Trailer Trash

Three in a row Thursdailies (Read 210 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Come on peeps...this is three days in a row.

4.5 miles this morning.  Getting colder and I like it,

QOTD: Do you have a "mountain view" from your place of residence? (edit) Or other nice views?

I have always wanted a great mountain view - you know like something you see in Colorado with the Rockies in your back yard...or possibly like lace with the Wasatch Range right there.  But the reality is I do have a mountain view.  I have my little mountain. From my house to the top is probably only 500' but it's the first thing I look at when I leave my home. I am always watching my mountain. I run the trails on it, I marvel at the way the appearance changes from day to day or season to season.  I still would love a grand mountain view someday but I will take what I have for now.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

SRD for me. I moved my LR to tomorrow because I'm busy this weekend. Luckily I have off tomorrow so I can get out on the trails early for my 16 miler.

QOTD: No. I live in the city, so I have a view of a couple skyscrapers and the direct view into 2 neighbors' windows.

NorthernHarrier

boyjame--heroic effort getting things started again, I can see you are a natural leader. Smile

Well how cold do you want it? Starting on Sunday at my shack up north the hi will be below 0 for three days. The STINKING HIGH!

I think that is a little chilly.

So I've got some tempo-mile repeats happening today. Can't wait. I'm still so effinn slow. Pathetic.

Can't wait to watch Oprah tonight. Not really. I'll just read the highlights, I can't stand the guy so I don't need the drama but I do love a good train wreck.

QOTD-Ah mountains? In Wisconsin? Well we do have about 15,000 lakes, that's what we try to get near around here. Mountains would be sweet. I think the state of Maine would be nice with both mountains and a lot of lakes not to mention the coast.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm sorry, my leadership is going down the drain.  Dead  Jamie, you can take over for me.

This is unscheduled rest day number 74 for me.  There's not much else to say.  I walked 5.5 miles last night, will bike on the trainer tonight, PT appt tomorrow.

QOTD: No mountains here in Wisconsin, but we do have some nice rolling hills.  My place of residence involves a view into my driveway and a view of the backyard that backs up to a street.  Would I like a house someday that had a vast, sweeping, panoramic view of the Rockies?  Well, I wouldn't turn in down...  But I still love my green Wisconsin hills.

Harrier, ahhhh, I have to agree that a high of 0 degrees is slightly chilly.

Running is dumb.

Scrapster

Morning, trailers.

I am breaking my no-running streak today...I think.  Was able to spin for a bit last night, and will hopefully get out for a joggy jog mid-day today.

Yay for cold weather.  That reminds me I have to take my ice skates in to the shop for sharpening.  Love me some outside ice skating.  Wink

QOTD:  Erm, no mountains in Michigan.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I've had to scrap much of my written "plan" for Uwharrie due to weather- I missed a 20 mile long run last week (tried to make up for it w/ 6 miles on the dreadmill and 11 miles of x-country skiing), but this week I'm tapering off so I think I'm pretty close to being on track.  Running in snowshoes is proving very challenging, yesterday I ran a 8.5 mile loop and where it followed my tracks from the day before it wasn't terrible, as soon as I got off my old tracks it became terrible again Big grin  Today I'm going to try and get another 8-ish run in w/ shoes, at least the temps have moderated, I can certainly sympathize w/ NH Smile

qotd: no real mountains in E Montana, but I live one block off of the Yellowstone River- so I have a pretty nice view Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Five miles of easy fire road for the pooch and me this morning.

QOTD:  No mountain view here.  There are two reasons for that.  One, the nearest mountains are a couple hours away. And two, I live on the highest point in the area.

Fortunately we do have some very "mountain-like" terrain only without the altitude.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning folks! I'm on my third URD in a row. Lousy cold. AT least I feel good enough to go to work today.

QOTD:

I get to look at this every single day.

Morning all,

Decided to postpone yesterday's 4-miler to today; hopefully I'll get it in before I head to work.

qotd: Although I can't quite see them while in my house, once I step outside I see the Cascades to the east, Olympics to the west, Mt. Rainier to the south/southwest and Mt. Baker to the north/northeast.

Irish Luck

SRD for me today, as I have a volunteering commitment this month. I've been getting in some great mileage and happy that the hubby has felt the injuries creep away (for now) and been able to return to running with me.

QOTD: The only "mountain" view is from the roof, but there's no real "mountain" to speak of.  Mostly tree tops from some of the higher elevation lands adjacent to the Schuylkill River.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

About to head out for a few miles, but have no clue where to go. I think once I get started, things will work themselves out, and I'll find a nice loop.

QOTD: Just a "hill view" from my kitchen window (I still call it my mountain), but that is enough to keep me motivated.

When I worked in the Tyrol, Austria, I had a nice view of cliff-like, 9,000 ft high limestone mountains from my house, but that looked rather intimidating than motivating, even though generally I like the mountains.

Run for fun.

sugnim

Morning all!

7 miles with the pooch last night.  I think it was a hard run for her.  When we went inside, she sat down, and then sort of collapsed onto her side and stuck her head toward me as though she was saying "hurry up & get this harness off of me!"  She was fine after dinner & a nap.  Sometimes I wonder if having 4 legs makes running twice as hard for a dog as it does for us with 2 legs because they have more legs to move, or if it is half as hard because they have 4 legs to get them through.

QOTD:  The town where I live has a nickname of "the hub of 5 valleys."  You can't look in any direction from anywhere in this town without seeing mountains.  It's great because there are several mountain and hill trails that I can reach with just a short run from my home.  The only drawback to being surrounded by mountains is that sometimes we get socked in with fog or smoke for days or even weeks as our surrounding neighbors enjoy the sunshine.

under a rock

Good morning! Thought I'd finally jump in and try out the dailies thread.

This morning's run was 5.5 miles of rain, not a dry spot on my body when done. We've had lots of rain lately and I've actually been loving it. Turns out for me temps in the 40's-50's with light rain suits me nicely.

QOTD: No mountain views from the house. When out walking in my hood I can catch tiny views of one of the local mountains where I do most of my trail running. DH and I are hoping to rectify the lack of mountain views as soon as we can sell this house and head out to the PNW.

I am so jealous of this:

qotd: Although I can't quite see them while in my house, once I step outside I see the Cascades to the east, Olympics to the west, Mt. Rainier to the south/southwest and Mt. Baker to the north/northeast.

runtraildc

Hi all (and thanks, boyjame, we'd probably be still circling around, not knowing what to do, without you! Smile).

weights at the gym last night as I'm trying to fit in more strength training.  Have 6.5 miles planned tonight with a group run (and DS).   I think the dusting of snow we're expecting here may not materialize.  Harrier, I'll happily take those zero degree days with sunshine for the endless grayness & drizzle.

qotd-- used to have mountain views when I lived and worked in AK and the PNW that are still imprinted in  my brain.  good memories, but right now, I have my all time favorite view of my (flat & urban) garden.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning! Thought I'd finally jump in and try out the dailies thread.

Welcome, Fraggle!  Feel free to hop in anytime!  Smile

Running is dumb.