Trailer Trash

Traveling Tuesdaily (Read 31 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

I grabbed a quick 6 mile run on the trails behind the house. Jo and I are heading to the airport in a few minutes for our flight to South Africa. It's going to be a LONG trip but we're excited to get there. It's such an amazing country.

QOTD: Pass!

Have a great day!

An easy 5 miles of trail for the pooch and me.  It wasn't that hot but it must have been humid because I was sweating like crazy.  I am so not looking forward to the real hot weather.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

Ran about 4.5 with the dog last night. Weather will determine my plan for today. If I run, it will be around 5 miles. I am really way ahead of my scheduled mileage/time for the month, which is rare for me. And even though I feel great, I don't want to get stupid. So, I am just rolling with whatever the days bring. I'll put the Tailwind to a real test on Sunday with a little 50K around the house.

QOTD: Do you ever set up courses and run them like races on your own?

I do this pretty often throughout the year. I don't have the time or money to travel a great deal to races, and there are not many trail ultras close. So, I do these things on relatively small loops for 50K and larger loops for runs over 40 miles and set up makeshift aid stations at key points that may be similar to a race I plan to run. This makes me extremely comfortable running loop courses, but I tend to panic when things get a little sketchy in point to point races, especially if I haven't spent any time on the course.

LB2

DigDug2

6.7 on road/rail trail this a.m.  Rolled my right ankle on a downhill trail over the weekend and it's swollen and bruised, but doesn't really hurt to run on - think I'll stay on the flat stuff for a week or so to avoid re-injuring.

QOTD:  Not really.  Although I often scout out the courses of races I'm going to run and try to visualize what it will be like on race day.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning all,

Back to the grind today. I did 5 road miles on some very tender legs, still feeling the

effects of my weekend.

QOTD: I haven't done this yet but I may this summer, I'm in the same boat as you LB2.

Gator eye

We did a early morning 8. I don't know if it was the temp or the humidity but the smell's on this morning run were incredibly vibrant, they just seemed to pop out at me. All sorts of flowers, grass, cows, pigs, pines, even someone cooking a early morning breakfast. It turned out to be a great run.

QOTD: I don't really set up a race format but I do plan out my long run routes and hide water and food along the route the day before.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 7.4 miles in on the trails, I am still feeling sore from Saturday's race so I am trying to be careful. My right ankle is also aching a little since Sunday's 5 miler, I just hope it's not the injury coming  back.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Got in 6 miles at 6 AM today. It was so beautiful this morning, especially compared to the past 2 days when I ran midday, in the 85-90 degree heat. Here's a view of the Ben Franklin Bridge and Camden from Penn's Landing:

QOTD: No, but it sounds like a good idea.

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning.  Ran 3 very easy miles to shake out the legs.  Not feeling too bad from my race, but calves are still a bit tight.  I wore Altra Olympus shoes for the whole race, and I think the zero drop is what's making me sore in new places.  I had maybe 80 miles on the shoes before the race, including a very long training run.

QOTD:  Not really on my own, but have organized 2 Fat Ass runs.  I was just talking about this the other day, so maybe it's time to plan one this summer.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Gorgeous morning this morning- mid 40's, slightly overcast and the very slightest of breezes- even threw on a beanie Smile

a little over 5 miles w/ decent elevation, heel is definitely mending- it's not 100%, but it's getting closer

qotd: I try to mimic routes of races- elevation/distance/terrain etc- never went so far as setting aid stations though

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Low_O2

Morning all!

Well, I survived my first 50 miler on Saturday! Ended up 7th overall. Felt really good until the crazy weather rolled in. Snow, rain, cold and wind starting at mile 40 kind of froze up the body and made for a tough downhill to the finish. I hope to get a RR written up in the next few days. I'll probably take it super easy this week although I'm feeling surprisingly good already.

QOTD: Not really. I try to mimic race the course as best I can, but not as far as aid stations and such.

Watoni

A little over 5 last night, taking pics along the way, before dinner at a friend's last night.

Hopefully you folks can see the pics and the run here:

http://www.strava.com/activities/146007607

Taking today off since it is our wedding anniversary (14).

QOTD: I do not do this as much as I would like. Still want to either run to Stinson Beach from the GGB to our friend's place or do it out and back next weekend ...

Lace: Have fun in SA!

LB2

Morning all!

Well, I survived my first 50 miler on Saturday! Ended up 7th overall. Felt really good until the crazy weather rolled in. Snow, rain, cold and wind starting at mile 40 kind of froze up the body and made for a tough downhill to the finish. I hope to get a RR written up in the next few days. I'll probably take it super easy this week although I'm feeling surprisingly good already.

QOTD: Not really. I try to mimic race the course as best I can, but not as far as aid stations and such.

I am interested in hearing how the Tailwind worked for you on the 50 miler. I am really happy with the stuff so far.

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

Low_O2

I am interested in hearing how the Tailwind worked for you on the 50 miler. I am really happy with the stuff so far.

It worked great! I will put the intake details in my RR, but I was very happy with how it worked for me over the 10 hrs. No stomach or energy issues using only Tailwind all day.