Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 26 times)

Marley and I had another great 5 mile trail run. The Fall colors are becoming muted browns, but it is still pretty.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Got in an easy 3 miles on the treadmill last night, mixed in with some HR work on the TR, plus some strength training.

qotd:  voting?  Are you usually an active voter?  Any hopes for the outcomes for today?  (yes, I know this is political and could be a contentious qotd).    I'll confess to skipping elections and usually primaries.  This year, my neighbor was running for a state office and I voted in our primaries for the first time ever.  He did not win in the primaries, but I hope he'll run again.  We have a tight governor race here in MD this year and I'm optimistic our democrat will win.

NorthernHarrier

I am back on track after finally feeling decent. Had a couple good trail runs over the wknd. and a great interval session this morning. I again have hope.

QOTD--Here I don't have much hope.  But yeah, I am an active voter but voted about a week ago. Sometimes though I do wonder why. I am afraid our lying, criminal Governor that is owned by some large businesses will be reelected. People have such short attention spans and can seldom visualize the big picture.  I will be waiting for some state parks to now be sold off to his cronies.

LB2

Recovering from the weekend. I should be back on trail by the end of the week. I developed a case of Cellulitis in my shin. I got some antibiotics yesterday, and it already feels much better.

QOTD:

I am concerned about the US Senate race in Louisiana, and I am concerned about the congressional race for the 6th district of Louisiana. I already voted.

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

My running, and forum activity, has been inconsistent, I do much better when

I have a routine (job to go to). I'm heading out now to vote then hit Bear Mt. for

a few hours. Just got an Osprey 1.5 so I'm eager to check it out.

I've decided to take this opportunity in my life to go back to school. I'm checking

out the Parks and Recreation Management program offered by Northern AZ U.

Chances are probably slim of actually being able to use the degree since many

states are cutting vs. hiring, but I'm doing it anyway. Maybe I'm just young enough

to see the tide turn in the future.

QOTD: Yes, I'm voting. Today will be the first time as a New Yorker!

Occasional Runner

29 freaking degrees this morning, and to make it worse, my running partner made me stop and wait for her while she chased raccoons and deer. Nearly froze my ass off.

QOTD: Not voting in the mid terms.

AT-runner

Tim

5 miles at a fast pace on crunch leaves.  Heard gunshots all around, which always makes me run faster.

QOTD:  Yes, I voted.  Had to show my ID for the first time, which I have no problem with, at all.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

SRD for me because I'm heading straight from work to the Trail Film Fest in Philly! I am really excited. Plus there's beer!

QOTD: I just voted at lunch. I don't always vote in mid-terms, but  the Governor's race is a huge deal in PA this year.

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all and happy voting to you. Ran 8.5 miles at lunch on a rather hilly road route. Felt good. This is a new route I've thrown into the mix now and then as it has .61924 miles of trail. Well something like that. The sign at the trail head is very specific. There are even directional arrows tacked to the trees here and there showing you the way to go. It's pretty obvious so it sort of cracks me up. I celebrate hitting the trail by taking a leak halfway in... yes, I am an idiot.

QOTD: Will go vote in about an hour. Like to miss the morning, lunchtime, and evening rush. I think I will sway to the Republican side this year. I am totally set against the polarization in politic BTW and have voted for both parties. In PA, I feel Corbett (governor) has a more sensible plan and acknowledges the pension crisis. Plus he backed off fighting the gay marriage issue once the courts had their say so I give him credit for that.

AT - What they be hunting for in the woods? I though we were just in bow season again until Dec 1.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - What they be hunting for in the woods? I though we were just in bow season again until Dec 1.

Probably turkey or small game.  Here is the current list from Area 5A in Pennsylvania.

• Deer (archery only)
                      • Wild Turkey
                      • Small Game (Squirrel, Ruffed Grouse, Cottontail Rabbit, Ring-necked Pheasant, Bobwhite Quail)
                      • Waterfowl
                      • Doves & Woodcock
                      • Crow (Fri., Sat. & Sun. only)
                      • Coyotes & Other Furbearers
                      • Woodchuck

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Will likely run a few miles with a taped ankle with my son since I promised him and need to get him out there.

QOTD: I will vote -- there is always something local here that matters.

LB2

Probably turkey or small game.  Here is the current list from Area 5A in Pennsylvania.

• Deer (archery only)
                          • Wild Turkey
                          • Small Game (Squirrel, Ruffed Grouse, Cottontail Rabbit, Ring-necked Pheasant, Bobwhite Quail)
                          • Waterfowl
                          • Doves & Woodcock
                          • Crow (Fri., Sat. & Sun. only)
                          • Coyotes & Other Furbearers
                          • Woodchuck

I don't know if I would like turkey hunting in the fall, no gobbling then or very little.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOTD: I just voted at lunch. I don't always vote in mid-terms, but  the Governor's race is a huge deal in PA Wisconsin this year.

This.  And I voted the same way Harrier did. 

And it's a SRD for me.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a nice 7.4 mile run. Felt rather strong, especially at the end then I realized that my watch had Mal-functioned and I didn't have a time . Normally it wouldn't bother me but this time it does since I felt so strong.

QOTD: DW and I voted, although I don't really know why.  Both parties are crooks and liars, they just pull of their bull$hit in different ways.  I tend to be a moderate with libertarian leanings, we're an endangered species I'm afraid. In the end I voted to throw the bums out.

moonlightrunner

No run again today. I am depressed and out of sorts. I hope I can get back in the groove again.

I voted. I don't hold out a lit of hope for the democratic challenger for governor, but threw in my vote anyway. There was an initiative to start a wolf hunting season and an initiative to take the power to determine what animals are hunted from the popular vote and give it to the legislature. Voting "no" on both was what drove me to the polls today.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k