Trailer Trash

Monday (Read 38 times)

LB2

5 after work on the road.

QOTD: pass.

LB2

Daydreamer1

A busy day ahead, hopefully I'll get in 6 miles this afternoon.

QOTD: I'm sure some of you have seen these reports. http://bangordailynews.com/2013/10/19/news/nation/us-scout-leaders-topple-ancient-rock-formation-trigger-outrage/?ref=mostReadBoxNews.  If your like me you're just a little upset with them. So if you were judge, jury and executioner .oerr. The Witcher Executioner Art | Gallery at FreakyGaming  What punishment would you mete out?

I'd give them at least 5-10 years in jail with work release doing clean up in parks. After that they would be banned from the parks for life.

QOTD 2: DO you support parks in anyway? I donate to Rails-to Trails, National Park Foundation and The National Parks Conservation Assoc.

Occasional Runner

Nothing today. I'm playing this week by ear but will definitely get some miles in soon.

QOTD1: Those guys should definitely do time in prison. That park is just south of my house and it's an amazing place. It's tragic that there are people like that in the world. Whatever happens, I hope this whole thing ruins his life.

QOTD2: I volunteer and do trail work.

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  got in a tenmiler race yesterday.  Pretty sure I won't do this race again -- I normally don't do large road races, but I think I am officially finished.  It's gotten even more crowded, and a mess up with security and the wave starts only made it worse.  I felt as if I was dodging slower runners and walkers from the very start.  And, I'm slow.

qotd1:  speechless.  And saddened, since I think there are many like him (but just not stupid enough to post it).  These are the barbarians the rangers were focused on keeping out of the parks during the shutdown.

qotd2:  many career years with conservation &  public land agencies, but I should do more.

Morning. Today is a SRD for me. Feeling pretty good after 31 miles this weekend.

QOTD: I can't believe they had the balls to post that on the internet. I hope they go to prison...or at least the one guy who did it. I can't believe they are troop leaders!

QOTD2: Sadly, I don't do enough to support our parks. Was just thinking the other day that I'd like to get out and do some trail work so maybe I'll get involved in that way.

Sandy-2

SRD today.

qotd 1: they should make them put it back.  Then there should be some sort of punishment.  Can't believe that they are Scout Leaders (however I suspect they won't be for  much longer).

qotd 2: I buy a State Park pass that I really don't need.  I treat it as sort of a donation.  I should do more though.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

sugnim

Good morning all.  Rest day here.  It's my first day back at work since my son was born, and I also have orchestra rehearsal tonight.  It is strange being away from him.

QOTD:  I think that a ton of education regarding geology & property rights as well as a year's worth of community service would be a fitting punishment.  I would also like to see him (after his education & community service) do a series of presentations in schools explaining the significance, history, and importance of our national parks with special attention to preservation.

QOTD 2:  I guess I support parks with my tax dollars and my entrance fees when I visit them.  I don't do anything beyond that, but I"m glad that some other folks do.

No run today.  It was a chilly 39F at the trailhead this morning. I rode the mountain bike and Marley ran along.  This was the first dip into the 30s this season here.

Not running related, but at least trail related... I swapped the bars, levers, and shifters on my mountain bike out for a drop bar setup. This was the first test ride of that setup and it was a bit of a learning curve, but I think it will work out well. I found it difficult to hop the front wheel over obstacles at first, but after a few miles it started to feel more natural. I needed to change the setup to accommodate my arthritic wrists and thumbs that didn't like the straight bar setup. The stem that I am currently using is a bit too long, but I have a shorter one on order.

QOTD:  What a bunch of dumb asses!  I think they actually didn't think they did anything wrong.  At the very least they deserve a heavy fine and a lot of public service time.  It wouldn't break my heart if they got some jail time.  The fact that they were scout leaders is especially sad.  The BSA should ban them for life for sure.

QOTD:  I love the National Parks and use them a lot.  I do not do as much as I should to support them other than pay my taxes, pay the fees, and behave responsibly when I visit them.  Since I have a senior pass ($10 for lifetime admission and discounts on other charges) I don't even pay many fees.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

In scrolling thru the pages of the last couple days I saw a QOTD regarding the seasonal changes. FUNNY! It is full blown winter up here. I have snow on the ground, temp at 30F with a winter advisory for tonight with heavy lake effect snows coming. Where did my autumn go? So much for getting a last run in at the Porkies. Still, this beats work. Heading out for a 10 miler on my favorite system near here, should be real nice with no icy streams to wade thru.

QOTD--I didn't read the link posted, later, but I have donated to different organizations over the years along with a ton spent on user fees, licenses, and permits.  Also do the volunteer lake sampling on my lake. As far as boots on the ground actually doing trail or conservation labor I guess I'm a slacker. Embarrassed

Brian Runner

Easy trail run planned for this afternoon.

QOTD: I pick up trash and did a bit of trail maintenance as needed.

Brian's Trail Running Meme of The Day:

LB2

QOTD 1: I think they should certainly be prosecuted. I just don't understand what they were thinking. And the very suggestion that he was doing it for "safety reasons" is insulting. However, the prospects of jail time are probably low. I am certain there will be a fine and probably community service. I heard somewhere that this guy filed a lawsuit last month claiming that he was disabled from a car accident a few years ago. The guy who was getting sued was saying that he didn't look too disabled to him. I think this guy is going to have a hard time convincing a jury that he is disabled.

QOTD 2: I pay the fees when I enter a national park or any type of park that requests a fee. I pick up trash when I find it, which is more often than I like to think. And I don't topple over monuments or cut down trees, which may be the best thing of all.

LB2

LB2

By the way, do the Boy Scouts give out a National Monument Destruction Badge?

LB2

Low_O2

Hello all.

Not sure what I'll do today, maybe a short run later.

QOTD1:  A real moron for sure! Although I'm usually all for locking up criminals and just plain stupid people, I'm not sure I would do that in this case. Locking him up would just cost us(the taxpayers) money. I think a very large fine/donation straight to the park along with a huge amount of community service hours would be more appropriate. That would help support the parks instead of taking money away to pay for him to sit around in a jail cell.

QOTD2: I don't visit actual parks very often as most of my travels take me to national forest and wilderness type areas. I wish I had more free time to do trail work and other volunteer activities, but as it is my only support is entrance fees and cleaning up any trash I see along the way.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I heard somewhere that this guy filed a lawsuit last month claiming that he was disabled from a car accident a few years ago. The guy who was getting sued was saying that he didn't look too disabled to him. I think this guy is going to have a hard time convincing a jury that he is disabled.

Obesity is a disability, he can always fall back on that.

SRD today, 29 trail miles this past weekend and a 46th b-day, not too shabby.

QOTD: I'd make him put it back, then topple him over.

QOTD: I've volunteered at races and have done some trail work. When we moved to this

area in Aug I contacted the conservation dpt looking for opportunities to help.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Working since 5, so no run yet, but hoping for a few nice miles in the autumn forests.

Nice weather, but ice on my car in the morning is the usual now.

LB2: maybe the guy can convince them that he is mentally disable. Perhaps that is why he posted the vido?

QOTD1: so many good ideas alteady, I like the geology education and teaching, putting the rock back, toppling him over, and community work. No jail, as he might be considered a hero there, aand it costs taxpayer's money. A fine directly to the NP's would be great.

QOTD2: I pay fees, pick up trash (and do a bigger cleanup with my family every Earth Day), and the profits of lots of souvenirs and stuffed animals purchased in the parks also go to.the parks directly, I hope. Oh, and I have passes to a few parks, which I barely use, but I don't mind. I see it as a donation.

Run for fun.