Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 35 times)

Marley and I got out stupid early and ran the first mile or two in the dark.  We got rained on about half of the time on the 6 mile trail run.  I don't mind the rain. but the spider webs and biting flies were kind of annoying.  Still a good run though.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning! No run or bike for me today.  I ran yesterday morning and biked last night.  I feel ok today but do not want to over do it.  I am optimistic.

QOTD: As a kid, what was your fav TV show? Or if you did not watch much TV, what was your fav book?

I loved the "A" team.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Optimism is good, Jamie! 

I ran last night, so no running for me today.  Oddly enough, I ran faster than I normally would pre-injury.  Maybe this is a new running life for me.

QOTD: Cartoons, mostly.  I also read a lot as a kid.  I must have read the Little House on the Prairie series a dozen times.

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

I had a nice 5 miler on the road this morning, muggy and humid, but damn nice to

get out there.

boyjame: I'm optimistic for you too, hope you get into a good routine.

QOTD: I liked Hong Kong Fooey and Grape Ape, and Inch-high private eye. Aside

from cartoons I liked Happy Days, Soap, Three's Company, All in the Family.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I ran last night, so no running for me today.  Oddly enough, I ran faster than I normally would pre-injury.  Maybe this is a new running life for me.

Awesome! That's great, Mandy.

XtremeTaper

Typical 7 mile run on the hilly trails of Coventry Woods last night with the Lady. A bit creaky after Sunday's race but finished up strong (hey it's downhill) so that was good. Raining here today. Will do some sort of run today of course. Road at lunchtime? Reservoir trails after work? I'll figure it out.

QOTD: Brady Bunch or Partridge Family of course. Duh.

Bonus: XT bobblehead poses with horse's ass award.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Birdwell

Good morning folks!

Got in 5.5 late last night. Missed stepping on a rattlesnake by about 2 inches half way through the run.

QOTD: Favorite show - I don't remember.

Book - to many to list. The Chronicles of Prydain series by Lloyd Alexander stand out.

AT-runner

Tim

7 miles in the rain.  Was pretty heavy at times, but still humid so it felt good.

TT - Cobwebs for me as well., bit no flies.

XT - Nice trophy.  I haven't run Half-Whit in a few years.  Used to really love those steps.

Mandy and Jamie - Yay!!!

jonferg - How's the new territory working out?

birdwell - watch out for those snakes.  There is still a pissed off snake looking for Kelly out there.

QOTD:  Baretta and Starsky and Hutch.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

An easy 5 miler with the pup this morning. It felt muggy this morning, almost reminiscent of east coast running.

XT- I also see a couple of Laurel Highlands trophies in the background.

QOTD: I didn't really watch TV when I was a kid. I grew up on a cattle ranch, so we were essentially forced into child labor.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

Mandy and Boyjame - nice to see you both working your way off the injured reserve list!

I swam yesterday and did a hard 50 minute bike effort on the rollers.  Today will probably be a run/bike combo deal.  I will say that I'm really enjoying the swimming, which I didn't think would be the case.  The whole world really goes away when you stick your head in the water!

QOTD: TGIF...Family Matters and Full House, every Friday.  Also, Saved by the Bell on Sundays.

PS - I did a local trail 5k on Sunday and placed 4th OA (1st in AG). Very much a road runner race...I'm glad I didn't have to drink every time I heard someone use the phrase "exposed roots".  Really not much of a technical race at all.  I left the watch at home and just raced the field...21:42 finish time.  A photographer took my info for a shot she took of me and another runner clapping people in, so I might enjoy some local fame .

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

jonferg - How's the new territory working out?

Move date is 8/28, so we're not there yet. I did purchase the Harriman-Bear Mt. State Park

trail maps, joined the NJ-NY Trail Conference and have scoured the interweb for trails in

the area. I'm ready to rock!

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

qotd: I remember watching a lot of cartoons.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Move date is 8/28, so we're not there yet. I did purchase the Harriman-Bear Mt. State Park

trail maps, joined the NJ-NY Trail Conference and have scoured the interweb for trails in

the area. I'm ready to rock!

Check out the North Face races trail maps...that will probably be your 'local' race.

**Ask me about streaking**

QOTD: TV, probably Maverick. or Bonanza.  Books, maybe Ray Bradbury?  My favorite short story of his was "There Will Come Soft Rains".

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

It's raining pretty heavy right now so that might impact how far I go today. I'll probably get in somewhere between 4.5 and 6.3 miles. Depends on which loop I decide to do.

Lace: Don't hate the forced child labor too much. I grew up working on a farm. My Kids aren't stupid and they both are workers but they don't have the critical thinking skills I had at their age. I blame that on the fact that they didn't grow up on a farm/ranch and have to think through problems.

QOTD: We grew up without TV but with lots of books. When I did get to watch a show I preferred Emergency. Any history book was my favorite but I may have Mandy beat for the number of times I read through the Little House books, however I totally hate the show.