Trailer Trash

Turn-It-Around Tuesdaily (Read 34 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good Morning trashers!

Got in a reasonable effort on the spinner last night.  I may just take today off and run tomorrow.

QOTD: Do you have any fears?

I probably should fear spiders because we have so many around our new house...some big ones too...but I do not.  What I do fear is heights...well kinda.  I don't mind heights so much but getting up on a ladder I mind.  If I can get up on the roof from a low entry point, I am fine, but not so much on a tall wobbly ladder.

I am also afraid of failure.  Rationally I know failure if good and helps us grow and learn...but still.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Cut the run short this morning due to a pointing rain and lightning. The puppy was pretty freaked out by it all so we packed it in and went home. Probably for the best because I needed to get to the airport anyway.

QOTD: Heights, but not rooftop stuff, I'm freaked out by steep drops on exposed rock faces. That stuff makes my stomach turn.

moonlightrunner

Hoping for 12-18 tonight after work...in the gross, yucky humidity. Might follow it up with acooling dip in tthe lake.

Qotd: I don't fear spiders or snakes...I am very fearful of sharks and will not swim in the ocean. Fortunately, it is not a problem in Michigan. My other big fear is disappointing other people. I am a people pleaser...which leads to its own subset of associated difficulties.

Qotd2: If I have the financial resources I will be running a very hilly 50k Sept 20. I want to use the stair climber to mimic hills I don't have on my training routes. Any advice on how to do that would be most welcome...or if I should start doing it at all at this late date.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Qotd2: If I have the financial resources I will be running a very hilly 50k Sept 20. I want to use the stair climber to mimic hills I don't have on my training routes. Any advice on how to do that would be most welcome...or if I should start doing it at all at this late date.

Yes.  Do it.  It is very helpful.  Go for 2-4 times per week.  I would suggest either one constant (manageable) 20 minutes and upping the time as you go.  Or you can do intervals (1 min higher intensity 1 min lower).  The intervals really work up a good sweat.  Just don't fall off! I have seen a few people at the gym not use it very well.

Also, you could do a warm-up on a TM, and then hit the strais for the amount of time you expect on the longest climb in the race, and then hit the TM after.  This will help the legs get used to running before and after.  GL.

NorthernHarrier

Slept in a little so just a good effort in the hood. Intervals tomorrow now.

Lost a tree in the backyard yesterday in the storms and my daughter came home from the cabin and said we had a couple down up there. Labor day weekend looks to involve labor now. And my chainsaw is 4 hours away.

QOTD--Just drunk drivers I guess.   I have no desire to hang glide either but I'm not afraid of heights, just don't want to hit the ground at high speed.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Going to attempt a run tonight after my 8 day break.  Crossing my fingers that my joint just needed a little rest.

QOTD: Living a lonely life and eventually dying alone having never done anything I really wanted to do.  How's that? 

Running is dumb.

DigDug2

7 on the roads this morning - good run.

Follow up question re: stepper training - what does "higher intensity" mean on the stepper?  More resistance?  Or less resistance/more turnover?  I generally set the resistance fairly high, which makes me work hard but does not have me "running" on the stepper at a high turnover - I feel like a get a great workout but I'm not sure if I could be doing it differently/better.

QOTD:  I'm going to avoid the deeply personal (unlike Mandy) and go with my fear of injuring my eyes or my adam's apple.  Not sure of the source of those hang ups.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

Yesterday I made the mistake of running at 1:00, in 90* temps, not good. This morning

I got out early for a 6 mile trail loop, much better.

MM: Good luck.

NH: I was hit during a run once, dude wasn't even drunk. But they are out there.

QOTD: I was going to say drowning, but I do think about growing old and having Alzheimers.
                  QOTD: I agree w/ Jamie, I think it'll still help to do hit the stairclimber now, couple times a

week. I've had some success with lunges and squats, but nothing beats the actual climbing

and stairclimber is the best option if you don't have hills nearby. When I lived in MD I would

stop at the Holiday Inn and run up the flights of stairs 5-6 times during my noontime run, that

helped beat the shit outa my glutes, quads and calves.

jonferg67

Endless trails

QOTD:  I'm going to avoid the deeply personal (unlike Mandy) and go with my fear of injuring my eyes or my adam's apple.  Not sure of the source of those hang ups.

Don't worry, Jamies going to analyze all our fears and give us each an individualized treatment plan free of charge.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Don't worry, Jamies going to analyze all our fears and give us each an individualized treatment plan free of charge.

Oh, good.  I'm also afraid of worms for the record.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Leaving work soon, and planning on a fun loop on the trails.

Harrier: And, did the tree hit your oldcanoes,or epic failure in that respect, just labor left?

QOTD: I would claim that I'm fearless, but Jamie (!) identified me as anxious, so I must have some fears. I'll go with fear of failure, and of disappointing others. Or maybe a fear of the unexpected - I always like to plan things out and be prepared (even though I'm not bad at winging ot, and meanwhile I should have faith in that). Oh dang, I'm more messed up than I thought I was. 

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

First time is free...after that I take food for service.

Digdug - my assumption is that the step machine was the kind I used to use - looks like a piece of an escalator.  No option for resistance just speed.

runtraildc

Still haven't decided what is in the plan for today.  Probably a short run before sunset. Not feeling 100% today, so we'll see how this shapes up.

qotd:  Not terribly comfortable with heights, mostly steep ledges with big drop offs, but not many outright fears.  Like Couch, I am a planner but that is my risk management background in practice.  I do worry about close family members getting alzheimers, so maybe that counts as my biggest fear, at least for the moment..

Daydreamer1

At work until 11 pm so no running again today.

QOTD: I'm kind of claustrophobic. It's mostly when I can't get my arms free. If I'm lying in bed and get wrapped in the sheets I get pretty worked up. This past weekend at my wilderness rescue class they demonstrated how to make a rescue burrito to keep someone warm while carrying them out of the wilds. Picture using several plastic tarps, two sleeping bags and getting wrapped up very tightly in that with your arms at your sides.  I have no idea why I left them do that to me but I did . Not a fun 15 minutes.

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning so I'll run a few after work today.

qotd: This.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8RxTGlb-kg

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL