Let the dogs sit on my lap and give them some love. One at a time though. They are not tiny dogs. There is something very calming about it. The Lady sometimes makes these laugh like expressions. Hilarious.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

I am so stiff this morning I'm bending kind of like a tree. Feeling very brittle and ready to snap. Look like I'll be stretching a good bit before heading out for my run. Looks like it's going to be a 6.3 mile loop on the muddy dirt roads around the house.  Then It's off to work from 3-11 this evening.

QOTD:  I'd like to say just lay in bed for a while in the morning in that blissful slumber state. Neither awake nor quite asleep. However, that rarely occurs so I can't list that.

I'd have to go with checking up on the sports news. I like most sports and find it relaxing to follow the happenings.  Since I don't necessarily root for one specific team, other then the local hockey and soccer teams, I don't get too stressed out about  whatever is occurring.  Sometimes it's good for a chuckle. Such as when you watch the Philadelphia Beagles  Ducks trade away all their good players.  Sorry Philly fans.

sugnim

Good morning all.  I had a late night at rehearsal last night and am a little bit of a zombie this morning.  I may take my son for a short run this evening, but I certainly did not run this morning.

QOTD: Using my cat as a pillow--very cozy and peaceful.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Work early today, after having successfully dodged the bullet yesterday of being called in unscheduled. Yes DS had his guitar lesson, so it would have been a bit of a scramble, but essentially it was just that I did not want to scratch my run. 

Planning on checking on the trails later today, for some miles.

QOTD: Reading the German newspaper online in the morning, before everyone wakes up. Even though it's just 5 minutes, 10 if I' m lucky!

Run for fun.

runtraildc

A hot yoga class today.  'hot' was 95*, much like you are doing yoga in India, but  not that crazy bikram hot.   Got a month for xmas so I finally activated this morning for a change in pace.   It was hard, but I feel good now that it is over.   I don't know if I'll run today.

qotd:  walking thru my garden in the morning with a cup of coffee.  And because I saw this yesterday, I know spring is coming (albeit probably 3 weeks late).

Watoni

Day 10 of the shut down ... should get a ride in despite the wet roads and maybe a touch of strength work.

QOTD: Agree with reading the German paper, even if just online. One minor kindness or a little cuddle even when time is tight in the am

NorthernHarrier

Hammered my tempo workout this morning. Amazing what can happen when you have traction!  The way the day is playing out I think I can get a road bike session in too. Yeah, this weather is working real well.

Daydreamer--It is interesting watching Kelly's moves. A little head scratching from my observations. Bradford could work out IF he ever stays healthy. Certainly an upgrade for him going to Philly.

runtrail--REI dividends come out in the next few days. Were you using your card to restock the garage?   I already got a wish list going on their site.

QOTD--I'll go with the dog therapy too. I sure would miss not having that time every day.

LB2

It looks like another no run day unless I can hurry this guy along in the meeting after work. I have had meetings after work every day this week for the town, and we haven't seen the sun in several days here. I don't mind the meetings; I am not happy about the sun's absence.

QOTD: I run. Beyond that, the moments I get to sit in silence for just a few minutes. I get to do that a lot during turkey season, which starts here on March 28th. I can hardly wait.

LB2

runtraildc

runtrail--REI dividends come out in the next few days. Were you using your card to restock the garage?   I already got a wish list going on their site.

Thanks for reminding me!  Though, DH has done a very good job for himself already in this area. 

some call me Tim

CROCUS! Yeah that's my sure sign, too, though if they're here, they're still well buried.

5 mile tempo on the road today. Things are starting to break up finally which'll more or less keep me off the trails for a month or two... with so much clay in the soil it's pretty easy to trash the trails this time of year.

qotd: Play guitar(or banjo) in a far corner of the house after everyone has gone to bed. I often forget how good this is for me, and I'm surprised at the power of it all over again. I swear, songs are spells.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's Wednesday and it's raining...I spent the night last night sleeping in the San Francisco airport...now I am at work and I am dragging.  No run for me!

QOTD:  Walk the dogs before work...puts me in a good mood.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

What do you do Mandy?

QOTD: What's one thing that you frequently do that adds a little bit of happiness to your day?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

No run...on grandma duty. Going to see someone about how to stop being a crazy CO-dependent enabler in hopes of regaining my running mojo.

Qotd: I can't recall anything. In my old life it was my first cup of coffee in the early morning...just thinking good things about the day to come.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k