Trailer Trash

Still too frickin' cold Saturdaily (Read 35 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3 degrees this morning Sad  hitting the mountains for a 19 mile run at 9:00 am, supposed to be a balmy 11 degrees by then!

what's the next running "event" you have coming up (if any)?  we have a local fatass 50k on 1/11- nothing else till then-definitely the off season

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

A chilly 49 here in the Bay Area.  Yeah I know no one wants to hear that.  Heading out at 7:30 for 13 miles or so with DH and running club.

Running events pretty much continue year 'round here.  I'm doing CIM on 12/8.  Probably a running club event on New Years.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Uh oh... now what?

Why we look at North Dakota (Belcourt, Dunseith... ):

... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until noon CST today... 

* wind chill values... as low as 30 below zero.

* Other impacts... frost bite and hypothermia are possible if 
        precautions are not taken. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ thankfully no wind here today!  you're correct, there is always somewhere that has worse weather Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Downright tropical here in comparison--16F though it is pretty breezy. I hope to be more in the woods so I'm going to try to ignore the wind chill factor today. Yesterday I was pretty ambitious in thinking about doing about 15. I don't know now this morning and am thinking more along the lines of about 12. That kind of leads into the QOTD....

QOTD--I have nothing on the agenda hence the no pressure approach. Several things bouncing around the brain mostly along the epic type runs being planned. I'm looking to shoot down to S. Illinois in a few weeks to do an epic run thru the Illinois version of Garden of the Gods on the River to River trail. After that the plan will be an epic run in March either in the Smokies or a loop in Linville gorge in the Carolinas.

Don't need races/events to enjoy my trails. Wink

Sandy-2

It was a windy, rainy 45 deg here this morning.  Did 20 miles.

I think the nice long run in the cooler weather did the trick and blew the impending cold crud outta me.  I never really caught the cold that my co-workers had, it just kinda lingered with me in the pending state for a few days, and now I kinda blew it out before it set in.

qotd: I'm doing the Cajun Coyote 100 mile in Ville Platte, LA on December 7th.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I have a full week off and we are going to stay home...I am pretty excited about that get some chores down and just relaxing (I hope..the DH is a wee bit of a slave driver and does not know how to relax).  First time I have ever had a week off and stayed home.

So I think we are going Mt Biking today but if he changed his mind I will run 6 later.  Have 16 planned for tomorrow.

QOTD:  North Face 50K 12/07/13.  Same day Sandy and Kelly run coyote with LongBeard pacing Kelly.

Warden:  Chilly and freezy here to with wind chill factor I am guessing it will be in the low 50s.  I yard is covered in about a foot of pine needles.  Smile

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

6.6 today: 0.7 with Weston, then 5.9 with HATR around Clayton park.  After the first mile or so they left me far behind.  Legs are still too tired to climb hills at their pace, so I just chugged along enjoying the morning in the woods with a herd of deer.. 42 *F and sunny.

QOTD:  Nothing, but I may sign up for Watchung winter series 50k (1/4), and the Febapple Frozen 50k (2/22).  That would keep my streak alive of an ultra every 7 weeks.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10.5 miles over rolling hills on a paved trail. Temps around 40-41F with mild wind.

QOTD: next race the Clearwater HM in January. It's got to be warmer there than whatever we'll be having here.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sugnim

Good morning all.  It's about 11 degrees outside, but its sunny.  I'm going to run this afternoon when it warms up to the mid 20's, and I'm looking forward to getting some sun.  I'll probably head out for about 8 miles in the hills where there is no shade & soak up as much sunlight as possible--it's been a rare commodity these days.

QOTD:  I don't have any racing plans right now.

Watoni

A chilly 49 here in the Bay Area.  Yeah I know no one wants to hear that.  Heading out at 7:30 for 13 miles or so with DH and running club.

Running events pretty much continue year 'round here.  I'm doing CIM on 12/8.  Probably a running club event on New Years.

49? It was 37 at home when I left for the office this am ... so much work.

I think if I do not run soon I might lose it Wink

muppy

Plan on 5-6 after work, it's about 35* and winds 20-30 mph.

After running im taking my son out for BBQ ribs and wings to celebrate him passing his drivers liscense test, my little boy is growing up!

QOTD I'm planning on the dirty german 50k in May.

Uh oh... now what?

73:12 and back in the house---is 27º out there, camera run (means pause a lot) to catch things.

QOTD:  We might go the the 12-hour in May, maybe not---hope to be on the road.

moonlightrunner

I did my 17 on the hilly (for me) and technical trail. I felt good afterwards...and it made me feel that my Dec 7 marathon (first one) is do-able despite my under trained condition. It wascold....in the low 20's and it snowed during...and the wind was COLD.  I suspect muCH like it will likely be Dec 7. It was a good test about how my five fingers will work for the race. My toes were good for most of my run...but if there is more than a dusting of snow I will have to wear my winter shoes...which are water shoes with thick wool socks.

qotd: Tecumseh Trail Marathon December 7. Nothing else on the docket.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

10.4 miles, which may or may not have been stupid.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow.  A little sore in the groin now.  It's chilly here too.  I headed out in 18 degrees feels like 3.

QOTD: I might run a 5 mile "trail" race in Chicago with a friend in December.  I say "trail" because, well, it's Chicago.

Running is dumb.