Trailer Trash

Pine Mountain 40 Mile Trail Run (race report) (Read 155 times)

RunJasonRun

Here's my blog link for those who want to read the full report with photos.

Jason's Pine Mountain 40 Mile Trail Run (Race Report)

Short version:

On December 2, 2012, I completed my third Pine Mountain 40 Mile Trail Run with a finish time of 9:42:44 and improved on my previous course record by almost 20 minutes, placing 85 out of 118 finishers.

I struggled with knee pain during the final ten miles, because of apparent IT band tightness, but I still managed to pull a 40-mile ultramarathon out of my hat less than a month after my first 100-mile race and have some fun in the process.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

LB2

Good job, Jason. Now, go back out on the course and find your neck.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Jason.  For some reason, I always love your "swag" pictures.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

RunJasonRun

Here's the bloody spot on the side of my head from the tree mishap, in case y'all wanted to see.

It's actually worse now, since this photo was taken the morning after the race.  A bit more bruise discoloration.

RunJasonRun

Nice job, Jason.  For some reason, I always love your "swag" pictures.

Thanks!  That's actually my least favorite part of compiling my RRs, because I suck at taking macro photos of medals and such.  I like to give prospective runners of these races an incentive to sign up the following year, though. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

great job!  “It does not have to be fun to be fun.”  love it Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

wonderful report! great job on the race, and nice flesh wound..

Wow, that's a great improvement on a pretty short recovery.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Congrats! Loved the report, also love the slogan. My new mantra for tough runs. Big grin

toyger

Jason, I always enjoy reading your RRs. Congrats on a great race. Looks like a beautiful course.

Jen

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, great job! 40 miles is a tough distance for going through a funk phase and managing to get yourself out of it again. Glad you regained your spirits later in the race!

I hope your knee will heal up soon. Perhaps strengthening exercises where you stretch out your knee from a 90degree bent position (e.g. while sitting on a chair or bench) against a resistance will help in the long term.

Run for fun.

tri10806

Congrats Jason!  One of these years I'm going to run Pine Mtn.

Wandering Wally

Nice job!  It's been so inspirational to me to watch you improve and grow as a runner over these past couple of years.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast