Trailer Trash

Last day of 2012 Mondailies!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Read 209 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yeah! It's almost over.  I am relieved.  Looking for 2013 to be a better year.  Injuries just plain suck and this year has been plagued with them.  I hope to finish the year on a good note though with a nice 90 minute trail run later.

QOTD: Was 2012 a good running year for you or are you looking to "turn the page" and on to better things for 2013?

No and yes!

On another note - for anyone fellow PA runners check out a new group http://www.runningahead.com/groups/PAtrails/ It's not meant to replace any other trail groups but just specific stuff related to PA (and nearby areas)

Have a  great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Heading out to Antelope Island for a long run with friends this morning. It's 12 degrees and we have lots of snow. This should be interesting.

I hope everyone enjoys the last day of 2012 and stays safe while celebrating.

QOTD: 2012 was my best running year so far, but it's only my 2nd full year of running. Like everyone, I had some low points, but I think they were overshadowed by the high points. I'm expecting 2013 to be even better.

Rest day today.

boyjame and lace: have fun on your runs later!

QOTD: Mixed. First half of the year, every race I'd done before brought a PR...except for my goal road HM, where heat and humidity undid some solid training. 2nd half of the year I've been mostly in Finland. No races, not much in the way of trails, but lots of flat pleasant running meant to build up my aerobic base. We'll see if it did when I start racing again in February.

Have a safe and fun New Year's Eve!

sugnim

I'll be doing a 2-mile "prediction run" this evening.  Participants predict their time, and the person who comes closest to their predicted time wins.  No watches, phones, or other gadgets are allowed during the run.

QOTD:  I has been a good year as it was my 1st full year of running, but I am also looking forward to turning the page & having an even better year.

PSA for New Year's Eve:  Please don't drive if you've been drinking.  Run home or call a cab, but don't drive.  Thanks.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

8 miles in the snowstorm yesterday. I fell on an icy patch, and my wrist hurt for a while, but it's all good again today. Planning on a short run later, and on cheering on my running buddy and Sandy at the First Night Resolution Run 5k this evening.

Jamie: Have a great run!

lace_up: Antelope Island seems to be a great place for running. Have fun!

majope: Enjoy the rest!

sugnim: Sounds like a fun run. What's your predicted time?

QOTD: Despite several health issues mid-year, it has been a great year. Most total mileage ever, longest runs, faster than I ever imagined. I'm happy with it, and I hope 2013 will be just as good.

Have a fun new year's eve, everyone!

Run for fun.

The pooch and I had a nice 6 mile trail run.  There was a spectacular sunrise and the mud was frozen.

QOTD: It was a good year despite some time off from a concussion and some lung problems resulting from too much altitude too quickly and forest fire smoke didn't help either.  I hope 3013 will be even better and expect that will be the case since I just retired from full time work.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

sugnim

sugnim: Sounds like a fun run. What's your predicted time?

I haven't decided yet.  I have a 10K race tomorrow, so I know I don't want to go all out and race fast tonight.  Tonight, I'm just aiming for steady.

Trail Monster

5k at 3PM today. I PR'ed at this race last year so I'd like to do it again. However this year it will be 32 degrees and 20 MPH winds. Oh well.

QOTD: I think it was a good year. I didn't reach all my goals but I made some unexpected improvements at the same time. It gives me a lot of hope for 2013 running.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Had thought about getting in an easy 3-4 miler today but think I'll take another rest day instead.  (Will have a good day running tomorrow, hopefully on the trails).

qotd: the year started off with a low point (DNF at Rocky Raccoon), but I learned so much from that experience that the rest of my year was great.  I'm hoping 2013 will be even better, starting with getting that RR buckle!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training today (had a great 12 mile run in the snow yesterday!)

qotd: 12 was my first full year of running and while it started a little rough (couple of sprained ankles, strained achilles, a variety of other maladies) it was a great year overall- ran 34 miles of the R2R2R (made it to Roaring Springs and back), ran my first race (Bridger Ridge Run) and logged 1500 miles of trails

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

nc tam

Rest day probably for me.

qotd:  2012 was not ideal.  Illness in Jan cost me a couple of months.  Then I ramped my mileage up too quickly and injured my hip.  After prolonged rest I've been sloooowly increasing mileage since early summer with good results.  Looking forward to a better year.  I've been hand washing and using the sanitizer stuff like crazy to avoid a repeat of last year (virus followed by pneumonia, yuck)!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'll be doing a 2-mile "prediction run" this evening.  Participants predict their time, and the person who comes closest to their predicted time wins.  No watches, phones, or other gadgets are allowed during the run.

I've always wanted to do one of those!  The only thing I am good at is pacing.

EDRW, I hope you are basking in your awesomeness from your 50M training run Smile

QOTD: 2012 had a couple of super high highs for me. (First 50 miler; first 100K.)  But overall it was mostly pretty shitty.  I'm ready to move on to 2013.

Running is dumb.

Running club 5k later today, get to toe the line with 50 state marathoner's, world and national championship record holder in ultras, marathoner winners and others I get right up with them and then drop back as the gun goes off;0) but we do enjoy chili together after, if they leave me any! Think they eat as fast as they run.

QOTD: was a good year did to much missed the Air Force Marathon, a 50 mile road run in Door County due to being laid up, enjoyed running with My TeamTriumph WI pushing a race chair with a special needs child and watching MM ZOOM off, but she did give me a hug!!!!!!

Birdwell

morning all! Going to take advantage of an afternoon off work, and do some snow covered hill work.

QOTD: I failed at every major running related thing I wanted to accomplish this year. It was awesome. I think I set myself up for failure by not having realistic expectations. I did not even start running regularly until April. It was an excellent year all things considered though. I am at my lowest  weight since the year 2000. 2013 will be a redemptive year for me. I will make peace with the Grand Canyon by finishing the R2R2R, I will finish my first ultra (Moabs red hot 55k), l will run the Trans Zion, and I will take more time to look around and enjoy myself.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a great 90 minute snowy trail run.  Felt incredible.  I could stay out there forever.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday