Trailer Trash

Report your miles here - Wednesdailies (Read 26 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Zero so far.

Still hoping for an afternoon run, though.

Anyone better luck today?

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not yet.  Not sure if tonight will be a run or trash my legs night at the gym.  I did get in a run last night. It was a bit chilly but I loved it.  A tad under 6 miles.

Marie - when do you find out about MMT? Is it purely a lottery to get in?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Zero so far. Hope to have time for run over lunch.  Otherwise might dreadmill later tonight.  Long run planned for tomorrow am, so hopfully weather warms a bit or my blood gets used to the cold.

QOTD:  Hand protection for a 20 degree run? Light gloves, heavy gloves, mittens?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD: I wear gloves starting at 40 degrees.  I have poor circulation in my fingers so it is a must.  At 20, I wear fairly heavy gloves.  I actually just picked up those gloves/mittens.  I love them and they kept my fingers super warm last night.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Zero so far for me, too.  I've been arguing with myself all morning as my plan is for strength training class at lunch, but my head really wants to go to rock creek and get in 5 or 6 in the sunshine.  My plan to cut back on miles and work on strength this month is not off to a great start, but maybe I can get in a little of both?  Life is full of compromises, right?

qotd:  depends on the wind.  if wind chill is not a large factor, I have a pair of stretchy fleece 'running' gloves that are medium weight that I use 25 or colder.  Above that are thin wool or stretchy gloves.  I don't pull out the heavy stuff until it gets to single digits.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Jamie, the MMT is a lottery. The drawing will be January 12th, and then there's the wait list. Chances on the wait list are pretty good - my guess is that people just have made arrangements with other races that are harder to get into, and if they get into these, they withdraw from MMT?

Anyways, last year, I learned just a few weeks before the start that I'd be in the race, so it can be a gamble.

QOTD: At 20 degrees, I wear heavy mittens (Outdoor Research), or my double-layer fleece mittens (thin fleece, but the double layers are wind resistant and surprisingly warm). The heavy mittens are waterproof, so in rain or snow at temperatures around freezing, I already start wearing these instead of the fleece ones.

When it is warm and sunny, I might take off the mittens during the run for a while, even at 20 degrees or less, but I really need them to warm up, or in between on windy or shadowy stretches.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  I can go without gloves until around 25 degrees (without wind). At 20 degrees (tomorrow's run) I'll wear light throw a way gloves. If it's windy I go heavier. My hands start cold and then really warm up. I usually end up without any gloves on but once I finish, I have to put them on.   DW has issues starting at 40 degrees and her fingers are always cold.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

This was going to be my post:  because I did not run again this am.  It's raining outside and soooo hard to get out of bed.  But I see I am not alone with this crowd so far.  When I get home it's raining and dark outside and wine taste so good on cold nights.  But the dogs are starting to get a little crazier so I really really really really need to run them tonight when I get home.  At least I did the gym yesterday and will do it again today.

QOTD:  I have a really nice pair of Nike gloves that are thick when it's really cold 40s.  I need to replace them soon.  Morning runs I usually always put on those cheap gloves that look like children's but stretch to fit adults.  I hate cold anything and I can also just lay them on a rock when I warm up and pick up on the way back.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

6 miles this morning, I wanted 8 but hit the snooze button one to many times.

QOTD. i would wear jersey gloves with mittens over top. I go between wearing mittens and carrying them on most of my runs. I hate cold hands

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a nice run in last night, surprised a half dozen elk in my headlamp (they surprised me too!), in very short order they were crashing down the mountain

Have to work late tonight, but will squeeze in 4 miles around the city park (three laps) where I park my truck. Because it's flat I run faster (not fast ) and usually sores me up pretty good

qotd: for 20 I usually wear a really light fleece mitten, colder a heavier weight mitt, really cold a thin glover liner inside the heavier mitts

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work so no miles today. Wimped out on yesterday's run. Partly due to the cold and partly due to my right calf tightening up. Ended up walking on the TM while I caught up on the few magazines I still get, then put in a hard effort on the bike and elliptical.  Legs feel like they need a day off.

QOTD: Between 50-60 I might wear regular bike gloves, 40-50 full finger bike gloves with tight mesh on back of hand. Between 20-40 I have a pair of windproof, waterproof bike gloves that work well. Under 20 I have a pair of lobster mitts. I like them better than full mittens as they allow for a little more finger dexterity.  I definitely have cold hands. Some years they look like smurf hands whenever the temp drops below 40. This year has been pretty good so far.

XtremeTaper

I took the Lady over to the open space area outside of town and we ran 8 laps/~7 miles on the trails there. Sort of odd footing due to frozen crunchy mud. I wanted to do some tempo laps but conditions were not good for speed so we just did regular pace.

QOTD: Depends. I have a fairly light tech pair that work feel at 20 degrees but sometimes I will double up for a long run.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Wandering Wally

5 dark, cold miles last night. The ice on the lake I run along seems to be getting thicker. Someone actually walked out on it. Yikes! It froze less than a week ago.

QOTD: I have some wool glove liners I found at a military surplus place. They seem to work well for me down into single digits. With a pair of mitten shells over them, they work well down below zero.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

LB2

Easy 5 this morning in the dark.

QOTD: Light gloves.

LB2