Trailer Trash

TGIFridaily (Read 38 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Late morning today.  I'm resting, as usual, since it's Friday.  25 miler planned for either Saturday or Sunday.  Saturday forecast is 5* in the morning when I want to start, Sunday it's supposed to be 18* at the start.  Leaning towards Sunday, as I don't want to sweat and then freeze for several hours.

QOTD:  Head and face protection for really cold runs?  I have a face mask (from skiing) that I wear, but I don't love it.  Open to better suggestions.

Queen - so sorry to hear about you 48* day, that must have been brutal. 

I think 48* is the temperature that XT starts to wear a shirt.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good Morning. Got out for 2 miles last night and i had a first.  For the first time ever, I did not wear just shorts.  I borrowed a pair of "leggings" from DW.  Worked out better than I thought.  I ran a tad faster than I have in a while. I will attribute it to the leggings - even if falsely.

I am going to try and get out on some real trails tomorrow.  Even if only a few miles, I have to.

AT - hope you get in a good 25.  Do run that any special place or your normal trails?

QOTD: I have layers for my head and face I use.  Last night, I had on a thin skull cap, then a heavier winter hat over that.  Then I used one of the ear warmer headband things and wrap that around my neck/chin/mouth area.  I adjust that to my nose when needed.  It may not be the best option but it works for me.  I like that I can take it off or move it when I get too warm.

Have a great day and weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

I pushed my run from last night to today, was feeling pretty crappy after work last  night.  We're now getting a "heat wave" today and the temp is going up to 32 so I'll head out for an easy hour later.

QOTD: I just started wearing a Smartwool neck gaiter and it's great. I have struggled to find a comfortable and warm neck/face solution for skiing and running and this might be the solution. It's merino wool and covers the neck and can be pulled up to cover the bottom half of the face. It's easier to breathe through than some other ones I've tried.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - hope you get in a good 25.  Do run that any special place or your normal trails?

It will be a mix of logging roads and some trails to break the boredom.  Mostly around the Pine Grove Furnace SP area and heading up to Kings Gap SP on the Buck Ridge Trail.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks.

We got a few inches this morning so I did a little cross-training

with the snow shovel. Headin out soon for a few trail miles with

my trusty microspikes.

QOTD: I did pretty good last year down to single digits with just my running

hat. I had a great balaclava from Wickers, from my CG days, but I let it go when

we lived in CA.

Occasional Runner

I doubled up this morning. 6 road miles to the gym, then some circuit training. Then I went home, grabbed the pup and we hit the trails for 6 more. I love getting that much work in before heading to the office in the morning.

QOTD: BUFF!! It's the most versatile piece of running gear I own!

Marley and I had a nice 5 mile trail run this cool morning. Between the wind and a very light dusting last night, the trails had drifted back over despite there actually being very little accumulation. So we were making fresh tracks some of the way.

QOTD:  

I wear a thin windproof pile cap starting as soon as it gets to freezing or so.  I most often have it either just over the tops of my ears or above the ears all the way.  If it gets really cold and windy I pull it down more.  On a typical cold weather run I adjust between those options to regulate temperature during the run. 

It doesn't get as cold here as it does where some of you are, but I never wear anything over my face.  It typically doesn't get below 0 F actual except very rarely here.  When the wind chill is well below zero I usually smear some petroleum jelly on my cheeks.  I find that keeps me from losing skin to the cold.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: BUFF!! It's the most versatile piece of running gear I own!

DW has a Buff and loves it.  Do you have the regular of the Winter version?  I'm looking at them right now.

Have fun in Brasil.

Occasional Runner

DW has a Buff and loves it.  Do you have the regular of the Winter version?  I'm looking at them right now.

Have fun in Brasil.

I have both of them. The winter version really is much warmer, but doesn't breathe as well. You can't go wrong either way.

Thanks. We're going to have a great time. We're both really excited!

Gator eye

We did 6 early morning with 3 inches of fresh powder.

QOTD: my beard works pretty well.  I do use a scarf when the wind chill gets to low.

LB2

Today is a rest day, although I hardly need one this week. I will probably run 8 to 10 tomorrow.

QOTD: I rarely have a need for such things, but I do have a couple of buffs I can use if it gets too bad.

LB2

sugnim

Good morning all.  I got out for 5.5 miles along the river this dark and cold morning.  My left calf is telling me its time to do some yoga and work with the roller.

QOTD: I use a Buff that I got at a race.  You can turn it into several articles of clothing, including a balacava, neck warmer, and face mask.  It's pretty thin, but I don't like to have anything heavy on my head or neck, so it works well for me.

Finally got in my first back country ski of the year today.  It's the first time it was cold enough with enough snow on the ground here.  Went out for a solid hour before my hell day at work starts.

QOTD: I second the Buff movement.  I don't have a winter one, but the everyday one has always suited my purposes.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

I imagined myself running in microspikes today...nothing else.

QOTD: I have a buff, I like it, but breathing through it causes the moisture to freeze.  It's not perfect but it gets me through.

**Ask me about streaking**

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Afternoon all,

I imagined myself running in microspikes today...nothing else.

QOTD: I have a buff, I like it, but breathing through it causes the moisture to freeze.  It's not perfect but it gets me through.

I guess that would be running in the buff then?

Could get frostbite that way...

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16