Trailer Trash

Garmin- what to do? (Read 28 times)

runtraildc

Long story short, my garmin forerunner 110 is dying. So, I after trying a few things, I finally contacted Garmin and they've given me several options of replacing this 110.  I'm here because I want your input.

A couple of things to note:  The Forerunner 110 has been a great watch for me; I don't need or want anything fancy.  I'm not an ultra runner so I don't  need a long battery life.  I'm not terribly Type A, so I don't want to track fancy workouts.  In fact, I've never used the heart monitor and have no intention to start.  What I want is a relatively reliable and accurate GPS watch that easily shows my time, distance and pace.   Oh, and I don't want to put out a lot of money.  Less is more.

Here are my options.

1. Keep my current watch and let it slowly die.  Due to a 'bug', it takes upwards of 10 min (or more) to pick up a satellite.  It usually does, but I'm finding this very annoying.
    2. Exchange the watch for a newly refurbished 110.  Cost is $59, and I've done this before when the former 110's battery died.  Based on this, I could expect the new 110 to last maybe a couple of years.  Could be more, could be less.
    3. Upgrade to a brand-new 220 with a discount of $59 (total cost just under $200).  Comes with the usual 1 year warranty.
    4. Get something else (but please note the above caveats).

Thoughts?  What are you using and what do you love/hate?

muppy

I would go with #2, i've always had great customer service from Garmin. I've gotten a replacement 110 from them before and had no problems with it . Unless of course you just want to get the new 220, then I would go that route.

AT-runner

Tim

If it works and you are happy with it then option #2 sounds like the one.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!