Trailer Trash

wednesdailies (Read 31 times)

Another nice 6 mile trail run. The weather was great!

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

I have a full day of golf, conference and then dinner. Decided not to get up early, so it's a SRD for me today. Now I'm just waiting for some clients with the later tee time.

Have a good one.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

Don't work too hard, Sandy. I know it is tough out there on the golf course, water hazards, sand traps. Be careful.

I'll get about 5 easy ones after work. This calf thing has me a little confused. It feels like it is on the verge of a major cramp, but it doesn't bother me to run on it. I don't even feel it then. I'll just take it easy and not run too fast (fast being a relative term) for a few days.

QOTD: How is your overall running going right now and what are you excited about, running related, down the trail this year?

Running is going very well. I am moving faster with less effort, and I don't know if it is because I have run these trails so often that I am getting used to them or if I have actually gotten a little faster. My weight is down pretty good, so maybe I have gained a little speed. I feel pretty darn good right now; I hope it stays that way.

This year I am excited about Pinhoti in November, and I am excited about this year's Cajun Coyote race. I am planning to pace Kelly again, 40 miles this time. And I am hoping to talk my brother into actually running the 100 miler this year.

LB2

Occasional Runner

6 mile tempo run this morning. I managed to get to the gym for the first time in 10 days. It was much needed and felt great.

QOTD: My running is going very well. I feel good and my speed is definitely up from this time last year. I'm looking forward to Cajun Coyote as well and I hope to win that race again. I also plan to follow that up with another win a few weeks later at Across The Years, but am undecided on which race to shoot for. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to getting back to Leadville and am eager for the Grand Canyon 100 and Bryce 100.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Humpday!

I did a nice 6 mile loop this morning, great running weather.

QOTD: My running is going well, I'm back to my normal 6 milers during the week and longer

runs on weekends. I'm looking forward to the possibility of moving within the next 3-9 months.

The trails, and outdoor recreation in general, in this area is limited so I'm hopeful about changing

that.

Gator eye

Me and the mutt went out for 8 this morning.

QOTD: Not as well as I hoped, I seem to be loosing speed these days. Probably cause I ve been putting in long miles and little speed work. Speed always leaves me sore and needing time off. I keep telling myself after this season I'm going to cut the miles in half and work on speed but really I'm just foolin myself, I just love plodding along at a nice easy pace.

moonlightrunner

Boot camp after work today...will try to run a few miles before. When I ran the other day through a section of my trail I now refer to as "the little shop of horrors" a vine grabbed my foot. I did not fall but it did a number on the top of my foot. I trued to run on it Monday but it was too painful. I will try again today.

Qotd: I am going through a new adjustment period mentally. Last summer and fall running was a constant euphoric experience due to my very rapid weight loss. Running was easier a d faster because I was used to hauling 100 extra pounds with me. Running does not feel as easy as it did probably because I have more fully adjusted to my new weight. As I carve more time out of my new life (job, living situation) I hope to ramp up miles and work on some speed. Racing this summer is iffy because of work demands...but I am hoping for a weekendtrip soon to the Traverse CCity area for a weekend of running trails.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning All!

Put some new tires and grips on the bike, spandex'd up, and rode around the hood for a half hour.  I never thought I would be that goofy spandex guy.

QOTD: Overall, this year has been good.  I won a race in early April, so no complaints about that.  Missed a lot of training during April, but was able to complete a 50 miler.  Right now, I'm confident that I'll be able to recover and get ready to nail a couple more 50+ mile events this season.

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

I just noticed this on the banner ads that pop-up here. This one's for boyjame, still time to

register, only $80.00

http://www.5kfoamfest.com/

The 5k Foam Fest has all the mud pits and trail running obstacles you could ask for

Birdwell

got in 6 late last night, plan on 7-9 this evening.

QOTD: This is a complicated question for me. On the one hand, my training has been better this year than ever before. On the other hand I've set some really ambitious goals for the not to distance future (a late fall race, Pass Mountain 50K, and then a race next summer). I look at my current fitness compared to where I think I should be and it gets a little overwhelming. Some days I think I may be aiming to high, other days I wonder if I'm aiming to low. In the end I think the lofty goals will be worth it and attainable, so long as I stick to the current path I'm on.

Low_O2

Up early for 10.1 miles across the desert with the dog this morning. I was surprised how well I could see without my headlamp even though it was 1.5 hrs before sunrise. Finally had to turn on the light when things started getting pretty rocky.

QOTD: Running has been going well lately. I've been getting in the miles and recovering well. I feel like I could up the miles comfortably if I had more time, but it's been challenging to get in the miles lately with everything else going on. I'm looking forward to my first 50 miler in a few weeks. If all goes well with that and the scheduling works out, I am strongly considering dipping into the 100 miler waters later this year.

I just noticed this on the banner ads that pop-up here. This one's for boyjame, still time to

register, only $80.00

http://www.5kfoamfest.com/

The 5k Foam Fest has all the mud pits and trail running obstacles you could ask for

I thought the italicized text was a joke....then I clicked the link and saw that was a direct quote from the website 

Rest for me today. Still pretty sore from Sunday's race and I've got another one coming up this weekend.

QOTD:  Things have been going very well for me this year, both on the trails and the road. Hoping for some more short trail races in the fall and a fast race at the Rehoboth Marathon in December.

QOTD:  Running is going well for me.  The pooch and I manage to get out pretty much every day and enjoy our runs.  I don't worry over whether my times are improving or not, but merely whether it is fun and feels good.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Just got back from 6.5 miles on the dirt roads around the house. Went fairly well, now it's off to work for a long night shift.

QOTD: Overall it's fair this year. My short to medium runs are going well. My long training runs have been decent. My race sucked but some of that was due to my normal undertraining. Overall I have more power on the hills this year which I think is due to me not taking Prilosec anymore. In a little over 2 weeks I'll be doing some running in the Grand Canyon that I'm really starting to look forward to.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready for a few miles after work. My legs are still tired from yesterday, so that's going to be fun... I should make it into a B2B to get the maximum benefit out of yesterday's long-ish run, but I doubt I'll have enough time. QOTD: not bad, but not stellar, either. I'm struggling with ramping my mileage up above 55 per week, I just feel so tired, and so do my legs. On the bright side, I seem to have figured out how to deal with my randomly occurring dizziness and nausea: more food, before and during the run, really helps.

Run for fun.