Trailer Trash

Not yet winter wednesday (Read 36 times)

runtraildc

Still warm here, but the cold snap that has already hit the midwest is coming.  Hit the gym yesterday for a low-key workout, including a quick run on the treadmill.  I'll get out for 5 or 6 tonight, during swim practice.  I think the winds will be picking up this afternoon and the temps dropping so I need to move quickly.

Harrier- congrats on the 4 day work week!  The american dream, right?

I hope all of you hit with the snow, cold and ice are doing ok.  Time to get the winter gear out, I guess.

LB2

I'll probably do about 5 tonight. Yesterday I ran 7.5 on the trails, and I hope to have all the soreness worked out of these quads in the next week or so.

QOTD: Do you still have people make silly comments about your running, and does it bother you?

I do have people make comments like "I don't like to drive that far..." or "Was someone chasing you...?" It doesn't really bother me except that I don't know what to say. I usually just ignore it. I don't think they mean anything negative; I think they just don't know what else to say.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Winer is here sadly, -5 at the moment w/ a balmy high of 9 degrees forecast- no relief until Monday where we warm into the low 30's; low 30's will feel like a fu...ng heat wave!

Dreadmill this afternoon (5-6 miles), I hate to do it, but it's just too damn cold to run outside

qotd: "you'll ruin your knees" 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

It is cold here. Wind chills to be I. The teens. Balmey compared to Harrier's temps! Had a rely nice 7 miler with my run buddy. It was cold, misty and dreary. But...3 miles I. I burst out with "Isn't it a beautiful day?". Lol...I swear running g is better than any drug. It changes perception for the better! The run felt awesomewwhile the light held. Not as nice in darkness..but  such is life!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Yeah, it is a chilly stretch we are in right now. pretty much highs in the upper 20's over the next week and I think the average highs are supposed to be upper 40's. But I'm ok with it. I think up until now we have had a great fall and this ain't bad.  I had been wearing shorts every day at work until yesterday which was nice.

Ran a rather sluggish 10k loop this morning, still a good run but sure was an effort. I'll try for some intervals tomorrow.

runtrail-thanks!  Yes it is the American dream, the one right after you win the lottery and never have to actually work at all. 

QOTD--I guess I hear that stuff from time to time. Usually its all in fun or peeps just trying to converse even awkwardly. So no it doesn't bother me.

Occasional Runner

Super windy this morning, but not as cold as other places. I would rather deal with extreme cold than extreme wind.

7 with the pup on trails. It wasn't very fun.

QOTD: I'm at a place in my life where I overtly refuse to discuss running socially with anybody that doesn't run ultras. I simply got tired of the stupid comments and questions because they'll never understand. The people I work with know that I run long races and they'll bring it up, but I instantly change the subject. On a few occasions, I've walked by work stations in our office and seen my blog up on a computer, so I know they're super curious and follow what I do.

Marley and I had a nice 5 mile trail run in the fog, which has now burned off.

QOTD: Not often.  I don't talk to folks about my running that much and It seems that with me reaching grouchy old goat status the stupid comments are more likely to be left unsaid.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning Everyone,

ready to head out for a long run. Gotta enjoy that day off work!!

Winter is still avoiding my area, it probably knows that it isn't going to be welcome yet, LOL. But the wind is howling around the house, and it won't be much better up on the mountain. Maybe I'll stay on the fire roads today, it might be a bad idea to run in the middle of the forest when it's that windy.

traildc: Sounds like a nice plan, and makes me want to join a gym again, too!

LB2: The quads-fix attempt might turn out to be a never-ending endeavor... at least that's what it usually happens with my quads when I try to get them to propel me up faster on the hills

warden: Maybe break out the winter gear now?

moonlight: Sometimes I really feel it's a beautiful day when it's that dreary and drizzle - usually post-run!

Harrier: Give yourself some slack, a few days won't hurt you.

Kelly: When I look at your puppy, I guess it's pretty sleek in windy weather. Probably made sure you weren't getting blown away, taking good care of you. 

TT: Sounds nice. Sunshine now?

QOTD: People at work just keep saying I'm "crazy", which does annoy me, if only for a short while. Generally, they are great co-workers.

What bothers me more are two things: 1) DH constantly bragging to everyone, including complete strangers, about my running, and 2) certain people from the running club scuffing at my long distances.

Ad 1): Nothing I can do about it (I have tried, yet to no success), except perhaps getting a new husband (which is neither in my plans for the future, nor in my budget

Ad 2): I just check them off as "marathoners" (which they are, and they are taking it way too seriously, but to each their own - that's what they probably think about me, too

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I had to break out the Patagonia sweater and down jacket today.  Winter is here, at least at the moment.  Crossing my fingers that it warms up again briefly before we settle into the deep freeze.  I'd like to get a few bike rides in before setting up the trainer.  Will someone buy me a winter home down South?

Ummmm, I ran on Sunday and I'll run tomorrow, but I'm taking a few days off here to get the ol' groin settle down.

QOTD:  I desperately try not to talk about running with people who don't run.  That's why we're all right, here?  Cause who else wants to listen to us drone on about 10 mile training runs and root beer flavored GU and the drop of specific shoes?

Running is dumb.

Morning. Went on a nice 8 mile hike yesterday on my day off, bringing my total trail miles up to 29 for the past 5 days. That's a big deal for me these days.

QOTD: I am sick of people calling me "crazy" for running ultras, so when I talk about running with anyone who brings it up, I talk more generally and not necessarily about distance.

dpc3

Catching Sandhill Cranes for the rest of the week so SRD I suppose for me. I'll get after again once work settles down and I can come back up to breathe.

QOTD:  Yes and I just smirk and curse at them internally. To each is own I suppose.

runtraildc

qotd:  Running (trails, road, ultras and 5ks) is pretty popular here, so I don't get many funny/odd/inappropriate comments.  I usually stick to general running topics and most people can relate.  Everyone who knows me, knows I've run since I was a young lass, so I don't get the 'you'll ruin your knees' comments, either.

runtraildc

Catching Sandhill Cranes for the rest of the week so SRD I suppose for me.

I imagine that is quite a workout in itself.

FTYC- I didn't know new husbands were a budgetary item.  Something to think about....

Gator eye

6 miles with Mr Jangles this am. Every year I have to relearn to protect certain area's of the body on the first real cold run of the year. This year was no exception.

QOTD: like others I avoid talking about running to non runners unless I think there is a real interest in running.

AT-runner

Tim

Short lunch run today.  Last day above 45 degrees for a while.

NH - I work 3 days a week (12 hour days), you need a better contract!

Couch - Sound like hubby is proud of your accomplishments.

QOTD:  At 6' tall 190ish pounds I always enjoy the - "Are you still running?" (as in why are you so big if you run all the time).   It's always said with the same disdain like "are you still drinking?" or "are you still smoking?".

As with others, I don't talk about running with non-runners, and I don't  wear race t-shirts out in public anymore because it just starts too many questions.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!