Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 31 times)

The pooch and I had a great six mile trail run. There was a delightful breeze. After all the storms there are lots mushrooms.  I sometimes wish I knew which ones were safe to eat.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike commute into work again for me this morning.  My first B2B commute post-surgery.

QOTD: What is something you want to do, but you're too scared to pull the trigger on?  (For emotional, financial, whatever reasons.)

I desperately want to thru hike the AT, but I've never been backpacking before and quitting my job and leaving my life behind terrifies me.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

wonderful 6 mile run this morning, we got some much needed rain last night and it cooled down to 50 degrees- heavenly!  also tied a pr for this loop! Big grin

qotd: I too would like to do a thru hike; leaning more towards the CDT though.  I've backpacked a lot and think I could do a pretty good job w/ the logistics, but alas I know that taking off three+ months would mean the loss of my job-which I can't afford to give up, it's a pretty sweet gig Smile

God willing, when I pull the pin (plan is to really retire at 62 when I'm first eligible for SS) I'll make it happen.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Rest day from the running thing but have already got in a session of weights, core, and elliptical. Now the salt mines. Mountain biking after work though so I hold out hope. I'll be up early with an intense run planned for early A.M. Couple more days then a week at the cabin. See, there is this hammock hanging in the hemlocks next to the fire pit and overlooking the pier in my avatar next to a lake teeming with Muskies ....Couple more days.

QOTD-now that's a good question. No ready answer, I'll have to mull that one and check in later.  However I am eagerly awaiting Mandy's book on her thru hike as she tells all similar to Strayed's book.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

However I am eagerly awaiting Mandy's book on her thru hike as she tells all similar to Strayed's book.

HA!  Yeah, I think I will pass on hashing out all my emotional issues in my book a la Cheryl Stray.  No heroin either.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

3-4 miles at lunch.  Weather looks great, so hopefully won't look I got out of a swimming pool when I'm done.

FWIW -  "AWOL on The Appalachian Trail" is a a great book about through hiking.  The guy quit his job to hike and now, because he didn't like the guide book, writes the new guide book.

QOTD:  Retire with DW and travel the country in a small RV with 2 bikes on the back.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

I had planned to run hills with a friend after work...but I forgot pants!  I am trying to decide if I should just buy a cheap set at Walmart and stop on the way home for a run or to go ho.e for pants AND the dog...then drive out again. I know what the dog's vote would be.

Qotd: as a start I would like to do an r2r2r at the grand canyon. Right now I don't have the money or the training.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Looking at getting out for 4.5 to 6.5 miles in a few hours. Then it's off to a staff meeting at work. Maybe I'll get myself fired . Our boss doesn't like to be informed of the obvious, that he's an idiot, and several of us are going to butt heads with him at this meeting.

QOTD: Find a different job in a different field. I love working with patients I just hate management and their BS. It's not so much that I'm scared to step out and do it, it's just trying to find something that pays semi well and allows me to have a lifestyle that  allows for a lot of time off for running, biking etc.

Sandy-2

Not sure what I'll do this evening after work.  Either walk, run a bit, or go to the gym with the DW (she swims and I just kind of bounce between the hot tub and cool pool).

qotd: Accept that transfer offer from my company to move to Korea this fall.  (Nevermind, I just said I'd go.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

3 miles of hills this morning that followed 10 miles of hills yesterday. I did some weights, too. Things are going pretty well in the running area, which means they are going pretty well in general.

QOTD: I would like to move out West and run in the high country on a regular basis. I had a chance to move to Colorado when I finished graduate school, but I didn't do it. My wife and her family are very close, and that would never work. So, I'll compromise and get out there to run when I can. I may try to run a western race next year.

LB2

LB2

qotd: Accept that transfer offer from my company to move to Korea this fall.  (Nevermind, I just said I'd go.)

America will miss you, Sandy. When are you moving over there? I admire that. I could never just uproot in leave the states. Hell, I couldn't even leave my state. I did live in Japan for a year; it was different.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

OI had a nice 5.82 this morning with Earl.  Last nights 6 with the running date was, well slow.  She just wasn't into it.  Oh well.

QOTD:  Back pack the AT with Mandy.  You're young Mandy...do it.  Depending on how things go in my life I may just pull the triggger and become a vagabond for a few years.  Hitting some cool towns and getting a whatever job to pay the bills.  Otherwise I only have 3 years of work left.

Sandy2:  Wow...your moving to Korea?  Is the wife going or are you commuting?

LB@:  Sign up for Western States so I can Crewgar you.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

America will miss you, Sandy. When are you moving over there? I admire that. I could never just uproot in leave the states. Hell, I couldn't even leave my state. I did live in Japan for a year; it was different.

wow, Sandy! Congratulations! That sounds exciting is there a Mrs. Sandy or kids making the move too?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I might try and get in a run late tonight in the new neighborhood.  The only thing so far that scares me is the colony of feral kitties running around.

Mandy - to answer your question from yesterday - my groin is not great but not terrible either.  PT said it would be along heal since it was a gradual onset.

Sandy - any good trail running in Korea? If you explore, just be sure to stay on the right side!!

Marie - wish I could help you out at ES but I would be a huge liability out there.  Maybe contact the RDs and see if they have a group of pacers ready to go...maybe even post something on the ES facebook page.  But of course you never know what kind of a pacer you gonna get!

QOTD: A thru-hike of the AT is in my future but I need to wait until the kids are older.  Not sure I could convince DW that taking a few months away is beneficial to our family or marriage.  A R2R2R is probably also in my future but timing and finances need to be right.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Yup, moving over to Korea (Busan) for about 2 or 3 years.  I guess it is not hard to believe that once over there I'll be closer to trails (nice hilly ones) than I currently am here in the sprawl of Houston.  It will also make it quite a bit easier to travel to China and Japan (not to mention within Korea), which as you know I do on occasion.

LB2: we're planning for a mid-October move.

QoN and moonlight: Yes DW is coming with me, but she may follow a few months after I get there.  The DS is already out of the house and the DD is getting there (she started her first "real" post-college job yesterday).

boyjame: a while back I posted some photos of a run in Busan, here's a link.  Yup, lots and lots of trails. https://www.runningahead.com/groups/Trailer_Trash/forum/Post/a605c9d6fc504210a2df00ec6e34b9cd

We'll live in one of these waterfront buildings (sorry I took this photo from a moving car):

This is taken from one of the above buildings, a short run through the buildings/houses will get me to the hills to the right.  There are a ton of trails up there.  If I drive a little bit I can get to a ton more:

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL