Trailer Trash

Saturdailies (Read 32 times)

Marley and I had a nice 5 mile trail run this nice cool morning. We had the trails mostly to ourselves and only saw two mountain bikers.

Not sure why but the roads near our trails were about as crowded with runners as I have seen them. It looked like most of them were not used to running and quite a few looked like they were in pain. I wonder if maybe they were early new years resolution folks?

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

I have been up since 330 this morning. I had a really nice trail run yesterday... in daylight for almost the whole run! And wouldn't you know it...I fell. I was overdue. Three trips/near falls then down I went. No biggie...but it irritated something in my back and at 330 sciatic pain got me up. Then... my grandson got up...and it was a festival of Terrible Two Tantrums. I am REALLY too old for this.

yesterday's run WS the best in a long long time. It is freakishly warm here...and I am not complaining.

TT: glad Marley is feeling good.

Qotd: Anyone looking g to buy running gear At after Christmas sales? I have to get new shoes. I discovered my current five fingers are falling apart. I am concerned they have cheapened their product. Found a pair on sale! I also will look for a smart wool buff.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

QOTD: Nothing in particular.  I do generally keep my eyes open for good deals on shoes, usually previous years model Cascadias, but have a couple brand new pairs to start the new year with.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

It's REALLY cold this morning, so I'm waiting for the sun do its work before heading out to the trail with the pup. We're going to do 8 or 9 mountain miles in the snow.

QOTD: Not really. I'm going to send in an inventory request to Hammer so I can stock up on gels and such. I have enough running gear to last 2 lifetimes.

I have to get new shoes. I discovered my current five fingers are falling apart. I am concerned they have cheapened their product. Found a pair on sale! I also will look for a smart wool buff.

When the VFF manufacturers realized that 99.97% of their "shoes" were being purchased by the crossfit crowd, who are almost always too injured of disenfranchised to work out, they opted to loosen the quality standards so they could fund a reserve account for potential future litigation.

There's JUST enough truth in that statement to make it almost believable.

muppy

4.1 slow miles on the rail trail last night.

TrailTromper, I resemble one of those fat,slow, walking half the time people, i'm trying to slowly get back on the running wagon! 

QOTD i'm thinking about getting some shoes if I can find them on sale.

hog4life

Today is a RD(working), as yesterday was my LR of 20.5 miles. I took Bella, made a few stops, brought her a little food, walked a little when needed, and she did great. Wish I could post a pic from work. We took a gravel, hard packed dirt road on a wildlife refuge for most of the run. I'll be doing some traveling over the next few days to visit the FIL, he has stage 4 lymphoma cancer and not doing too well. I'm taking running gear for when the MIL drives me crazy.

QOTD; my son got me a $50 gift card to the LRS, so will be getting some shoes soon.

Watoni

Now arrived at my mom's in the San Diego area, with all of us having colds, which is problematic given my mom's health .... ughhh

Hopefully I will get for a run to Torrey Pines later today. Also thinking of trying to sign up for a half marathon tomorrow that ends in Torrey Pines, although it is road and I don't have any road shoes

QOTD: Not really. I got running stuff for Xmas!

runtraildc

5 miles with my bil's GSP in about 5 " of fresh snow. Next run I'm putting hubby's gps watch on the dog's collar.  I'm sure he ran twice as far and four times as fast.  Yes, that is dog math.

moonlight; good luck with the new shoes.  I know VFFs have works well for you.

watoni: I hope you and the family are feeling better soon so you can have fun with your mom ( and worry less about getting her sick)

qotd: no plans, unless i come across a deal I can't pass up

Daydreamer1

Heading out for somewhere between 4.5 and 8 miles. It all depends on if I'm running by myself, with DS, or if DW wants to meet me towards the end. I'm also quite tired. I worked last night and came home exhausted. Went directly  to bed and just woke up still feeling very tired.

QOTD: I might try to see if I can find some shoes. I need a new pair of Hokas for the road.

AT-runner

Tim

22 miler with mix of single track, ATV trails, and logging roads.  Ran with running buddy and DW.  Beautiful day was sunny (all the PA people can attest that we have not had much sun all month) 36 degrees at start and 55 degrees when we were done.  Saw 8 Mt bikers and about 40 ATV's (or the same people over and over).  Every ATV person was great and throttled down when they saw us, and this isn't always the case.  One kid was obviously on a new ATV that parents must have been hoping he'd grow in to.  He could barely touch his toes to the deck.

QOTD:  DD#1 got a new job doing marketing for Columbia Sportswear, so I go a lot of running / performance clothes.  DW gave me Altra dress shoes, and they are the most comfortable dress shoes I've ever worn.  I may need a new pair of Olympus', otherwise I have too much and need to get rid of the permanently stinky stuff.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I may need a new pair of Olympus', otherwise I have too much and need to get rid of the permanently stinky stuff.

The new Olympus is coming out on January 15th, so you might want to wait for that.

AT-runner

Tim

The new Olympus is coming out on January 15th, so you might want to wait for that.

Hope they don't make too many changes, I really like that shoe.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Beautiful day was sunny (all the PA people can attest that we have not had much sun all month) 36 degrees at start and 55 degrees when we were done.  

PA person here to attest! Such a gloomy month.  Most of my runs have been in the dark, but it's not like it's made a difference! It felt great to soak up some sun this morning.

I got in 8 miles on the dirt roads.  Lots of rolling hills.  Muzzle loader is back in for a few weeks so my trail time is limited to Sundays once again Sad

QOTD: I need new shoes.  Fortunately I'm headed to the big city tomorrow night to visit my folks for a few days.  The LRS is pretty nice there, and I stock up every year.  Not necessarily sale minded, but I keep my eyes peeled.

Occasional Runner

The biggest changes will be the color options. It's essentially the same shoe.

When they came out with the Olympus, it was the catalyst for all the big changes to every other shoe they make. All the new shoes have a similar style of construction and materials, based on the design of the Olympus. Once the rest of the line catches up, I don't think you'll see many big swings like we've seen recently. Altra is finding their equilibrium.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The human body is a confusing thing.  My foot hurt on the trail on Wednesday, but today it felt pretty good, so I ran 7.8 miles.  I'm still going to stay off the road for a while, but fingers crossed that this tendonitis is healing.  It doesn't hurt to press on the top of my foot anymore, so that's something.

QOTD: Nah. I should be good for a while.  Moonlight, I have a polar buff that's really awesome.  One of my favorite pieces of winter gear.

Running is dumb.