Trailer Trash

Holy Crap! Where is the Thursdaily? (Read 27 times)

moonlightrunner

Hello!

I was just going to lurk..such a slacker like me has no business posting...but here it is.

No run yesterday even with the day off. After this week thongs Will be better because I won't have the long commute.

Planning a run next week at a state park a distance away...some me time! Might get a run in tonight if lucky.

Qotd: during the day do you keep up with news headlines? I am constantly shocked at the young people I work with...they know NOTHING about what is going on. Ever since they started the first Gulf war while I was at work I am hypervigilant about monitoring the news. Can you believe they think the co pilot crashed that plane on purpose?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head up on the mountain for a run. Last long run was 12.6 miles, hoping to get this one up closer to 15 miles with a lot of climbing.

QOTD: I always try to keep up with the basics, although some days I would just like to ignore the news. Since that's not realistic I never do though.  I can believe that he crashed it, but I just don't understand why unless it was terrorism related. If it was suicide why take any innocent people with?

sugnim

What happened to Trail Tromper?  He usually starts us off with tales of his run with Marley.

I slept in this morning on purpose.  No run.  No shower.  Eh.

QOTD:  I like to keep up with news about science & health more than news of violence or people's political and religious squabbles.  I just don't have time in my life for that crap.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks for starting us off, Moonlight!  I'm not running today, so I was waiting for someone else!

QOTD: I go through phases.  Sometimes I'm really into the news and other times I live in ignorant bliss.  So I suppose I could be one of those young people you get annoyed by. 

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Had a strange weather 12 miler this morning.  It was 28* when I started and 67* when I finished almost 2 hours later.  I had the woods all to myself, and was peeling clothes off the whole run. Also stopped 3 times to kick off the mud from my shoes.  Still one or two frozen patches and one low spot where there was still about 5" of snow.

20 mile race with DW on Sunday at Blue Marsh Lake (Naked Bavarian). After that it's taper time.

QOTD:  I follow the news pretty closely.  I think it's one of the drawbacks of growing up in the DC area where news is king. All of my news is online now.  I mix it up because I'm not a fan of politicizing or sensationalizing the news.  I use the "Newser" website a lot because it's short and sweet.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Up early and did a good tempo/pace effort on the roads, thought I would be in shorts from here on out but it was pretty chilly this morn. Next week looks good though....   It will be a 6 mile run in the hood tomorrow followed by a man cave workout.  This weekend is a toss up right now as I need to run long on the trails but there is this pull to go north even though it is still winter there.

QOTD--Well I used to follow the news pretty decent but with this job's hours and we recently canceled the newspaper so I have no clue in general and that's fine as I could never do anything about stuff anyway.  I am a sports junkie but am pretty frustrated with the way the internet sites have been evolving to more short video clips as opposed to having good articles I can actually read.  Ignorant bliss is real good I think.

XtremeTaper

I had a nice run last night on the trails of Coventry Woods. Just 6 miles with the Lady but it felt good. Temps were high 30's with light rain and drizzle but it felt warmer for some reason. Nice that the snow and ice are gone. Almost normal trail conditions again! Today, hit the road at lunchtime and ran 8 miles into town and back. Low 50's with drizzle and rain. Might run some more later on the trail, might not.

QOTD: I keep up with the news but don't obsess about it. Local paper gives me the scuttlebutt around here, the major headlines, and I might check MSN now and then on the laptop.

AT - Have fun at Blue Marsh. I expect it will be mud marsh this weekend.

Harrier - I've noticed that too about internet reports on the interwebs. Often times there is not much substance.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jonferg67

Endless trails

No run for me today. I had a great run yesterday during the hour or so when temps

rose above 40, I even wore shorts. So much fun to tromp through the snow in shorts.

QOTD: No, but somehow, miraculously I'm able to get through the day with everything

I need to know.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run so far because it's DD's birthday, and I just could not fit it in in between work and the kids coming home from school. Maybe later, after the cake.

QOTD: I usually keep up somewhat during the day with my online German newspaper, and browsing through American news websites when needed. Most of the time, I read the same news one day earlier on the German site than on American sites, that's why I stick with that one as my main source, except for local news of course, which I get from the radio in my car. That said, there are some days when I just ignore any news, just don't feel like it.

And yes, I think the possibility of the German pilot committing suicide and taking the passengers and crew with him, is quite real. A very "German" way to solve life problems, without any remorse. One reason why I left Europe.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Did my run last night after work, it was nice, went up/down the "smaller hill".  The incline is just enough that I can still sort of "run" up it all the way and then totally "bomb" down it coming back.  I take the side with the wooden deck and trees popping out of the sidewalk (lots of head-bonking opportunities) going slow on the way up, but then the clear side with the wider sidewalk and fewer people when bombing down.  I'll take some photos one of these days.

Planning on running after work again tonight.

qotd:

...  pretty frustrated with the way the internet sites have been evolving to more short video clips as opposed to having good articles I can actually read.... 

Yup, I'm a news junkie.  NH, I feel the same way about most news sites as well.  If a news item only has a video, I skip it, if it has both video/article I only read the article and don't watch the video.

As a very frequent flyer, I can't even begin to tell you about my feelings on the latest from the Germanwings incident, but I guess you can imagine.  BTW, even before this I have always tried to stay on main carriers and not their "low-cost subsidiaries" or the pure "low-cost carriers".

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL