Trailer Trash

Fine Fridailies (Read 24 times)

Marley and I are loving the cool weather. We had a nice 5 mile run this morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The sugar rush of two donuts this morning is starting to wear off...zzzzzzzz.    Someone poke me in an hour to make sure I'm still alive.

SRD for me today.  Jamie caught that I was "tapering" yesterday.  I may or may not be registered for a 6 hour race tomorrow.  That said, I will not be running for 6 hours.  My plan is to run for 5-6 miles and then walk until I get bored with walking.  A couple of trailers from the old day will be there.  Deana (aka mnkiwi) and Dan (aka METAL/Big Boi/Cupcake.)  It's a 2 mile trail loop.  Should be fun!  I haven't pinned on a race bib in a long time.

QOTD:  Speaking of donuts, I had a chocolate frosted chocolate donut and an apple cider donut for breakfast.  (Carb loading, or something.)  What's your favorite kind of donut?  Or (if we've already done this question before...can't remember) if you could invent your own donut, what would it be?  I would like some kind of pumpkin donut with a cream cheese cream in the middle.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

I had a strong 6 mile trail run with the pup this morning. It's really warm in northern Utah right now. It's almost oppressive, which is odd because I had to wear long sleeves on my morning runs last week.

QOTD: I haven't had a donut in YEARS! I wouldn't even know where to start.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today, and final packing for our trip to Jackson Hole, WY.  We have a few wedding things we need to attend, but the rest of the week DW and I will be hiking, running and exploring.

QOTD:  Apple fritter (If fritters count), otherwise I love Lent because of fasnachts on Fat Tuesday.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Couldn't believe went second alarm rang...slept great last night.  must be the cool air and the great run I had last night.  Will take stuff to work and either run at lunch or after work.

QOTD:  Mandy your pumkin cream cheese sounds great.  I never buy donuts but if someone brings in a box I'll grab the long john with custod in middle or jelly filled.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Sue- If you're familiar with the movie "Van Wilder", you can understand why the thought of easting custard filled donuts turns my stomach.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOTD: I haven't had a donut in YEARS! I wouldn't even know where to start.

What's wrong with you, man?!  You don't need to eat filled donuts.  Cake donuts are my favorite!

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

So I apparently thought it was still Thursday despite the many obvious signs that it is truly Friday.  Travelling a bit for work recently has me all screwed up.  That said, maybe a run later tonight.  We'll see.

Mandy - 6 hours event? Don't give in to the temptation to run more than 5-6 miles (or whatever your Dr. or PT says)

QOTD: I have come to learn lately that the best donut it a fresh one.  DW had been buying a "cheap" box at the grocery store for the kids to have a treat at breakfast.  But they are cheap because they are old.  Nothing like a fresh donut.  My favorite are the ones they make at the Farm Show in Harrisburg, PA every January.  Not sure what they are made of exactly.  I think they advertise them as potato donuts.  Whatever the case they are super good, super fresh and go really well with a fresh milk shake.  Shoot....now I'm hungry!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

My favorite are the ones they make at the Farm Show in Harrisburg, PA every January.  Not sure what they are made of exactly.  I think they advertise them as potato donuts.  Whatever the case they are super good, super fresh and go really well with a fresh milk shake.  Shoot....now I'm hungry!

Those are fasnachts.  They are the PA Dutch variety made with potato and yes, they are tasty.  I have a Monnonite patient that bring them in sometimes and the staff usually eats them before I can get one.  The ones at the Farm Show are particularly good.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Walked acouple miles at work this morning, 10 ft back and forth thousands of times. Did mot get bored, though, I believe something called "time pressure" had something to do with it.

That "shoe" thing on my foot is working its magic, no pain any more. Hey, I feel like going for a run! Wait, maybe I should give it another day or two. 

QOTD: I don't like donuts, I just can't digest fried foods properly. I "enjoy" them for days... but if it has to be, a maple-glazed cinnamon roll topped with loads of pecans is doable.

Enjoy the day, everyone, and good luck for the race, Mandy!

Run for fun.

DigDug2

SRD for me - race tomorrow.

QOTD:  Mmmm . . . donuts . . .  I (and my avatar) love donuts.  Not filled ones so much, but I love glazed, blueberry, apple cider, chocolate covered - basically any excuse to pile sugar onto fried dough.

runtraildc

Got in 3 speedy miles in on the hiker-biker trail.  An out and back, and managed to keep up the pace on the uphill return.  Felt really good.  Maybe I need to stick to short & quick runs?  Or maybe its the weather?

Yumm, donuts.  Cinnamon glazed twists, or chocolate frosted.  Or anything with coconut.  Just not any of those filled donuts.  The thought just turns my stomach and I haven't seen that movie.

good luck to the racers, pacers and volunteers  this weekend!

moonlightrunner

TT: The cool air and smell of fall makes a good run even better.

Lace: I think your weather is due to arrive here Saturday...just when I need it least!

AT: Sounds like an awesome trip! Have a great time.

QON: I hope you get out for a great run. BTW...I don't think I will be able to make it up to TC the weekend of the 27th. We are having a birthday party for my grand babies... turning 1 and the other turning 2. Bummer...it would have been great to meet you.

MM: Have a great time! You are on your way!

Boyjame: fresh and warm donuts...yum!

FTYC:  glad the toe feels better. I hope you moved the chair or find a safe route around it.

DD: Good luck!

After work I have to get all my stuff together for the race tomorrow. I am excited

It may prove a disaster considering my extra long "taper" but this race is fun and I plan to have a blast no matter what the outcome.

QOTD: I love all donuts. But I really want one like Mandy said.

Everyone have a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

I guess kind of a rest day though I did do some core and weights this morning. My intervals of yesterday were the fastest I had turned in a couple years and I basically felt it in my old body all day. Can't wait to do it again next week.  Have a couple good runs planned for up north this weekend. My running has really come around recently, my future looks bright though limited. 

SRD for me today.  Jamie caught that I was "tapering" yesterday.  I may or may not be registered for a 6 hour race tomorrow.  That said, I will not be running for 6 hours.  My plan is to run for 5-6 miles and then walk until I get bored with walking.  A couple of trailers from the old day will be there.  Deana (aka mnkiwi) and Dan (aka METAL/Big Boi/Cupcake.)  It's a 2 mile trail loop.  Should be fun!  I haven't pinned on a race bib in a long time.

I think you are crazy! 6 hours of walking a 2 mile loop and the word fun thrown in??? Really?  Why don't you come over to my place and walk behind my lawn mower. Only takes 2 hours to do my yard. I'll even pin an old bib on you and give you a beer when you are done. 

Watoni

About 5 around the local horse trails before work .... need to ride later

QOTD: Do not really do donuts, but the ones I had on New Year's Eve in Vienna when I lived there years ago were excellent (or I was drunk)