Trailer Trash

Anyone running Moab Red Hot this February? (Read 37 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm thinking about a race sometime in the winter in warmer climes, I've heard a lot of good things about Red Hot.  Anyone planning on running it?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

I could be talked into it but I haven't had any luck at that race. If I don't run it, we'll probably still be there getting involved somehow.

dpc3

It will depend on what Dr. says about recovery etc next week and subsequent visits. Although I am not sure it would be wise to run 18 miles on slick rock. I could be talked into coming up and hanging out at the race to help support folks drinking habits.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I might have my DW convinced we need a vacation to Utah, thought we could swing into Zion and maybe the Grand Canyon- not the perfect time of the year to visit those, but shouldn't be terrible either.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I always wanted to go and my sister-n-law may be in Utah that time of the year...I am actually thinking of coming this year.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my running is buddy is leaving Montana Sad  and headed to New Mexico, he's thinking about doing this one as it's relatively close to him now; I'm still thinking I want to do it- it's good time to get away for bit

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dpc3

my running is buddy is leaving Montana Sad  and headed to New Mexico, he's thinking about doing this one as it's relatively close to him now; I'm still thinking I want to do it- it's good time to get away for bit

Where in NM? I'm in Albuquerque and could show him around or get him hooked up with folks if he would like.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Where in NM? I'm in Albuquerque and could show him around or get him hooked up with folks if he would like.

ABQ as a matter of fact Smile  I'll see if I can get him over here-thanks!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

grantaustin

Hello, everybody.

I'd love an intro to ABQ running.

I can't wait to get down there and get training. Spending so much time packing that I'll be good and out of shape and ready for punishment.

dpc3

Hello, everybody.

I'd love an intro to ABQ running.

I can't wait to get down there and get training. Spending so much time packing that I'll be good and out of shape and ready for punishment.

When do you arrive? What part of the city will you be settling down in?

grantaustin

We hit town on October 19th.

We are trying for the east side of town. The three places we've lined up to look at (we have a dog, so pretty limited) are at about Wyoming Blvd NE and east and Candelaria Rd NE and north. Obviously trying to get as close to the Sandias as possible.

dpc3

We hit town on October 19th.

We are trying for the east side of town. The three places we've lined up to look at (we have a dog, so pretty limited) are at about Wyoming Blvd NE and east and Candelaria Rd NE and north. Obviously trying to get as close to the Sandias as possible.

We are up around Juan Tabo and Eubank about a mile from Bear Canyon that leads right up into ABQ open space and clear shot to the South Sandia Peak by way of Embudito Canyon. Shoot me an email collinsdp3@gmail.com and we can continue this conversation.