Trailer Trash

Friday (Read 36 times)

LB2

I will do 6 to 8 tonight on the trails and gravel roads around the house.

QOTD: How strictly do you follow a training plan when a race is coming up?

I used to be very strict, but now, I just keep on running and mixing things up, speed, easy, etc. The only thing I really get anal about is my long runs. But I don't really use formal "training plans" anymore.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Road lunch time run with a friend.  Probably 3-4 miles which will be speed work since he's a speedy guy.

QOTD:  The tempo run and long run days are pretty consistent with the plan.  The rest of the time I wing it based on how I feel.  As i get older, I have no problem skipping a run in favor of recovery or cross training.  In my younger days, I was a slave to my plan, as in I would run around the parking lot to make sure I got in 20 miles and not 19.85 since my plan said 20.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

A great 6 mile morning trail run for the pooch and me.

QOTD: Back when I was racing I followed the plan pretty strictly.  These days I run however far and at what ever pace I feel like on any given day.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning.  I rode my bike into work today.  IT WAS FUCKING COLD.  I am okay for the first 10 miles.  Then the rest is horrible.  I need a shorter commute in this weather.

QOTD: What's a training plan?  Joking

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Happy Friday trashers,

I'm heading out for a second interview, position is Residential Director

of a group home for adults with autism. If it works out it it'll be a

good position for me and my skills.

I decided to take a rest day today and hit the trails tomorrow, its tough to

take it slow when returning from an injury but I'm hoping it pays off.

QOTD: Training plans are a double edge sword for me. I like knowing I

have a goal race race, but I also have enough discipline to enjoy NOT having

a race to plan for. My problem is that I do follow them and don't allow enough

flexibility for how I feel.

Sandy-2

I have 4 or 5 planned for today, but since I slept in this morning it might not happen.  As we all know stuff can get in the way as the day progresses especially on a Friday and it's my DW's birthday !!!!   In the end it's not a big deal, 60 miles for the week is only a number on a page, 56 is close enough for me.  It's not like I have a 100 miler coming up in a few weeks...

qotd: see above.

tbd.

muppy

Got in a hilly 4.8 last night.

Good Luck Jonferg on the interview!

QOTD I kind of  stick to a plan, but life gets in the way a lot!

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

2.3 with Weston. Done!

Drop bags are packed and in the car ready to go. Going to my daughter's White Coat ceremony in Philly tonite, then after the congratulatory dinner driving down to MD.

Plenty to think about while I'm out there tomorrow... Just found out my work place is closing in 12-18 months, and I might be offered a transfer to Denver.  Not sure if we wiil take the offer.

QOTD:  I usually follow the plan, and even add about 1/2 mile every day, to make up for the days when I oversleep, or have a conflict, or get hurt.

I revise the plan every week or so, since stuff comes up..

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

2.3 with Weston. Done!

Drop bags are packed and in the car ready to go. Going to my daughter's White Coat ceremony in Philly tonite, then after the congratulatory dinner driving down to MD.

Plenty to think about while I'm out there tomorrow... Just found out my work place is closing in 12-18 months, and I might be offered a transfer to Denver.  Not sure if we wiil take the offer.

QOTD:  I usually follow the plan, and even add about 1/2 mile every day, to make up for the days when I oversleep, or have a conflict, or get hurt.

I revise the plan every week or so, since stuff comes up..

Haha,  I am leaving Philly today for Stone Mill, and you are coming to Philly today. I wanted to move to Denver this year, but we ended up staying in Philly. I would take that offer in a heartbeat if I were you!

I was gonna do a shakeout run today but will probably just skip it. I never run the day before a race and don't wanna mess with it now.

QOTD: I usually create a plan based on multiple sources of info, and plot out my long runs. Then week by week I try to hit a target mileage, but the weekday runs are always based around my schedule. So I guess I follow a plan, loosely.

sugnim

Good morning all.  I got a nice, relaxing 6 mile run along the river yesterday evening after work.  It was one of those effortless runs when you don't really think about anything and hardly even know you're running.  Loved it!

QOTD: Not at all.

Good luck to all of the racers this weekend!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I think I did six but not sure as I got tired of waiting for the Garmin to find a sattilete so started running.  Part of my run today:  ruts, rocks, losts in a layer of leaves, sun in my eyes, heading downhill a hill, baby steps baby steps, it levels out for a minute then into a steep drop covered in slippery pine needles as I am being towed faster and faster down the hill knowing if I try to slow down I will end on my ass.

QOTD:  .If you haven't notice by now I don't take too much serious.  I do like to focus on getting the long run done.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Chnaiur

I did 15 on SF Beaches and Bluffs yesterday. I held a much higher pace than normal, with interruptions for a bunch of photos, and my body felt great!

Here is the album documenting my slow approach to the Golden Gate bridge: http://trailsanity.blogspot.com/

Not sure what I'm doing today - as I bent down to hug my 5-year-old in school this morning, he jumped up and hit my Adam's apple with full force. My whole neck feels off, so I'll play it as I go.

QOTD: I've always just set weekly goals for what workouts I should do, and then juggled my life to get it all in.

Right now (months away from a race), it looks like this:

Minimum level: 1 long run, 1 heavy weight session, 30 miles.

Good level: add 1 interval session, 35-40 miles.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Daydreamer1

Heading out in a little bit for a 6 miler.

Good luck to those of you doing the Stone Mill 50 and any other races this weekend.

QOTD: My personal schedule is too chaotic for me to follow a plan the way I would like to. I'll often lay out a plan then watch it get screwed up by life events.

Uh oh... now what?

I'm heading out for a second interview, position is Residential Director

of a group home for adults with autism. If it works out it it'll be a

good position for me and my skills.

Yay for second interviews and best wishes and good luck and don't break a leg (or do if it seems useful)...

Sort of dead in the saddle today, up and down half a dozen times, up to the cemetery and back during the night, hoping the holes in the clouds would get bigger... almost saw Jupiter, no sign of the comet ISON.

QOTD:

In the first year--sort of structured, but over-mileage for the first marathon.

In the second year--scattergun approach except for the time-goal run.

Since then--except for Leadville Trail 100... bleah.  If I could get my head into it, I raced, mostly I slid off into the running category (the one that now seems to be a "complete versus compete" category).