Trailer Trash

Thunderous thursday (Read 37 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks. Squeezed in two miles between thunder storms. It was short, I know. today would normally be a rest day, but I thought I'd try running 6 days this week, and see how my body reacts. I also needed to re-calibrate my Nike+ thingie.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

mecrowe

Computer Geek

g'morning birdwell.....2 miles > 0 miles  Smile

I did 5 through the neighborhood last night....trying to get back to consistent running.......July and August were horrendous months for me.

DigDug2

7 this a.m. on rail trail/real trail.  Fantastic weather.  Starting to notice how dark it is before 6 - need to finally break down and get a headlamp.

QOTD:  How much running-related stuff do you have in your car?  I've got shoes and a set of clean clothes, in case I want to run on the way to/from work or run at the gym at work.  I also have an overflowing folder full of trail maps.  No water bottles or food, however, so I'm not really set for a spontaneous long trail run.

Occasional Runner

Finally back in Utah!

I got 6 fast road miles and a great core workout at the gym. I haven't been to the gym for more than a month, so I know I'll be sore tomorrow.

Wasatch 100 tomorrow! Jo and I will be working the aid station at mile 28. We're pumped!

QOTD: Usually nothing. Sometimes there's a pair of shoes or a hydration pack, but rarely.

L'shanah tovah to all those celebrating Rosh Hashanah! I'm not Jewish but my fiance is, so we'll be celebrating with his family tonight.

Got in 6 miles last night, and 5 and change this morning. Was planning a rest day today but went to bed feeling motivated and set my alarm early. I even TRIED going back to sleep this morning when my alarm went off but no dice, so I ran instead. It ended up being a perfect morning for a run. I took a photo in the same place of the Ben Franklin Bridge last night and this morning, here's the shot (sunrise on top, sunset on bottom)

sunrise & sunset

QOTD: None because my car has been out of commission for several months. I use my fiance's car, but do not stash running gear in there unless I'm going to/from the trail that day.

NorthernHarrier

Morning people

Steady paced road run yesterday. Good for legs with a consistent turnover. Once a week is good for that.  About to hop on the road bike for maybe 15-18 miles on the back roads towards Oregon from here. (the town, not the state)Smile  My mountain bike is getting a little work done and hopefully I can pick it up later today. Otherwise a rest day from running but a dose of technical trails at Blue Mounds tomorrow morning. Easy week for me this week. Feels good.

QOTD--My vehicle is an embarrassment. It's a rolling locker room and office. Whenever I can't find something I'll go out to the car and there it is.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

hill work this evening, early evening if it rains and cools down- night w/ a lamp if it doesn't

qotd: I started keeping a "emergency" running kit in my vehicle- older pair of shoes, socks, shorts, shirt, windshirt and a handheld

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

sugnim

Good morning all.  I've been doing 10 hour shifts at work, so I haven't been able to get out for a run in the mornings like I usually do during the summer.  I got so antsy yesterday toward the end of work that I went out for 5 mile slog on the roads in the evening.  It was 92 degrees, which is way too hot for me, but I'm glad I went.

QOTD:  I keep some hair ties in the glove box, but that's about it.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I ran 9 miles up and down the mountain yesterday, and my legs were really tired. Now it's supposed to be an even longer run, as it is my day off work, and I am tired already before even heading out. Ouch!

Birdwell: 2 miles is better than nothing. What Nike+ thingie are you talking about?

mecrowe: Time to pick it up again!

DD2: Dark late, yes. That confuses me now, I always knew I was back on time from my morning run when I beat the sunrise, or got home shortly after, but now, I'll have to be back way before, and this just doesn't compute in my mind. A new headlamp is great motivation, though.

lace: There's always a way to get sore from a 100-miler, whether you are running it, or volunteering. Wink

T&C: My DH and his family are Jewish, and while we celebrate the holidays when we are with his family, we just don't seem to get it together for "just" our family. I wish we would, there's so much good food for each holiday... Have fun tonight!

Harrier: Are you the brother of my DH? He keeps everything in his car, I usually call it a rolling catchall. Evil

warden: So you "started" with the emergency kit in your car - what's the status now? Rolling catchall (LOL)?

sugnim: Brave to get out in the heat!

QOTD: I always have a towel in my car (rule #2), and unless it's freezing temperatures, I have some water bottles flying around in the trunk.

Oh, and some TP, for anything and everything.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Good morning folks.

5mi and 5am this morning.  Finally got my butt outta bed.  No thunder around here, but they are keeping a close eye on TS Gabrielle in the southern Atlantic, not sure it's going to enter the Gulf yet.

qotd: I'm a total minimalist when it comes to stuff in my car.  Only thing I consistently carry in my car is the iPod in the center console, no running stuff.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

A nice cool 5 trail miles for the pooch and me.

QOTD: It varies with the time of year, but there is usually some extra clothing and when it won't freeze there is water.  There is always a headlamp and hand held flashlight.  In winter they is likely to be traction devices or snow shoes.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

Quick 4 this morning, trying to take it easy so I can get 20 in on Saturday morning. I've been

paying more attention to my nutritional needs, 2 weeks ago I was fatigued for days and I think it was

related to being protein deficient. Or maybe I'm just a slacker, who knows.

Mini-rant: Now that we are apartment dwellers once again I'm really noticing how incredibly lazy people

are. We have a trash compactor behind the apartments with trash/recycling. I see cardboard boxes

overflowing in the recycling b/c people can't seem to take the extra 3 seconds to break down their box

so that other people can put their recycling in. I'm also amazed that people put their trash bags

in their car to drive to the trash instead of walking a few extra yards. Am I the only one that thinks this is

amazing? Do people really think that the less they use their bodies somehow it will last longer? Or am

I just a stuck-up douche-bag that should just mind his own business?

QOTD: I keep a drop bag in my trunk with gear I may need, on Saturdays my car serves as an aid

station so I also bring a little cooler with filled bottles and snacks. I also always keep 2 towels, one

large for the drivers seat and one small to sop up the sweat.

runtraildc

Busy morning here!  I got in a strength workout last night instead of running.  I'm trying to be more consistent with strength training, so I'm focusing a bit on that this month, just trying to establish some better habits around it.  I was doing push ups recently with my 10 yo and was embarrassed by my lack of upper body strength.  Needless to say, he outperformed me significantly.

qotd:  Very little running stuff as most of my running starts from home.  DH also tends to fill the car with his kiteboarding gear....

AT-runner

Tim

Beautiful day today.  DW and I went for 6  miles on the trails.  Was actually a bit cool when the wind was blowing.  Wish we had this weather  last weekend for the race.

Heading to a restaurant in Frederick, MD called Volt for our 27th Anniversary dinner.  If you've ever seen Top Chef, then you might have heard of the chef,  Bryan Voltagio.  Great restaurant for special occasions.

QOTD:  I drive a Honda Ridgeline, and the storage compartment under the bed always has running gear.  More than once, I've driven by some area and decided to go exploring for trials.

XT - Safe travels and good luck at Superior Sawtooth 100.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Have the running date for 7 after work today.  Nothing happened yesterday.. just trying to keep it honest.  Bridwell:  I give you kudos for just getting out there even if it is only 2 miles.

QOTD:  Runner related...bug spray, bowl for Earl,  and a lot of dirt.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄