Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesdailies (Read 31 times)

The pooch and I are back from running 4 miles of trail in a light rain.  I may get out for some mountain biking later depending on how hard it rains.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Gator eye

Who needs to pay for a tough mudder. Mother nature has given me all the mud I want to run in for free.

Me and the dog slogged through 8 miles of mud and slop.

PS: My DW was really impressed with the amount of mud stuck to the dog.

QOTD II - have you ever tried a laser light to speed recovery or help injury?  Does it work?

moonlightrunner

TT: you a d Marley are the most reliable part of my day. Your dedication is inspiring. Glad you two had a nice run.

Gator: what kind of dog? My pointer sheds mud pretty well with her short coat...but still retains that muddy stink!

Possibly a long run at the state park after work.

Qotd: I have never heard of it...doubt my insurance would pay for it.

Happy Trails!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

I headed into the mountains this morning for some rugged miles. My headlamp failed me right at the beginning of the run and I almost turned around to head home, but we had a nice moon so I went out and finished my run. I should make a habit of doing that more often because it was a blast running without a light. It was a bit slower in the technical areas, but I really liked it.

QOTD: Have never even thought about it.

DigDug2

Speed workout on the track today.  Felt good during, feel a little wiped out now.  Good thing I can sit at a desk all day.

QOTD:  never heard of it, but since I definitely err toward the low-tech end of all things running-related, I'm guessing I would not pursue this.

LB2

Probably 7 tonight, maybe only 5, but I will run something come Hell or high water. Three days off is too much for me.

QOTD: No. I have never heard of that.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Morning Trail people.  I walked 4 miles yesterday.  Swelling is way down, no sign of any infection and wound is closing, so I'm pretty happy.  Hope for a run tomorrow.  Amazing how you set up your whole schedule to prepare for a race and a damn nail in the foot screws the whole thing up.

QOTD:  I have 2 laser units that I use in my office.  I've been treating my foot with a Class IV laser to speed up the wound healing.  I've seen inconclusive results with patients, so I'm not totally sold on it (and yes, I tell that to my patients).  Some do great, and others no change.  Insurance does not pay for it (experimental) in our area.  I only recommend it to patients who are really trying to avoid or postpone surgery.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice run yesterday evening, but my heel was very sore afterwards- this morning feels good again, it must be healing (albeit slowly)

I'll ride my bike to work (3.5 miles/each way), definitely gives my quads a good pump Smile  otherwise it'll be a SRD- I have two projects- hang more Gladiator panels (these rock for organizing gear!) in the garage and replace a garbage disposal unit- fun, fun, fun Big grin

qotd: never heard of it for soft tissue injuries, I'll probably wait for the jury to come in before I try it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Going to walk 6 miles with a friend...maybe I'll run later.

Qotd: No

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

6 road miles this morning, nothing fancy.

MT: I'm humbled every time I get on my bike for a ride, it's amazing how out of shape I feel

when I use the same running muscles in a different way.

QOTD: Never heard of it.

Gator eye

Kind of surprises me that more people haven't heard of these, they are used a lot by vets to speed healing.

Moon- I run with a chesapeake bay retriever. His tight curly hair picks up the dirt almost as well as my golden retriever.

QOTD:  Never heard of that.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Kind of surprises me that more people haven't heard of these, they are used a lot by vets to speed healing.

Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a medical andveterinary treatment that uses low-level lasers or light-emitting diodes to alter cellular function. Other names for the therapy include low power laser, soft laser, cold laser, biostimulation laser, therapeutic laser, laser acupuncture.[1]

LLLT is controversial in mainstream medicine with ongoing research to determine whether there is a demonstrable effect. Also disputed are the ideal location of treatment (specifically whether LLLT is more appropriately used over nerves versus joints[2]), dose, wavelength, timing, pulsing and duration.[3] The effects of LLLT appear to be limited to a specified set of wavelengths of laser,[4] and administering LLLT below the dose range does not appear to be effective.[5]

Despite a lack of consensus over its ideal use, specific test and protocols for LLLT suggest it is effective in relieving short-term pain for rheumatoid arthritis,[2] osteoarthritis,[6] acute and chronic neck pain,[7]tendinopathy,[4][8] and possibly chronic joint disorders.[5] The evidence for LLLT being useful in the treatment of low back pain,[9][10] dentistry[11][12] and wound healing is equivocal.[13]

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I should make a habit of doing that more often because it was a blast running without a light. It was a bit slower in the technical areas, but I really liked it.

I like running at night without a light, too. I started to do that last night, but my meeting ran way longer than it should have. It really scares the crap out of people when you run up behind them or meet them on a loop or out and back course without a light. I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I do get a kick out of some of the reactions. I think a lot of people are just plain scared of the dark.

LB2

muppy

Yoga class this morning, few hours of mowing, and ran 3 miles.

QOTD I have never heard of that, the only laser I have is the one I used to tease my sons cat.