Trailer Trash

Cool Temp Tuesdaily (Read 36 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

t's cold in Philly today. It was 37 when I started my run. They're saying they may get record low temps today.

I ran 8 miles on a route that I used to train on in Philly. It's amusing to think back to those early running days and to see the hills that I used to have to walk up. It's a fun way to measure progress.

QOTD: Any big vacation plans for the summer?

Jo and I will go to South Africa in a couple of weeks, then we'll make a couple of trips to Leadville, but I think that's about it for us.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

28 degrees in Central PA, and frost. My poor flowers, I hope they'll brave the frost. Winter seems to be the new spring now.

Hoping to get a run in after kids' errands.

Kelly: Seems you found a way to still have fun running in Philly.

QOTD: No plans here, perhaps a few days at the in-laws in D.C..

Enjoy the day, runners!

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

5 miles of fartlek and hill sprints yesterday until my knee felt wonky and I had to walk it home...nothing to worry about yet I don't think.  Today I'm looking to get 7 nice and easy miles...might need to use the tights (decision also influenced by laundry situation).

QOTD: Nothing big planned for me.  Looking forward to some beach days on the Jersey shore though...actually I haven't been that way since Sandy, so I guess I need to make sure my spots are still there.

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

Had a nice visit with my Dad, brother and his wife, then ended up doing a 10 miler along the California coast in Half Moon Bay on Sunday evening.  Spent Monday in the air so call it a SRD.  Arrived here in Seoul late afternoon on Tuesday and to stay awake went for a jet lag fueled 5 mile run along the Han River.

Now after having had a bite to eat I'm going to conk out, gotta get up early to play golf tomorrow.

G'nite all.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Morning runners,

Feeling much better today after a long day on the couch. Looking to get in 6 miles later tonight.

QOTD: I'm going to Turks and Caicos in July. Never been before, but I hear it's beautiful. Other than that, I have some weekend trips planned to the NJ shore and a couple visits to NY state as well.

SRD for the pooch and me.

QOTD:

1. Car trip out west hitting state high points and national parks, and maybe doing a little mountain biking
              2. Backpack the John Muir Trail
              3. Car trip home with more of the same

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

Well now I get to bitch about how hot it is!  85F today. Angry I am not ready.  Heading out shortly for 13-16 on the, dare I say it, roads. Need to work on my stride, pace, and turnover. Some of it will be bike "trail" so hopefully you won't evict me. Smile

Good mountain biking last night and maybe some more tonight. I have no skill or talent at that but it is fun and I think I'm getting a little stronger.

Queen--Sorry to read about your dog. My sympathys.

QOTD--Solo canoe trip to Ontario in a couple weeks. Then mountain biking in Moab a couple weeks after that. Then just the usual weekends at the cabin.

Morning all!

I did 6 miles worth of hills last night. There is a nice 3 mile loop on a local trail that has two decent sized hills on each end. Ran one mile worth of repeats then took off on the loop to the next hill, did a mile of repeats there and finished with another mile of repeats at the end of the loop. Was the first time I did a hill workout like that. It was a lot more fun than just hill repeats for x number of times.

Have 8 planned for tonight after work. Hopefully it warms up a bit.

Daydreamer1

Just got back from having my x-rays on my foot.  Results should be in by this afternoon. I was going to do 1000 steps with DS today but I think I'll hold off until Thursday. By that time I should have a better idea if I'm just dealing with the residual from twisting the ankle or If I had done more damage then I had thought. 1000 steps is a place where there was apparently a mine at the top of a mountain. The miners cut steps into the mountain to make it easier to walk up. It's supposed to be a terrific workout. Should be good for killing the quads on the down hill. I hope to get out on the bike later this afternoon.

This cold weather sucks. It's colder here in PA then at my wife's sister's place in central Michigan.

QOTD: Late July I hope to be in San Antonio Tx for DS graduation from Air Force Basic Training. My wife has family in the Waco area so we will stay there for a few days then stop in at Branson Mo. on the way home. We are also hoping to get back to Central MI sometime in Sept.

Brian Runner

Sleet yesterday in Northeast Pa, and frost this morning. Heading out for a couple hours this afternoon.

jonferg67

Endless trails

5 miles on the road this morning, first time I've run (ran, runned, ranned) on

roads in months. Felt kinda weird at first to be around people and cars. I also

noticed my pace per mile was significantly faster, funny how that works when

rocks, roots, twists, turns and hills aren't involved.

QOTD: Whats this vacation thing you speak of.

Ultra Cowboy

If I can leave early enough I'm hoping to get 4 easy miles in Fresno before dark.  Maybe I'll just stop in Berkley and run in Tilden park on my way..

This summer I'm doing a 5 day trip in the Wind River range.  35 miles or so. planning on Fishing and bagging a peak on lay-over days.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Brian Runner

Made it out for some climbing this morning. 750ft of gain in .80 miles (I did the powerline twice.) Will do something longer and slightly flatter this afternoon.

AT-runner

Tim

20 miler on mix of fire roads and AT.  As I was about 3 miles from the end (and the only parking area), I passed 2 guys on mt. bikes pedaling up a big hill.  Not an unusual sight, but both were wearing jeans and flannel jackets and had back packs.  I said good morning, and didn't even get a stare from either.  It was clear that they were not happy to see me when the second guy turned his face away from me as he passed.  It was so strange that I stopped by the Ranger Station to tell them what I saw.  Looked like they were up to no good, and there has been some reported meth activity in the region but none yet on local trails.  The Ranger was very interested and was heading out to look at vehicles.

QOTD: Mrytle Beach at the end of July.  DS is planning on moving to Portland, OR in the fall (oldest DD is already there).  I'm hoping to drive out with him and see the sights along the northern states and then fly home.

(edit) Queen, sorry to hear about your dog.  Sounds like it was a long happy life.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

No doubt AT. you've been around and understand when that little voice is saying something. I said it on here many times that there is no wildlife out there I'm overly concerned with but there sure our some questionable people to be leery of.

So 13 miles in the urban setting. During the winter I do this out of necessity but here I was on a warm spring day. Kind of questionable too. So much noise. I will say though that there was a totally different kind of ...ahem... scenery at times. So that was nice for this crusty old guy. But back to the woods for me.

Rocky-- Are you a fly fisherman?  I have tried doing the fly rod thing but I was raised a spin fisherman so I have a couple light breakdown poles I take and usually do well enough with those and a couple Panther Martins. Less hassle for me than screwing around trying to fly cast in the wind. I guess I'm just too impatient.