Trailer Trash

Murky Monday (Read 36 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Murky simply because it's a Monday.  I am resting today but honestly feel so much better than I did two years ago after my first 50.  But I hope I haven't spoken too soon.

QOTD: During a race, what do you do when you see a photographer?

I always feel weird about it.  Should I give eye contact? smile? thumbs up? look natural?

After looking at pics from Stone Mill, I realized most people do give eye contact and seem to smile for the camera.  Note to self - it's not weird to do so!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

I'm also resting today. Probably no running for me this week.  I hope I can do a little cross training later this week.  My quads are in a lot of pain but should be feeling better by tomorrow.

QOTD: I used to wave but always hated the pictures, so now I just smile.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Will hit the trails tomorrow and see what damage the wind did from last nights strong thunder storms.

QOTD:  I try to pose like Dean Karnazes - lean to one side, kick my heel up to buttock and contact EVERY muscle.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning all!  I've been a non-runner these past few weeks, just averaging 3 miles per week- ugh.  I haven't run since a week ago Sunday when I sprained my ankle pretty badly.  I had a couple of plans/attempts to run, but they all fell apart.  As I'm closing out my job this week, I'm seeing much more daylight time to get back into the swing of things!  Cannot wait Smile

I'm hoping to get out for a short run tonight while the boys are swimming.  I'll report back tomorrow.

qotd:  so do I!!

QOTD:  I try to pose like Dean Karnazes - lean to one side, kick my heel up to buttock and contact EVERY muscle.

ok, maybe smile.  I never like them nor buy them anyways, so I generally just ignore the photographers.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Waiting on my horseshoer hoping to get some miles in later , our weather is going to change tonight

QOTD : I stop and pose . I buy them if I look even half way ok . I have a couple friends who are professional photographers mainly at horse shows , I know they depend on people buying the pictures so I do.

muppy

Got in 5.5 last night.

Hope all the stone mill peeps had a great run!

QOTD I usually don't even notice them, if I do I just give them the peace sign.

Gator eye

Rest day.

QOTD: I use to give a piece sign or a thumbs up and even try to put a smile on my face but I always come out looking like some mad man with a wild snarl that would give little kids nightmares.  Now I just run by as quick as I can to save me from the embarrassment  of more than one race pic.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hoping to get a run in later. I'm sure there will be a few downed trees or fallen tree limbs on the trails as a result of last night's storm. QOTD: I smile, same thing that I do for spectators. I've heard it makes you feel better, so I smile whenever I can during a race.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's a rest day...and I am tired.  If you didn't look at Sunday check out the shot of my sweet Earl.

QOTD:  Try to smile maybe wave or peace sign but usually hate my pictures.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

2.3 very slow recovery miles with Weston this morning.

QOTD:  I jump, or give a big smile, unless I'm unable.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Chnaiur

Thanks to Warden's QOTD yesterday, I made it out to the real trails, saw a spectacular sunset, and took a cool pic of my city! 15 miles yesterday, and 5 today.

QOTD: Dunno. Just stare at them I suppose.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

runfastandie

I'm a full on poser! I straighten my clothes, adjust my posture and smile. Sometimes I show off my guns.

I love it!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD:  I jump, or give a big smile, unless I'm unable.

Yes I noticed.  I thought that was funny but also wondering how you had the legs to jump.  Must have been early in the race.  Smile

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

Queen....great pic of Earl and his prize! Dogs go to great lengths to entertain us.

I am at the trail head now...poised to do 7. The family drama has simmered down...now I have to decide if I can salvage my training and run my marathon Dec 7. I am not feeling very hopeful...we will see.

qotd: I don't race much...it is likely I would not pose or even make eye contact.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

8 or 10 after work. It will be on a normal route but extended a little bit this evening. I didn't get crap done this weekend. I really need 10 if I have the time.

QOTD: Nothing. I usually don't notice them.

LB2