Trailer Trash

Is it Tuesday? (Read 36 times)

runtraildc

Where is everyone?  Out running in the heat and humidity?  got in 5 miles last night while it was still 90, but the sun was setting so that made things easier.  It was about 4 miles further than I thought I'd get, so I was happy.  I'll take another stab at it tonight.  Nothing a shower and ice cream won't help with, post-run.

qotd:  nothing

runtraildc: Nice run last night. It is going to be even worse today in our area.

I'll be testing out the ITB tonight for an easy 8 to 10. I've taken the past 5 days off and just stretched like crazy.

Have a great day all.

Daydreamer1

I'm here. I'm just not running. Wanted to get in a short run yesterday and today but that didn't work out at all. We're getting ready t head for San Antonio for DS's graduation from Air Force Basic. I had to change oil in the vehicle yesterday, shoot  a video for my online speech class, and tie up other loose ends. Nothing went right. Found out that the oil pan plug was starting to go bad so had to go get a replacement, Then the oil fill cap broke and wouldn't come off. Rather then break it completely and have plastic in the engine I just filled it up through the oil filter housing. Thank God it was on the top of the engine on not on the bottom. Then I shot a wonderful video but spent three hours trying to upload it to my computer. Shot the 2nd video, that one worked and all of a sudden the first one worked to. I think I said my limit of bad words for the next decade Evil.  Got to bed at 1 am and was too tired to run this morning.

So it looks like my running will be limited to the hotel in San Antonio, some roads around Rosebud Tx, and then what ever I can find in Branson MO. If anyone knows of some easy to hit trails in the Branson area let me know.

Have fun everyone.

sugnim

I had to be at work extra early this morning, so no run for me.  I don't do 90 degree weather very well, so a run after work this evening is out.  The grand total for the day then will be a walk on my lunch break and a dip in the pool this evening.

runtraildc: Let me know if you figure out a way to get the shower & ice cream in mid-run.

Tmotmo44: I hope your IT band feels better.  That pain is no fun.

Daydreamer1:  Congrats to your son on his graduation!

LB2

Got in some good running yesterday evening in the woods.

QOTD: Have you been reaching your goals/milestones for training this year?

I have not been running as much as expected, but I have been running better than expected. I had no real goals for the year outside of just running for fun. I have, however, decided that I want to be able to run hard for three solid hours like I was in late summer last year. Running hard like that feels good to me when I finish. But I was running very strong last summer, and I feel that coming back to me now. Hopefully, I will be able to run some good races in December.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike commute to work today.  It was steamy and muggy.  My ride home probably won't be very much fun.

QOTD:  LOL.  No.  I couldn't be farther from them. This will go down as my worst year ever running wise.  (I hope, at least.  There's really no where to go but up or continue on this non-running path, right?)

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rest for me today.  I was going to run but then thought better of it.  Three days in a row was good but four might be pushing it for me.  My feet are doing better (knock on wood) - not 100% but getting back to a semi normal state.

sugnim - I like the way you think - ice cream and shower mid run.  Actually sounds like a weird race idea.  Start a 10k in super hot humid weather, partway through down an ice cream cone quickly, later in the race get hit with a ice cold shower.  Wonder what that would do to the body's system?

tmotmo - take care of the ITBS. Hope it all works out for you.  You don't have any races coming up do you?

DD - driving to Tx in this heat? Hope your A/C works. Congrats on your son.  I bet you are a proud pappa!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Well, I kind of get a DNF on my run today. Had high hopes for some good road miles but I wilted in the heat and only did 5 miles. Had hoped for 12. But I'm alive and ready to fight another day. I will do some elliptical in front of a fan instead. The forecasted temp for my shack on Saturday is 65F. I'm thinking that sounds pretty nice.

Daydreamer--I love doing projects-maintaining, building, mechanical, etc. and take satisfaction in getting things done. But your paragraph is a perfect illustration that there are no simple projects. Nice job McGiver!

QOTD--Not at all. Can't get it going and when I do I have a minor setback. No big deal though as I enjoy the challenge.

Snowdenrun

No, it's Friday...Snowdenrun's work Friday!

No running yesterday. Something in the 5 mile range today. And tomorrow I'm hoping to get in one last long run before the marathon.

QOTD: In general I didn't really set running goals. I have this race coming up that's been on my mind a bit. But I have reached tons of "newbie milestones" Around new year's my longest run was right at 7 miles. I've come a long way since then.

AT-runner

Tim

I couldn't get out early this morning because I had a dentist appointment for a cleaning.  When I left the temperature was 94 degrees, so I chickened out and ran 6 on the dreadmill.

Thanks for kind words yesterday.  Several of my former XC runners were at the funeral and they are planning a memorial. They plan on putting up a tree near the start of our XC course in her memory.  What a great group of kids.  Smile

QOTD; I pretty much on pace for this time of year.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Chnaiur

Trying something new, and doing my mid-distance run the day after weights instead of the day before. So will do 10-ish on stiff and tired quads and glutes.

QOTD: Depends on how you see it. At the beginning of the year, I wasn't sure my achilleses would allow me to ramp at all. So in that perspective, I'm WAY above expectations. I'm about 20% behind the plan I set in April when I realized that I can start ramping up the base.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No, you got it wrong, traildc and Snowden. It's Monday. Or is it Wednesday? If I remember correctly, my boss at work said something along those lines... Big grin

I was up at 4 a.m., but then remembered that I had had only 3 hours of sleep yet, so I went back to bed. Is that a good excuse, or what? Seems like most of us have a great reason for calling it a rest day today. Maybe I'll go on a run in the evening, if I can still stand upright after a long day on my feet at work, and pool time with the kids in the heat (92F) in the afternoon.

QOTD: No, lagging behind. I was good until the end of April, and May was still ok, but in June, I was really slacking. Trying to catch up now, aiming at keeping my weekly mileage above 60 consistently, but it's hard, with kids, work, and that humid heat. And my wonky ankle is not helping any, either.

So my running has been very erratic lately, some weeks with great mileage, some weeks in the 20's (I barely dare say it), and no really long run above 20 since May. Life! Evil

Run for fun.

I guess I am technically resting today, but I have a frisbee game later in the 95 degree heat so I don't count it as rest. Maybe tomorrow I will give my legs a break.

QOTD: In the first half of the year, I met/surpassed my running goals, but am finding it really difficult to keep up through the summer. Seems like I have zero free weekends these days.

DigDug2

6.7 on the road/rail trail/real trail this morning.  Weather actually wasn't bad here (CT) - cool, not too humid.  Heat/humidity later this week is going to suck.

QOTD:  I didn't have very specific goals at the beginning of the year, just to run consistently and race a few times.  I've pretty much done that (and avoided my typical month or more gap where I get sidelined by work/life).

XtremeTaper

I had a very pleasing 8 mile jaunt through the creeks and hills of the HayCreek watershed last night. Big long hills over there. Very nice run though we were teased by a thunderstorm that failed to produce any rain. Temps didn't feel too bad last night. Maybe upper 80's at the most. The clouds and trees hid the sun for the most part. I am tempted to go to the track tonight for some speed or tempo running but likely it will be the trails of Green Lane with the dog.

QOTD: Goals seem to be right on track. I wanted to run a spring 50k (check, SweetH20 50k), the Laurel Highlands Ultra (check), and a fall 50 or 100 miler. I just need to get that one done now. Also wanted to get back in the 2000's for yearly mileage and I am on track there being just under 1,200 for the year right now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.