Trailer Trash

Terribly Foggy Tuesday (Read 28 times)

LB2

Foggy as a Mo-Fo down here. I'll run 2 hours after work, 1 hour down, 1 hour up.

QOTD: Noting...

LB2

DigDug2

Easy 6 in the mist this morning.  Bit of a gear check, probably looked like a schmuck running with a hydration pack on a morning rail trail run. Confirmed that my reservoir leaks - need to get a new one before this weekend.  Any recommendations for a 1.5/2L reservoir to use in a Salomon pack?

QOTD:  Nothing.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A shade under 5 last night in beautiful conditions.  It was probably around 60* and some windy conditions.  I tried to round a new loop near a trailish thing at a local park.  Unfortunately they have the trail closed.  Oh man!

QOTD: Do you know your family's health history? Anything you have to be concerned about (yourself or your family)?

I dropped my dad off at the hospital early this morning before I headed to work.  He is having a biopsy done on a spot the doctors aren't sure about.  He had some cancer a few years ago and of course they are monitoring him.  I am just not sure what to think about this in regards to myself.  I try not to think about it truthfully.

Have a great day everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will get in 6-ish miles in this evening, we're enjoying a nice Indian Summer this week

btw tomorrow morning early- full eclipse of the moon (5:00 AM MST)

qotd: my paternal grandfather died pretty young (70) of a stroke, but other than that everyone seems to be pretty long lived- hope to carry on the tradition Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Marley and I had a nice cool 5 mile trail run this beautiful Fall morning.

<form>

QOTD: Nothing that causes concern.  My family is full of healthy long lived people.

</form>

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I got kicked out of PT last night.    I told her, "Thanks for everything.  You were awesome, but I really hope I never have to see you again."  For the first time in 2 years, I have NO MORE APPOINTMENTS SCHEDULED FOR ANYTHING!  It's a fucking miracle!

The dog and I will run after work today.  5 miles or so.

QOTD: Thankfully there's not a lot of cancer in my family.  My grandpa died of heart disease, but I like to think I'm doing a good job of combating that.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Hello all.. back from Colorado yesterday. First order of business was to get the gsp out for a run around the lake so we ran 13 mi yesterday afternoon. It seems the affects of high altitude living wore off after about an hour. LOL. As for today, likely our typical 7 mile trail loop at Coventry Woods. Need to be mindful of evening daylight now.

QOTD: Just high blood pressure issues with my mom, dad, sister. My grandfather lived to around 90 years old.

A few photos from my trip. We climbed Mt. Bierstadt, a 14'er.

Mt Bierstadt from below

Bad Hair Day at 14k

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Brian Runner

No fog today, just a beautiful, warm, partly cloudy fall day in Pa. Short run later today on the trails.

Beer Review of the Day: Hop Devil IPA

http://www.briankunkle.com/2014/10/hop-devil-ipa-review.html

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That hair is out of control, XT!    Nice photos!

Running is dumb.

Watoni

Nice photos XT!

I failed yesterday due to work so I am going to try today for a decent run.

QOTD: Adopted so family medical history is obscure. I am focused on the health of my family here (mom fighting breast cancer since 1996)

moonlightrunner

Wooohooo! Just found out I might be able to take two days off from work this week! Too much vaca time in my bank...I might take a drive to another local for a long run. Going out after work tonight.

Qotd: my dad has heart disease. .so I keep an eye on that. He also had precancerous polyps removed from his colon so I have a colonoscopy every 5 years.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Went Phone shopping this morning, yuk. I hate shopping and with the phone plans I think they deliberately make them somewhat confusing.  On a bright note we did do a little mall walking before the store opened.  Now it's time to mow the grass then head out for a 7+ mile run. After that we're planning on stopping by the local high school to see a soccer game.

QOTD: I'm pretty familiar with my family history.  High Cholesterol on my Dad's side. Those genes seem to have followed me as I can't keep my levels down no matter what I do. The good thing is that there is no heart disease in the family even though the Cholesterol runs high. Skin cancer is very prevalent on my mom's side, It's not a matter of if I get it but rather when I get it. I apply copious amounts of  sunscreen because of this. Otherwise everyone lives long healthy lives.

AT-runner

Tim

10 miles with a running buddy (wasn't that a recent question?).  Rocks are getting hard to find with the leaves coming down.  Buddy fell 2 times and was cursing the trails.  I just laughed at him, like any good trail runner would do.

Jamie - good luck with your dad.

QOTD:  Many of my old Irish relatives lived to be in their late 80's to early 90's, but had a few with CV issues.  I have a really low heart rate and BP, so hopefully will take after the old ones.  Mom still kicking, but Dad died in car crash, and I hope to avoid that as well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Good afternoon, folks!  Got in 3 very slow and hilly miles earlier.  This was supposed to be yesterday's run that didn't happen, but I cut it shorter than the planned 5.  Maybe I'll get out for later for a double.

qotd:  It's a mixed bag.  Some cancer, some high blood pressure & cholesterol, emphysema, etc.  However, most of it is associated with lifestyle and diet.  Trying to follow that lesson and live to 95 like my great grandmother.

LB2

QOTD: Both sides are pretty healthy. They generally die of old age.

LB2