Trailer Trash

Buehler? Buehler? Anybody There Saturdaily? (Read 28 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Trying to figure out how to track couch...but it does not have a choice to choose bib#.

Probably no run again today. I need to babysit and finish the move. Lots of stairs though!

I hope everyone is out having great runs and races.

Good luck and good day to all!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

Moonlight, that sounds like cross training to me!

Will do 5 or so trail miles this afternoon.  Should have got out this morning, was a beautiful 50°, pretty good for the middle of August!

Birdwell

uggg, 2.5 early miles.

my body is not used to morning running. Oh well, I have more time to start making dinner now (beef short ribs with creamy polenta)

Enjoy the day everyone!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am going to get Earl's nails done and do a little joggy jog of 5 on the lunch trail.   Offered to babysit a friend's kid if needed...hoping there won't be a need.

Qotd: when does it get done most, morning or nights? Mornings here..I think it has something to do with age.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

A simply brutal run this morning.  We started at 6:30, it was 80* with 100% humidity and not a breath of a breeze.  It was like running in a steam bath, we just couldn't cool off.  Did 10 miles.  My legs were toast.

At one point we cross a road and there happened to be a car coming and the driver stopped to let us pass, I said "damn, I wanted to stop and walk", the guy I was running with said, "damn, I wanted him to run me over".

I took a nap afterward.

qotd: Mornings.  We are talking about running, right (although the answer's the same either way   )?

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

charlesmoman

Five walking miles this morning. I did sneak in a teeny bit of slow jogging that was not TOO awful.

Just a shade over 30 miles this week. I had to take Thursday off - just too worn out. Maybe next week I will move up to 35 miles of walking. I just make up this schedule as I go. I can't find anyone online who had the exact same extensive injuries I received and is rebuilding for ultras. Even if I did find someone, I will not be like them, so comparing would be kind of useless. Five weeks from today I will be at Cleveland for the North Coast 24-hour ultra.

Birdwell

QOTD: any chance I can get it, day or night.

AT-runner

Tim

8 miles while exploring some new (to me) trails.  Had to cut it short because  had some ITB symptoms.  WTF?  I've never had any ITB symptoms before.  I could run uphill without a problem, but on downhills I had lateral knee pain on the left leg.  Hopefully it's just related to all the furniture I've been moving around getting ready for DS's Oregon move.

QOTD:  We're morning people, unless we've had a lot to drink.  We like to run in the morning also.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Ran 1/14th the distance as Marie will go.  Half road, half paved trail in the hilly river valley.  Humid, but cool.

Now on to a nap, then pie making with all my wild blueberries.

moonlight- go to the runner's list.  Marie/Couch is the first runner listed under'G'

harrier- thanks for the list the other day.  Helped jolt my memory- we had exactly two of everything you listed.  His and hers, you know.

qotd- lately, evenings.  Prefer mornings, if I can get into the routine

moonlightrunner

Qotd: always later in the day...I just can't seem to make myself get up and out of bed

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon folks,

I had a great run this morning on the trails with a bunch of like-minded trail animals. I ran the

TARC (Trail Animal Running Club)'s summer classic 50k/50m. Like I said this past week I

was under trained for this distance, but I wanted to get out there anyway just to have fun. It

was probably the best trail race I've ever done. My goals were simple; 1) get through 2 out

of 3 10ish mile loops, 2) finish 3 loops. It feels like I was re-connecting to what I love about

trail running, so that alone made today a great success. Trails were typical New England terrain;

rocky, rooty, and rocky; with a few little climbs mixed in. The only downside was the course

went past a wasp/hornet nest that caused a bit of havoc. One woman got stung

and had to be medi-vaced out, a friend of mine got stung 4 times and couldn't see and had

hard time breathing. I was attacked by something-when I grabbed it I could feel it's wings, but

I didn't get stung. Other than that I had a great time and great run.

QOTD: I switched to mornings a few years ago and prefer it, even though I'm not a morning person.

moonlightrunner

Sounds like a fun race! Congrats on getting back to fun.