Trailer Trash

Thawing Thursday (Read 24 times)

runtraildc

Morning/Afternoon folks!  The stomach seems to be on the mend, and I got to the gym last night.  Workout on the elliptical and some strength training.  Maybe a run later.  It's hard to imagine, but after the rain and warm weather, there is very little snow left after our storm last week.  Passed by one of my trailheads earlier and everything looked clear (except for mud and some frozen ground).

qotd:  pass

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice run this morning...really like starting my day that way.  Sun peaking a little earlier helping me out of bed sooner.  Got in 6.  Last night it was 4 with the group; half road half dirt road.  It was fun because I had no dogs tied to me, a gradual hill climb that turned into a step one.  I felt like I was cruising.  Ran with the boys.  This group I just don't get, we are only running 4 miles.....push yourselves.  Run up those hills. They run long but rarely hard..I mean never hard.

QOTD:  What is your favorite time of the day? I'm going to say the mornings, especially when I am not rushed.  A run, maybe a cup of coffee, a possible sunrise.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

7 miles at lunchtime on the road, into town and back. Thawing here too. The snow is not completely gone but there is a lot of bare ground and it's mostly just plowed piles and drifts left.

QOTD: Seasonal dependent, but I like the time just before sunset when I am running on the trail out in the woods.

Queenie - The boys never train hard? Yuck yuck.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That just seems uncomfortable..

Queenie - The boys never train hard? Yuck yuck.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

That just seems uncomfortable..

Yes. Training hard is always uncomfortable. Think the track and intervals or a long hard tempo run. Ouch. That is some hard training. Those boys sound soft. You should call them names. Tongue

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Short run today, probably no more than 5 miles.  Looking ahead to tomorrow and a possible run up on the mountain.

QOTD: Anytime after 4 pm. I just don't function well in the mornings. I also love the sun setting, especially in the summer.  Still there is something really nice about a clear morning sunrise.

Gator eye

Stayed in bed this morning, running is for people with motivation. I didn't fit in that category this morning.

QOTD : Usually mornings but not today

LB2

5 or 6 after dark.

QOTD: I like the mornings. I am useless after about 2PM unless I get a run in.

LB2

muppy

5.9 miles last night.

QOTD I  would have to say I'm a morning person, just something about the peace and quiet before the world gets moving.

Wandering Wally

Another URD last night. I just wasn't feeling well, so went to bed early instead.

QOTD: Evening. I'm a natural 2nd-shifter. Too bad everyone expects me to be in my office in the early a.m.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice, but still chilly run yesterday- would have been fine except the wind; which as we speak has come up considerably since this morning    Hill repeats this evening, they suck, but in a good way 

qotd: morning person; hate to admit this, but usually in bed before 10:00

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

6 miles around the mt. Windy.

qotd  morning person.

Sandy-2

It's Friday !!!!  SRD for me.  And....  next week we have Mon - Wed off for the Lunar New Year holidays.  (It's huge here).  We decided not to go anywhere just because the craziness of everyone else traveling, so I should be able to get some decent mileage next week.

There is a local bar that will open early Monday morning so we can watch the Superbowl and drink beer while the sun comes up.  Not sure we'll make that though...  but then again I do already have the day off....   hmmmmmm.

QoN and XT: Yes, I think training hard would be uncomfortable. Yuck Yuck.

qotd: I tend to like early morning and sunrises and also early evening and sunsets.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

bagge_pants

3 miles easy, cemetery, field and train tracks, basically a fun run and saw some deer

QOTD: sunrise, sunset and moonrise

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Tough day at work, then skiing with the boys. Or rather, rushing to get them to thei ski lessons, I was the one not skiing. Just did not work out schedule-wise, but the boys still had a good time and did great. Seems they are growing up somehow.

No run today, but looking forward to some nice miles tomorrow again. Hopefully not in pouring rain, that run yesterday was slightly on the moist side and not exactly comfortable, but that seems s good thing every once in a while (Queen: yes, those boys are strange).

QOTD: I am a morning person, I like the time from before sunrise until the day starts at around 8 or 9 best. That said, there's also something magical about late afternoons until dusk, especially in summer and when I am running.

Run for fun.