Trailer Trash

ToiletingTuesdailies (Read 228 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's Toileting  Tuesday becuase my almost 3 yr old DD needs to learn.  Diapers are just too expensive.  On another note, I ran 4.5 miles this morning.  Shouldn't it be colder this time of year? Stupid global warming.

QOTD: pass

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Trail Monster

I agree. My 2.5 year old needs to PT too. And we cloth diaper so we save a lot!

50 minute tempo for me today. Not looking forward to it but I know I'll be happy once it's done.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

LB2

More rain here. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything to beat this rain. My mileage for January is not where it needs to be. But, the runs I have had have been pretty good. I had a great 20 miler this past Saturday and followed it up with a 3 mile recovery run on Sunday. Yesterday and today are complete washouts. I rolled out of work on time yesterday, odd for the beginning of a semester, to go for a run. The bottom fell out of the sky as I was preparing. So, I watched The Young and the Restless. Sad.

QOTD: Pass.

LB2

I'm splitting my run up a bit to squeeze in some miles after work today. I'll change at work, run 2 miles home, walk the dog, then run another 3-4 miles to my 7:00 volleyball game.

QOTD: Ok, I'll bite. Do you ever run instead of driving/taking public transportation?  

I find that running is usually the easiest/fastest way to get around Philly during rush hour. Sure beats the hell out of taking the bus everywhere.

AT-runner

Tim

12 mile loop, 5.5 on the AT and return on some blue blaze sections

boyjame and Banshee - Good luck with the TT.  Our youngest is 19, so those days are long gone for me.

LB2 - The rain has gotta stop sometime.  Think I might have picked a rainy run over Young and the Restless.  Now if it was Downton Abbey, I would have stayed inside. Smile

TNC - Enjoy the volleyball game.

Answer of the Day: No public transportation in Gettysburg, but I've replaced driving with running several times.  I'll run to my office a few times a month,

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Feeling with you, Jamie. While all my other kids were out of diapers around age 2, my youngest took his time. He actually started himself early on, but he had lots of accidents way past 3 years of age. But, be patient, time will eventually resolve the issue, with consistent training. One thing that helped/helps a lot with my youngest is a "potty watch" which reminds him to use the toilet regularly, so that accidents hardly happen any more. This was the worthiest $10 I had spent on his potty training.

Pretty cold this morning in central PA, a bit further north of Jamie's location, just 25 deg. I had planned on a SRD, but it looks like today the weather will be better than over the next two days, so I might switch and do a few miles later. I got a new book yesterday, which will help me improve skills I need to get back to work, so I'm planning on studying as well. Haven't done this in a long time, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Banshee: I love tempo runs - but only on the road. Scared of tripping and falling on the trails, but sometimes, it has to be, too. Be brave!

LB2: Hard rain also keeps me from running. Hope you'll get some nicer weather soon!

cocktails: Smart plan. Have fun executing it!

AT: Nice run!

QOTD: Not for commuting (then I rather bike because I sweat a lot when running), but unless snow from plowing is piled up on the sides, I often run to the trailhead instead of driving. Adds another 6 miles, and if I have the time, this is a convenient extension of my run, and a great warm-up and cool-down.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning trailers,

we're finally warming up, but w/ it 20-30 mph winds! Sad  I'll try and hit the trails this afternoon for 6-8 miles, if the wind is too bad then it's back to the damn dreadmill for me

qotd: small town, no public transportation and I really hate running on pavement Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Well it's much easier house training a dog. Wink Still all my memories of those times with my daughter are pleasant. Time has a way of doing that.  Tempo/pace work on tap and I actually look forward to it. I would do some form of speed work all the time if I wouldn't break into pieces. Now speed for me these days is open for interpretation. At least I'm working hard Embarrassed.

Longbeard-Yeah, your weather is making the national news. Gotta be tough to deal with but I agree with AT. The Young and the Restless???

QOTD- The only times I can think of are when I've been having service done on a vehicle. Also have used the bike for that.  But I need my car for work so no biking or running for commuting.

sugnim

Good morning everyone!  I'll do an easy 5 miles or so after work this evening.  Apparently I need to increase the number of days that I run, so I'm working on figuring out when to do that & still keep up with things I need to do.

QOTD:  After living in San Francisco for 5 years, I'll do anything to avoid public transportation.  At least once a week I run home from work, but generally I prefer walking or biking for errands or transportation when I am not using the car.  It's kind of funny because my co-workers all feel sorry for me when I walk or bike for my commute.  But I have a mile & a half that mostly consists of a mixed dirt & blacktop path that runs along the river, so I kind of feel sorry for them for missing that in favor of dealing with traffic.

boyjame:  Good luck with your daughter!

Weegee

Thanks for the QOTD, T&C. It's a very appropriate QOTD for me today, and the answer is: Not successfully.  I don't commute, and my work (photography) requires a bunch of gear, so I usually drive, but yesterday there were some errands on the list that could be done on foot, so I…

Ran to the post office, bank, then the drugstore to get the flu shot I've been telling everyone else to get.  Then I ran home only to circle back to the drugstore with the insurance card that had been forgotten the first time and with instructions from my lovely wife to pick up some chicken breasts for dinner.  A quick trip to the store and different route home followed, at which point I turned back out yet again to retrieve the aforementioned insurance card which had been absentmindedly left with the pharmacist on the last trip.

Upon returning home my lovely wife looked me in the eyes and lifted her shirt, asking "What are these?"

"Uh… Boobies.  Er, Breasts," I responded.

"Very good," she said, dropping her drawers and pointing to her legs, "and these?"

"Er… Uh, thighs?"

"Oh, so you DO know the difference."

So no.  I don't successfully commute or run errands on foot.  And Chicken Parmesan is still pretty decent when made with thigh meat.

10 miles of roughly 1.5-mile intervals last night.  RD today.  I don't have SRDs because I don't have a schedule.

NorthernHarrier

Weegee--Awesome!  I would ask to do all the grocery shopping and screw it up on purpose!!

Daydreamer1

Hoping to get in some miles today. I put in over 102 hours at work over the past 7 days so I'm ready for a run, but now I have a lot of errands to run.

Jame - Good luck with the TT. I don't miss those days at all.

Banshee - Cloth diapers? Phew. No thanks, I clean too many messes at work. If I still had a kid in diapers it would be disposable although I do have to agree that It's a lot cheaper and better for the environment. We had used a diaper service when our daughter was young but then they went out of business. Since we didn't have to wash them oursevles it wasn't quite as bad.

LB2 - Rain is a good thing. It grows corn and barley which can be turned into good things!!! Big grin

QOTD: I'd love to run instead of taking my car but it's rarely practical for me. I will occasionally be able to use the bike for some errands. That's the one bad things about living so far away for everything.

Watoni

Hopefully after work, with a flashlight. Was going to ride but seeing frost in the valley floor, I was not going to ride 2000 feet higher when it was 27 degrees ... slipping on black ice on a bike with traffic is not good ...

QOTD: Sometimes I run to school to get my kids, mostly I ride a bike for commuting. I fantasize about living in Marin near the trails, and commuting over Coastal/SCA and running across the Golden Gate Bridge to work (at a new job -- my company is not in SF). Someone I know does this and each time I see it on Strava it kills me.

Ultra Cowboy

Don't remember much from the Potty training days.  Even though the youngest is 6 now.  I guess we never made it a big deal except when we were at Costco and remarked that we don't need diapers _Who HOO!

Ran 10 last night, used the RA android App Handy runner and for the 5th time it was unable to up load the run to RA and Deleted it.  That was disappointing.

But none the less I got the mileage in after work.  Running along the railroad tracks, past the Homeless center, under the freeway, past the Sheraton, along the river on a single track path, around the2 mile long path surrounding the Wetlands twice as the setting sun turned the Western sky beautiful shades of yellow and pink.  Then back the way I came.  34 degrees last night that dropped to 19 according to the news this morning.

QOTD

I will not hesitate to walk back to work from dropping my car off at the tireshop, mechanic or some other locale in town.  I've even run home from work when I needed a 10 mile run and worried I would cut it short if I ran a loop.  I only use Public transportation in Berkley or SF.  Usually that is going to a game.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Sandy-2

Just driving by to say "Hi" to all my trail friends.  Once again really busy at work...  grrr.

Taking another SRD today.  By the way my left ankle (the one that was worse) felt great during/after my marathon.  The right one kind of tweaked at me during, and is now a little funky, but overall not bad at all.  I think I'm back !!!!  (But still taking a SRD to make sure...)

qotd:  I have run places instead of taking the car.  A few times I've "run" down to pick up my old car from the shop...   whoa ????

tbd.