Trailer Trash

Cajun Coyote 100 RR...Winning Is Cool (Read 66 times)

Occasional Runner

Here's my race report for my win at Cajun Coyote. It was a surreal experience and I loved every bit of the race.

I want to especially thank Burke for all his help and support. My race wouldn't have been the same without him.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/12/2013-cajun-coyote-100-tale-of-my-first.html

Thanks for checking it out!

Congrats on the win!! Sounds like a great race. Glad you got that 2014 goal out of the way already....

LB2

Great report and great race. I'll probably be available next year if you need a pacer. After Pinhoti, I think I will just hang out for the rest of the year or run the half marathon the following weekend over by the house. I may be a little more difficult next year, though. I don't want my undefeated streak as a 100 mile pacer to end. Congratulations. You earned it.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Very happy for you, Kelly.  None of us are too surprised that you reached one of your 2014 goals a year early.  I'm also happy Betsy didn't hurt her back bending over to hug you.  Enjoy your victory.  Pain is temporary, winning lasts forever.

Glad this guy wasn't at the race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Congratulations !

Sandy-2

Terrific job out there Kelly.  It was fun following a few hours behind you. Also nice to see you out on trail the two times we reversed direction. I can also add that Burke is great crew as well, every time I came to the S/F area he was there to offer help.

Congratulations on the win!!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

Evidence that some people actually read my blog!

Very happy for you, Kelly.  None of us are too surprised that you reached one of your 2014 goals a year early.  I'm also happy Betsy didn't hurt her back bending over to hug you.  Enjoy your victory.  Pain is temporary, winning lasts forever.

Glad this guy wasn't at the race.

Congratulations! Loved the RR, impressive running, too!

runtraildc

Congratulations!  and thanks for the great report.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sweet victory!  You Sir have certainly earned it- the miles you log and the sheer number of races you compete in, are mind boggling.  I'm quite sure that won't be your only 100 victory Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

RabbitChaser

Congratulations, Kelly! I bet it's a great feeling to win a 100 mile race. I bet running that 3rd loop in the opposite direction really was a great distraction. What is your favorite type of course for an ultra, point-to-point, out & back, or loop courses?

Awesome job and thanks for sharing the RR.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You are freaking awesome man, congrats! I love reading your RRs too.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks for sharing your story and congrats.  The race I was in this past weekend had the 50 milers start 2 hours before the 50K.  They joined us around the 20 mark, so when I heard feet come up behind me I knew it was a serious 50 miler and I immediately step off the trail.

Love the pictures of the swamps.  I actually thought of you and Burke when I took the picture of the board over the river as it looked a bit bayou.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Congratulations, Kelly! I bet it's a great feeling to win a 100 mile race. I bet running that 3rd loop in the opposite direction really was a great distraction. What is your favorite type of course for an ultra, point-to-point, out & back, or loop courses?

Awesome job and thanks for sharing the RR.

Thanks so much.

I prefer a loop format, preferably 3-6 loops. I like to scout the trail so I can get to know it. It's course knowledge, and if you know how to use that to your advantage, it can really make a big difference.

Low_O2

Congratulations on the win Kelly!