Trailer Trash

Quiet Sundaily (Read 34 times)

runtraildc

Enjoying a quiet Sunday.  Everyone slept in (including me) and now prepping to go back to school, work, etc.  The end of the holidays are always a jolt.  Running-wise, I think it'll be a rest day.  This cold seems to have come back for round #2.

qotd:  Any post-holiday plans, travels or traditions?  For us, our attentions turn to skiing, though we don't live in a ski dreamland.  still figuring out if we'll head north in February for a long ski weekend, but other than that nothing big planned.

sugnim

Good morning. My dog & I broke trail through several inches of fresh snow this morning for five and a half slow miles. It's supposed to continue to snow through the day and overnight.

QOTD: We don't have any traditions or plans. January is my least favorite month of the year because its so dark. I'll probably spend some evenings looking through seed catalogs and dreaming of the smell of the fresh spring soil.

Runtrail: I hope you feel better soon. I'd message you some chicken soup if I could!

NorthernHarrier

A quiet and lazy day for me. Coffee is gone, read the sports page and a couple on-line sports sites. Some stretching and core and now heading to the weights. We are having a cold, blustery day with a little snow so I'll have to take care of the driveway then we'll head to the in-laws and I'll take care of theirs. I'll watch some football and then get my run in just as it's getting dark out at the cam-rock trails. And in keeping with the sports thing I'll watch Badger basketball tonight.

QOTD--Nothing specific until March. We have a campsite reserved for a week at one of the Florida state parks on the gulf coast near Destin. I'll lay around like a beached whale. Otherwise some long wknds at the cabin doing the winter recreation.

Occasional Runner

12 miles today. 6 on the road and 6 in the mountains, with some gym time in between. All easy miles this week...just keeping the blood flowing through my legs. Sunday is a great day for the gym in Utah because nobody does ANYTHING in Utah on Sunday and the gym is almost empty...except for us heathens.

QOTD: Nothing holiday specific, but we leave on Sunday for Brazil. That should be fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers.  Wee bit chilly here this morning, 2 with a windchill of -14, if the wind dies down, going to try and get another snowshoe run in (we got another couple additional inches last night, probably a little over a foot on the level now)- it was tough going yesterday as the snow is pretty deep and dry, but I have to admit bombing the downhills on shoes is pretty fun!  

qotd: nothing spectacular planned, this is the season where I try and squeeze in x-country skiing and snowshoeing as much as weather permits, also the season that I spend the most time on the dreadmill Sad  hoping for a mild winter, thus far my hoping hasn't worked so well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

Ugh, it warmed up enough that cold rain(and buckets of it!) is the order of the day. Ran 27 on a paved park loop... it was meant to be 30 but as I mentioned recently I have a shell that's totally delaminated and so I was soaked to the bone for four hours. Costume changes only delayed the inevitable. When the shakes set in I gave up. Everything else held up pretty well, though(!) So it's grab a new shell and get ready to toe the line at Beast of Burden in three weeks.

qotd: Mercifully, there's not much going on. Last year I took the old Christmas tree outside and lit it up, but I nearly set a whole line of trees on fire with its twenty foot fireball, so that's probably not gonna happen again.

Sandy-2

Went to Huntsville State Park and ran the 20 mile Rocky Raccoon 100 loop, plus a bit more to get 22 miles in.  It was a picture-perfect morning, starting with the pre-dawn setting of the full moon, the crisp air, lots of stars.  Started out with a short sleeve and a long sleeve shirt with gloves for the first 6 miles, then swung by the car and dropped off the lights and ditched the long sleeve.  Still kinda cold/crisp but my favorite temps (I guess in the low 40's) wearing a short sleeve and gloves.  The trail was also in perfect shape, we had a lot of rain this week but it drains well, so the packed trail was wet, but no water or mud.  The 22 just glided by.

The two people I was running with are doing RR100 at the end of the month, I'm really going to miss not being there since I'll be back in Asia by then.

qotd: Nope.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Another soaking wet run today.  Ran 16 on a pretty tame trail section.  DW did 10 since her ankle is still sore from a good twist last Thursday.  It was pretty foggy with light mist / rain.  Always feels like I'm on a new trail when I run in the fog.  Turns seem to come up quicker but hills seem to go on longer.

Lace - can you order a beer at a restaurant on Sunday's?  I know you can in Park City, but not sure how far Mormon Laws extend.

blargendarg - I feel you pain.  I was shivering after yesterday's run, and today my fingers were blue when I was done since my gloves were soaked.  Not even that cold, just soaked to the bone both days.

QOTD:  Nothing for a few weeks.  Maybe a trip to SC in March to see the in-laws.  I go to AZ in April to run R2R2R and then recover by playing some golf.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Lace - can you order a beer at a restaurant on Sunday's?  I know you can in Park City, but not sure how far Mormon Laws extend.

Yeah, after 11:30 AM. And I can buy it in the grocery store, but I can't get high point beer because it's sold in the state controlled stores and their closed on Sunday. Our laws are a pain in the ass, but once you understand them, they're pretty manageable. Most of what people think about Utah liquor laws aren't true.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's good to have you back, sugnim Smile

Warden, bombing downhills on snowshoes is probably one of my favorite parts of running.  Damn, that's fun.

I ran 6.5 cold, snowy, windy, nasty miles around my neighborhood this morning.  We got maybe 2" of new powder overnight.  Winter is here.

QOTD: I am leaving for sunny and warm Arizona in 41 days.  Not that I am counting or anything!!!

Running is dumb.

7 Miles out in Brush Hollow today with some girls from my running club.  It was pretty soupy and I was dragging after a long work weekend, but it was 50 degrees and sunny, so I can't complain.

QOTD: Work calms down significantly here for me in January.  I go from 60+ hour weeks to the standard 40, so our after holiday festivities mostly include catching up on life and sleep and doing as much hibernating as we can before Ridgway Rendezvous in February.  I don't mind the cold and dark as long as I can squeeze in some miles, and hopefully some XC skiing here soon.  Have yet to see enough snow for that yet though!!

enjoy the rest of your weekends, all!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Temps in the 50s but damp. Ran 10.7 miles at what for me is a good pace, especially since I expected to have tired legs.

QOTD: Heading to Clearwater, FL mid-month for a 50K and visit with my DD in Leesburg.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

moonlightrunner

I don't think I am going to run today. The back of my left knee is swollen and painful. It is supposed to get very cold here this week..and we may get a few inches of snow. Even though the winter has been mild, I am ready for it to be spring.

Qotd: aside from turning another year older...which firmly put me into my "late 50's...nothing is going on. I need to sign up for some spring races to give me a goal and a purpose.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Watoni

Just downhill skiing today.

took a break from the snowshoe trails today (been running in my cleated shoes after a morning of skiing)

QOTD: not really

Queen of Nothing

Sue

9 miles with the old running buddy...on the canal so very flat.  Good time catching up with her.

Qotd: Well my SIL said she was going to So Cal in Feb to visit her son and camp at the beach (she's from MI).  If she dies I will spend a long weekend with her.  Have plan tickets to Puerta Vallarta end of Feb.  My folks live there in the winter.  My sister us akso going and my SiL mentioned above and my bro (who is one of the best person I know) are also going to be there.  Loooking forward to that.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄