Trailer Trash

You're the Grinch Thursdailie (Read 243 times)

runfastandie

I said, "What is it?"

PT said, "PF".

I said, "YOU'RE THE GRINCH" Evil

Good news is, it is belly pf- or that is what she called it. It isn't the tendon type but the muscle type.  I should survive. I will run again. Sudden onset from the race probably from the terrain, avoiding puddles etc then running from mile 12-31 while in pain.

Let's get on with bigger and better things!!!!!!! What is everyone up today?  I love me a good story :-)

QOTD: Do you listen to the doctor's.PT etc advice?

Lace-up- Congrats on the Hammer Nutrition

Andie--Good you at least have a diagnosis. How soon until you're back running?

Here's a story! Can't swear it's good, though.

Once upon a time, I realized I had over 350 miles on my Kinvaras and that was probably the reason the little triangles on the soles were wearing down. I ordered a new pair. I figured it would take a while for them to arrive what with international shipping and all, but as the weeks went on I began to wonder if they had decided to walk the whole way.

This morning, I went to the post office in the grocery store up the street to mail a small package, then went over to the other side to shop for food. While I was picking up a can of tomatoes, the woman from the post office came up to me with a package slip. "This is you, yes? I saw your name and address on the package you just mailed."

Yep, that's me.

"We have a package for you--it's been here for some time. There was something wrong with the address, and we were about to mail it back."

My Kinvaras! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

And if I hadn't stopped in to mail that package this morning, they'd have been lost to me forever, disappeared into the void of "undeliverable as addressed."

The moral of the story is...uh. Always mail packages when you're expecting something and it's taking a long time to arrive? Be nice to the post office clerks and they might be inclined to check on something that's niggling at the back of their mind? If you're truly meant to have a new pair of Kinvaras, Fate will bring them to you even if they're mis-addressed? 

Whatever. The end.

Epilogue: I took them out for an hour's spin. They felt good.

QOTD: Hasn't come up yet. Knock wood.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Nice story, majope. Did you get a good deal on the shoes?

Planning on a run later, hoping to beat the rain that is supposed to come after noon.

Andie: I hope your foot will heal up soon. At least you know what it is, and what you can do about it.

No story now, maybe later.

QOTD: I listen to it, but don't always follow it. Depends on what I think about it.

Run for fun.

Nice story, majope. Did you get a good deal on the shoes?

Not really. Price for the shoes themselves was $58, which isn't bad (but still more than the $50 I paid for my first pair in the mall at home). Then tack on the $22 shipping and that makes them $80 total, which is a bit of an ouchie, but (a) can't find Saucony at all in this town and (b) the running shoes they do have cost about double their price in the States.

So, not a bargain, but could be worse.

Hope you get your run in before the rain hits!

LB2

Majope: I have over 600 miles on one pair of Kinvaras; close to 400 on the other.

Andie: I had a case of PF once. Maybe mine was the same type as yours because it did not take long to get over it. I did miss a race that I had paid for though, which ticked me off.

FTYC: I hope you have a good run.

I will probably go ahead and run 4 or 5 miles tonight. This is supposed to be a rest day. We'll see.

QOTD: Yes, pretty much.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Good morning!

I managed 7 miles today. Nothing noteworthy or special about it. 

Andie- Sorry about the PF. That really sucks. And THANKS!

majope- How many people live in that town? 7? That's amazing.

Couch- Good luck with your run. 

LB- Good luck if you decide to run. Enjoy the rest if you don't!

QOTD: Almost never. I've never met a PT that really knew anything about running. But I have an amazing sports doctor. I don't listen to him either. 

Birdwell

The Grinch is my favorite Christmas character, at least the early grinch is, before he gets all nice. 

Sorry to hear about the pf thought. Hopefully it will heal quickly. 

today is a cross training day. A hour in the pool, doing a mixed set. 

QOTD: doctors advice? It depends on if I asked for it or not. 

Sandy-2

Hi Everyone,

rfa: hope the “belly” PF goes away soon.

Majope:  I like the moral of the story.

FTYC and LB2: Have good runs later.

Lace: nice un-noteworthy 7.

Birdwell: enjoy the XT.

Hmmmmm story time . . .

There is a small group of folks I run with, we then have coffee afterwards.  Small coffee bar in the corner of a supermarket (we start/finish the runs in the parking lot).  They meet every day, I only join them on weekends.  Very nice older woman who works the coffee bar always has a smile and nice things to say.  Well her husband of many years died the other day after a long bout with cancer.  So the little informal running group decided we’d take up a little collection and give her a card, which we did this morning.  She didn’t open the card, but we think there will be some tears when she does, the gang was also very generous.

I did an easy 5 miles this morning, very very windy here, some gusts up to 45 – 50 mph.  Some trees down and local power outages. A good early morning run though.

qotd: I TRY to listen.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Trail Monster

Morning all!

QOTD: No insurance = no doctors advice.

im doing speed work today. I will come back with a total when its over!

Story time? I guess DH and I are both feeling the season. Last night I decided to make Christmas cookies with the kids but couldn't find our cookie cutters. I ran to the store to buy some and saw the Salvation Army bell ringer. It was wet and cold and I could see he was mentally disabled. As I checked out I decided to get $10 cash back. $5 went in the bucket and $5 to $1 scratch off tickets. I gave the bell ringer a ticket and said Merry Christmas. He was very excited and said he won $20 on one someone gave him last week. Then I saw a good friend of mine as I crossed the parking lot and gave him a ticket too. When I got home DH asked if he could go out for awhile while the girls and I baked. Turns out he went up to the school to volunteer with wrapping the student gifts, all 1,000 of them. Our schools give each kid a school shirt for Christmas. I went to bed last night thinking about how lucky I am to have two healthy kids, a husband who does things like that, good friends and the ability to give of time and/or money. After a really crappy day it was exactly the reminder I needed!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Tonight, I am being "that girl" and I'm sandwiching 6 miles in between work and happy hour/girl's night. Luckily, the hostess is understanding of my crazy enough to take some of my clean clothes and let me use her shower when I get to her place. Having taken off the past 2 days off (not counting 1.5 miles on Tuesday) due to lingering hammy issues and holiday parties,  I really need to get back out there today. 

We are going to be watching the Grinch tonight at girls' night! 

runfastandie- sorry to hear about the PF, hope you heal fast! 

QOTD: I'm young lucky enough to have not had injuries bad enough to warrant a dr/PT visit. I have a feeling this will catch up with me eventually (knock on wood!) but I've been an athlete my whole life and haven't suffered anything more serious than a broken finger. 

runtraildc

just found out my planned lunch yoga will be superseded by a meeting.  Will run 6 tonight with a local group.   Won't be on the trails, but in the neighborhood so I'll get to see some lights.

QOTD:  Yes.  I'm very motivated to get better and my experience has taught me following my doctor's advice gets me there faster than DIY.   (I'm also the daughter of a nurse, if that helps explain things)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Good Morning!  Had a great run yesterday afternoon, really attacked the hills on the route-nothing like the feeling of getting to the top a steep hill knowing you get to go down!  Have an easy 6 mile planned along the Yellowstone this afternoon.

Story- ran w/ a buddy on Saturday (he generally runs with me a couple of times a week and is getting a little faster each time out), we ran a new 13-ish mile loop that involved about 4 miles of no trail and he was pretty pooped when we finally topped out and hit the trail again (not that I wasn't Smile).  We had about 4 miles to go and he got his second wind and started pulling away, no second wind hit me and I had to let him go.  I could see him every now and again and I knew I wasn't going to catch up- just then an idea popped up.  There was a faint trail that took off that could potentially cut off a 1/4 mile or so, so I took it.  Now with purpose I did get a second wind and really hit it.  The trail had a lot of snow on it in places and slowed me down.  I was completely out of sight of my buddy so I had no idea if this was going to work or backfire and add even more time to my run.  I finally connected back into the main trail and no fresh tracks Big grin  I beat him back to the truck by about 2 minutes, he had a look of wonderment when he saw me waiting at the truck.  Cheating, yeah.... but home field advantage has to count for something Smile

qotd: knock on wood haven't had to go to one, but I think I would listen

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

majope- How many people live in that town? 7? That's amazing.

About 140,000. There are two good-sized sports stores and several department stores downtown--none of them carry Saucony, so perhaps they just don't have much of a presence in Finland. Maybe down in Helsinki, but I didn't shop for shoes when we visited down there.

Nike, on the other hand...everywhere. And Merrell. Asics. Can't remember what else off the top of my head, but certainly not as many brands as in the States.

KreegSauceRuns

Good morning folks.  Today's my last day of work until next year!  

Finally starting to see some progress with the shin.  I haven't ran since, well, I don't even remember.  Supposed to go to my running study tomorrow but I don't think there is any running on the first day.  I'm hoping that by next week I can be back out on the trails.  I may try to do some hiking before then though. 

QOTD:  I try to avoid the doctor.  I hate going.  So I will put up a big N/A for this QOTD

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

andie-recover fast!

majope-how do you track miles for shoes...that seems like too much work. Does it even matter? I just toss shoes when they don't feel right. Maybe I need to start...

couch-good luck with the run later. I love running in the rain but that + cold = not a good time

lb2-better get that run in...a lot of big meals right around the corner.

lace-nice run

bird-enjoy the XT...I need to keep that up

sandy-great run in the wind...50 mph gusts would knock most people on their butts

banshee-enjoy the run...I am strange and actually enjoy speedwork. Love the burn.

TnC-running followed by happy hour sounds like a blast. Anytime I go straight from a run to drinking it gets sloppy really fast. Apparently beer is not the best way to rehydrate.

traildc-enjoy your group run tonight

mtwarden-your run sounds so much better then my miserable road miles this morning. Enjoy it!

ASU-last day of work...awesome. Keep up the recovery.

I did an uneventful 7 on the road this morning as a recovery from yesterdays speed work.

QOTD: with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila