Trailer Trash

Slippery Thursdailies (Read 42 times)

The pooch and I had a nice 7 mile trail run making the first human and canine tracks in some fresh snow.  I think it was a crisp 17 F and really pretty delightful for running.  It was fun to look at all the fresh critter tracks.

QOTD: Any plans for big adventures this year, running related or not.

I am recently retired from full time and working two days a week until the end of June, so it is a good time for me to plan some bigger trips.  I have a bunch of mini adventures (hiking, kayaking, canoeing, and fly fishing among others) planned before then, but plan to hike the John Muir Trail in August and the Allegheny Trail in the Fall.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

Took yesterday off from the running gig and only did a light weight workout and ellipitical session in the cave. Started arranging and packing of food for my backpacking of the Foothills trails in S.C. Still a couple weeks out but I like to be organized.  Adventures are good.

Somewhat fast paced mile repeats the plan today. Probably 9 miles total.

TrailTromper--The JMT is on my life list for when I'm done workin' the salt mines. Are you doing the entire thing or sections? It looks to be a fabulous hike. Enjoy!

QOTD-Like I mentioned above a thru hike of the Foothills trail in Feb.Lounging around like a beached whale in Key West in March, and after that I have a number of things bouncing around in my head but haven't finalized anything. Any running events will be staying within the region of Wi, Mn, Mi. and Ia. and the longest is a trail marathon. No big travel for an event. I'm hoping to get an epic run or two in Mt. or Wy. It's all pretty fluid right now.

TrailTromper: Awesome run in the fresh snow this morning. You and the pooch are braver than I.

Northern: Mile repeats...nice. Good luck with that.

Been MIA for a few weeks. Had vacation and been battling a cold. It is just starting to pass, it has been difficult to run. I did an easy 6 on the treadmill of death. It is in the low teens and that is just crazy talk for me.

Everyone enjoy your runs today.

Birdwell

Morning folks! For the first time in over a month, It's over 40 degrees outside. So naturally, I hit the treadmill at the local rec center for 5 miles. I was on call for work this morning, and I wanted to be closer to my car in case I had to go in.

QOTD: Lot's of desires, but no plans for anything just yet.

edit: the only good thing about the treadmill was the TV above it. Anyone ever seen "Gator Boys" on animal planet? Just dumb enough to pass the time quickly.

AT-runner

Tim

7 miles on lightly snow covered trails.  Like TT, I was the creating the first tracks.

TT: Does your pooch go wit you on all your runs?

NH: Packing a couple of weeks out.  I'm never that organized.

Tmotmo44:  6 miles is about my distance record on a TM.  I don't think I could go any longer due to the boredom.

Birdwell: TM for you too.  Noooo, we might have to change the name of this forum.

QOTD: Nothing too adventurous planned.  Maybe some overnights on the AT.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Good morning, all. Hope you're enduring the cold. I wimped out last night and took my hill workout indoors.

Tonight I will probably head inside too for a 7 miler + strength workout.

QOTD: I might be making a big move to CO, but that's only if the stars align properly. That will be sure to bring some big running adventures too. Otherwise, all my adventures are running related.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wait a moment, what did you do to get back the nice temperatures? Still just 10 deg here, and some wind. I want summer back, please, or at least temps above freezing! But, at least it's sunny, yay!

Planning on a few hill and swamp miles today, and I'm also looking forward to making the first tracks in the snow!

TT: Wonderful morning run with a companion! Your dog is just as brave as you are!

Harrier: Sounds like the excitement of the hiking trip is slowly rising. Have fun repeating the miles later!

Tmo: Glad your cold seems to be over. Dreadmill or cold, not an easy choice!

Birdwell: Sorry you could not take advantage of the milder breeze, but at least you got a run in!

AT: Nice morning run! I always try to imagine the animals scurrying along with me when I see the tracks - mental, I know, but fun!

QOTD: Nothing planned. My family is the big adventure for now.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Run for fun.

under a rock

No running today, a scheduled long walk day. I've also got lots of preparing the house for my MIL to arrive tonight, my dad and his wife tomorrow, and a crowd of 5 yr olds and their parents on Saturday for my son's bday party. I hope I survive unscathed.

QOTD: Sort of an adventure, we are putting our house on the market in March and hope to be able to move to the PNW this year.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Weird morning so I didn't get in anything.  And probably won't later either.  So I will chalk it up to a SRD (S=strange).  Probably better off this way because my feet are a bit sore.

QOTD: nothing "epic" planned but I can only dream and live vicariously through you all.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning!

No fresh tracks in the snow this morning for me, sadly.  But, we're looking to get to 30 degrees today!  I'll get in 6 tonight with the running group.

TT- envious of your pooch.  I'm working on DH to get one of those  running companions.

NH-- enjoy the packing!  I see it as part of the build up to any vacation

Tmo-- welcome 'back'.

birdwell-- my boys love those shows.  I admit to getting sucked in every once in a while.

AT- nice run.

Cocktails-- good luck on the move.  I hope it happens for you.

FTYC- Nice run plans.  Hills and swamps sounds so much better than city roads.

Fraggle-- good luck on your house selling plans and move, too.

qotd:  DH and I are gearing up for a sailing charter next month with friends in the caribbean ( DH kitesurfs).    I'm preparing myself for a lot of days of no running,   Not sure how well this will go  Smile

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

URD day #3 Sad   I do think the bug has taken a turn for the better though-hopefully

qotd:  if I can swing it there is a group that is running the entire length of Joshua Tree NP in March, same group I ran the Grand Canyon with;  I'm still hoping for a trans-Zion early summer as well

as much as races are fun, these "epic" runs w/ friends are even more fun

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

My thermometer says 22 degrees right now, if the wind stays calm I should have a nice run later this afternoon. Planning on an 8 miler.

QOTD: At this point my biggest adventures will be close to home and running related. I'd like to sign up for a 100k if I can get in, if not then I will most likely do a 50 miler.

Scratch my previous post, I'm doing this tonight instead:

Beer Runners

sugnim

It was a nice walk to work this morning once the sleet stopped.  After 2 days of belly problems, it felt nice to be active & outside again.  I'll probably also walk home and then get in a 3 or 4 mile run.

QOTD:  Nothing is planned yet, but we always have some good adventures in the summer.  Camping, hiking, running, biking, and visiting new towns in our state always fill our summer days.

TrailTromper: Making the first human tracks on a snowy trail is always rewarding.

TrailsnCocktails: You will definitely have some good trail adventures if you move to CO!

fraggle:  Have a nice walk today, and good luck with the family visit!

mtwarden:  Feel better soon, man.  Being sick stinks!

Ultra Cowboy

Did last night's 4.5 mile fun run at a fairly fast pace and noticed I felt drained, and my sweat smelled Ammonia-like.  Might need to have a Clif bar stashed in the car for before the next run...

QOTD:

I'm putting together a 5 day thru hike in the Wind River Range.  Planning 3 days on the trail and 2 layover days at mountain lakes.  I will have my Father riding on horseback and leading pack horses for carrying duffel and a little better amenities for camping.

WYBMADIITY

Save