Trailer Trash

Fine Fridailies (Read 36 times)

We had a nice easy 5 mile trail run.  We did a few miles off trail on fairly rough terrain, but at an easy pace.  Marley seemed hesitant to start, but didn't want to head back when I decided to turn around.  It was at about 30 F and beautiful.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Gator eye

Me and Mr. Jangles did a nice and easy 9m in 4 inches of fresh powder, just enough snow to catch the light so even though it was 4 am I needed no headlamp. Running in fresh snow is always so quiet and refreshing.

QOTD; Do you have a group of running friends or are you more of a lone ranger?

In 3 years of running I have never run with another person, even during races I tend to keep to myself.

muppy

Try for 5 after work.

QOTD I'm more of a Lone Ranger type runner.  I think about doing trail runs with the local clubs, but I work weekends when most of them run so it dosnt work out to well.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

Plan is for 6-7 around the hood tonight.  Looking forward to a weekend on the trails!  Not sure where I'll run yet, but it will be excellent I'm sure (considering taking a 2 hr drive north to check out a section of Manitou's Revenge)

QOTD: I'm a lone wolf.

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for me today. Trying to find a road route for tomorrow to test my LR on pavement.

QOTD: I'm a soloist.

Occasional Runner

Stayed out with friends too late last night so I skipped my morning workout. I'm way up on mileage, so its probably a good thing.

QOTD: I never ran with anybody until we moved to Utah and I met the people in our running club. I was reluctant to get involved in group runs but I've come to really enjoy them and I run with those guys every chance I get. My running has greatly improved since we moved here and I think those group runs are a part of the reason.

Chnaiur

I'm doing three and weights today.

QOTD: I always run alone, but I wish it weren't so. There are two things holding back my running: my feet and the fact that I get bored when I spend too much time alone. I will never get to more than 6-7 hours per week if I don't find a running group. It is just hard to figure out the logistics in a  DISK household. (Dual Income Small Kids)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

sugnim

Good morning all.  I got in a fast (well, fast for me) 5.5 miles yesterday after work.  The sun was out, and it felt good to get some light on my skin.  It has been very warm here lately, and while I'm enjoying it, it has me apprehensive about wildfire season this summer.

QOTD:  I do have a group of running friends, but I really prefer to run alone or with my dog.  I don't like the constant chatter, especially on trails.

runtraildc

got in 4 miles on my favorite trail in rock creek this morning. Since it starts and ends with a hill, it got me to thinking about yesterday's qotd.  This loop is probably my measure of trail fitness.

Qotd: mostly solo, but mostly because of scheduling.  I have a running group, as well as some running friends that I'd like to get out with more often.

QOTD:  Almost always with just the pooch.  The exception is when I visit my daughter or she visits here.  in those cases we sometimes run together.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

4 or 5 tonight.

QOTD: I generally run alone because no one else around here runs.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I actually ran this morning! 3 miles.  Doesn't feel horrible but not good either.

QOTD: Loner.  In 2013 I ran more with others than I had the previous 5 years.  Certain people just aren't fun to run with. Some are.  I think a healthy balance is the key.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

I actually ran this morning! 3 miles.  Doesn't feel horrible but not good either. 

Awesome!, to the first part at least.

moonlightrunner

3-7 tonight.

Qotd: a loner. My few running friends are injured. I am too slow for group runs. I would end up running alone anyway. I think I would be a better runner if I ran with others from time to time

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 3 miles on the road in the dark this morning and enjoyed the moonlight.  Only had 1 car pass me, so nice and peaceful.

QOTD:  DW and I run together, but by that it means we are on the same trails at the same time.  I stop at any intersection and when I see her I'll yell out which way I'm going.  It works well for us, since her rule #1 for me is never run back towards her.

I've run with small groups, but I'm off Tuesday and Thursday mornings and get most of my running done then (while most of my friends are working).

If I prefer solo, but will run with women or men, does that make me a bi-curious trail runner?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!