Trailer Trash

Thunder Tuesdaily (Read 25 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Went out early for 10+ and got caught in some quickly passing storms.  I love a good rain, especially when hot and humid, but thunder can be a bit disturbing when you're deep in the woods and can't judge whether it's coming or going.

The "+" is because I decided to run a few hill repeats.  Felt good on the first 2, but died on the last 2.  I'll chalk it up to the humidity.

QOTD:  What's your prime motivation to keep running?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Got in 7.2 trail  miles,  was a muggy 83° with the 78° dewpoint at 8:30 this morning, at least I'm on vacation!

QOTD My motivation to start  running was because I had high cholesterol and the doctor wanted to put me on medicine for it. So my cholesterol still skyhigh and I'm still on medicine. My motivation is usually that it is my relaxing time and  to escape reality for a little while.

runtraildc

Morning all!  A rest day still for me, but the ankle, while still swollen and stiff, is walkable without pain.   Good sign.   I ordered a running brace since we are heading out west in a couple of weeks and I want to run asap.  I know I need to build strength in that ankle for long-term health, but I'm hoping the brace will help in the meantime.

qotd:  Health and sanity.    I'm a much nicer person when I run regularly.  And let me just qualify that 'nice' is relative.

Congrats, Lace on your Vermont finish.  Looking foward to the RR.

Daydreamer1

Had a few showers blow through this morning. Now that's it's dry I'll head back out and get at re-shingling my shed roof. Looks like a long bike ride is in store for later this afternoon. My heel is better today but not yet ready for running. Still trying to figure out what I did to it .

Runtrail - What ankle brace did you order? I have several Mueller braces that are the compression sleeves with straps to crisscross. They work quite well. Also have a lace up one that I forget the name. It's used by a lot of NFL and College football teams. A little bulkier but still fits in a running shoe.

QOTD: Health, fitness, sanity, recreation. I like to feel good and look good. Sitting around make me feel totally shitty. Getting out in nature clears my head.  I pity people who sit inside all day long and never experience the outdoors.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Almost missed work this morning due to misreading my schedule. I woke up in the middle of the night, settled on getting up at 6 and start work at 7:30.  But I had an inkling and decided to check, just to make sure. And sure enough, I was scheduled to start at 5:30. Glad I had checked. I figure it would have been disaster if the coffee shop had not opened at 6!

Getting ready for a run, just waiting for a few rain clouds to pass.

QOTD: 1) I love running. Love the movement, love putting in the effort, love the strain and exhaustion, love that feeling of accomplishment.

2) I feel much better physically and have way less aches and pains when I run regularly. So this keeps me going.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

6 miles with the pups this morning.

Things are really hectic right now. We closed on the sale of our house last night, but haven't made it to closing on our new place yet. The new owners take our house tomorrow evening and we still need to close and be out. We're supposed to fly to Hawaii on Thursday, but looks like I'll scrap that plan so I can take care of this crap. I'll be happy when all of this is over.

QOTD: I have hopes of being competitive from time to time.

LB2

I'll hit it for 10 after work. I ended up with a 6+ mile hike yesterday close to the house. The thunder was back, and I have worked out a training plan that leaves me a good bit of latitude for swapping things around when I need to. So, today's hike will be yesterday's run.

QOTD: I just like to get out in the woods and run. But having an event on the horizon keeps me motivated to run. I do like to push it from time to time, and I can usually scare at least a few people in shorter trail races. I have no fear of going all out in something like a 10 miler to half marathon. I like doing that once in awhile.

LB2

runtraildc

Runtrail - What ankle brace did you order? I have several Mueller braces that are the compression sleeves with straps to crisscross. They work quite well. Also have a lace up one that I forget the name. It's used by a lot of NFL and College football teams. A little bulkier but still fits in a running shoe.

Something that came recommended by another trail runner-- CEP RxOrtho.  We have one of the lace up braces, but it is too bulky for me.  I'm hoping this will work; it seems on the sleeker side of things, but not completely worthless.  Check back in a couple of weeks when I've been able to test it out.  I should have it tomorrow and hope to run this weekend.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

biked to work and will make up my skipped strength training from yesterday- whoops 

qotd: several things motivate me to run, but primarily the need to get out in the hills/mountains- it's a very strong pull, one I can't ignore

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The goal is to run after work a little bit...about 5 miles.  Spent the weekend at the beach and had awesome weather.  Did a couple of joggy jogs and walks while I was there.  We walked the beach and picked up trash which was just as much fun as looking for beach glass but more rewarding because it was every where. 

QOTD:  Stay in shape, mentally and physically.  Keep the dogs happy.  A race always helps to keep me on track.  Also what couch said...I love running in the woods...makes me feel so good and strong.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Hello all! Good QOTD. These days I'm just running a couple times a week for fun.  But the good news is, we are in the midst of buying our first home and looks like we're going to close on a house that is right next to Pennypack Park (site of Dirty German races). I am over the moon to be located near green space and trails again. I think it will be great for my overall happiness and sanity. And my dog's too!  

QOTD: see above. I run to stay sane, otherwise I tend to get anxious and sad. Also, for fitness.

DigDug2

7 this morning - warm and humid, looks like things are going to cool down in the northeast starting tomorrow.

QOTD:  I'm motivated to keep running because I get a lot of satisfaction from being a runner.  I don't always feel like running when my alarm goes off (although I sometimes do), I don't always enjoy running while I'm doing it (although I often do), and I don't always feel physically or mentally better after running (although I usually do).  But I think what keeps me going is that I find it very satisfying to be able to push myself, be disciplined, set goals and chase them, and be strong and fast.  I'm a better version of myself when I'm running than when I'm not.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Now that were 7 miles of pure misery. 

It was very hot, and my legs were dead. Very exhausting and frustrating. But, I hung on and finished.

Right after, showers hit, and I'm glad I got my miles in!

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

7 miles on the home trails -  5 at tempo, and my watch cruelly told me I was dogging it at 8 minute pace... lots of issues with the tomtom thus far, though I'll leave it a little longer before making a verdict

qotd: as mentioned many times above, sanity. seriously. my personal life has been imploding for three years now. I'm not sure I'd still be alive if I couldn't run.

Sandy-2

I plan to leave a little early from work and run up the mountain today.  Then a quick shower and have to meet some colleagues for a business dinner at a really good steakhouse around the corner from where I live.  Gonna be great !!!

qotd:  Like others have said, mainly for health and sanity.  I really like being in some sembalance of good health.  Also having an race on the horizon helps.  Most of all getting out in the woods is key.

tbd.